My new favourite jerk of all time ...

Shane_B.

40 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Same song?

Any skillz improvements?

FYI: Chickz dig guyz with skillz.

Sadly I've gone backwards in my skillz. Heck, I don't even plug it in anymore as you can tell from the new picture.

BTW ... I still have the same guitar cord too. It's blue, but it has a yellowish tint to it now from age and smoky bars.

Edited by Shane_B.

1 hour ago, Shane_B. said:

Sadly I've gone backwards in my skillz. Heck, I don't even plug it in anymore as you can tell from the new picture.

BTW ... I still have the same guitar cord too. It's blue, but it has a yellowish tint to it now from age and smoky bars.

Good news is that you're still in shape  , i added personnaly some kgs other the years ./.... lol 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bapu said:

He's got me beat by one year for my Alembic Series I bass. I got that 44 years ago.

Actually, you've got me beat by 9 years. 2021-1986=35. I find it hard to go quickly count the years going from the 19's to the 20's. I do the same exact thing all the time.

It's a MIJ Fender Stratocaster made in 1984 according to the serial on the neck.

My EMG's I put in it in the late 80's are starting to sound odd. I was reading that the ones I have are the ones David Gilmour designed his 'signature emg series' off of. I guess I was ahead of my time eh? They sound glassy/harsh/sharp/digital almost. I'm hoping it's just the old caps on the pots, otherwise I'll have to replace them. ☹

51 minutes ago, Zo said:

Good news is that you're still in shape  , i added personnaly some kgs other the years ./.... lol 

I actually almost doubled in size over the years. I'm embarrassed to say how much. In the last 3 years I lost it all and I'm actually thinner now than I was in the picture from 86. I've lost another 15 lb's since I took the current picture. I lost so much weight I had to have corrective surgery to repair the damage I had done. But I'm all good now. 

Just now, Shane_B. said:

I actually almost doubled in size over the years. I'm embarrassed to say how much. In the last 3 years I lost it all and I'm actually thinner now than I was in the picture from 86. I've lost another 15 lb's since I took the current picture. I lost so much weight I had to have corrective surgery to repair the damage I had done. But I'm all good now. 

Yep people don't usually know that losing too much weight in short time is very very dangerous  !!!

Anyway you look great now !! Now the question is how the playing goes lol ? ;)

8 hours ago, SteveStrummerUK said:

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 🥺

No.

A glimpse through the Time Machine  44 years ago give or take a day or two

Alembic2.thumb.jpg.1ae9902d07bcfc27e7616d7c7400dd05.jpg

Kenny

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 57Gregy said:

What about the Bub era Shane?

This used to be my Bub avvy on the old forum around Halloween. John scolded me one time iirc because he found the axe to be offensive. I'm 100% sure someone complained and 99% sure it was John.

Bub Zombie.jpg

Edited by Shane_B.
  • Haha 2

On 10/13/2021 at 2:18 PM, bdickens said:

It's awesome that you still have the same guitar 45 years later.

I'm not sure how I feel knowing that I have a couple of vintage pieces of gear that I bought brand new ....

On 10/13/2021 at 2:40 PM, Bapu said:

He's got me beat by one year for my Alembic Series I bass. I got that 44 years ago.

50 minus 15 = 45???  Hmm... 🤔