Plugin Alliance / PA_EXT: Acon Digital Restoration Suite 2 for $29.99

pseudopop

52 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/x-acon-digital-restoration-suite-2.html

Is this any good for anything else than audio restoration?

You can use it for most things you'd use Izotope's RX for. I use it for audio restoration or subtle noise/hum reduction on individual tracks/recordings. Comes with the typical modules (de-noise, de-hum, de-clip, de-click). Not as fully-featured powerful as RX Standard/Advanced, but it's excellent at what it does and has a very nice/intuitive interface. Great price, too, I bought it during a Black Friday sale for abour $60. 

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

You can use it for most things you'd use Izotope's RX for. I use it for audio restoration or subtle noise/hum reduction on individual tracks/recordings. Comes with the typical modules (de-noise, de-hum, de-clip, de-click). Not as fully-featured powerful as RX Standard/Advanced, but it's excellent at what it does and has a very nice/intuitive interface. Great price, too, I bought it during a Black Friday sale for abour $60. 

This ^^^

Thanks for the info.

I have RX 7 Elements, but I haven't even installed it, since most of the material I work with is either from VIs or DIs, so unwanted noise is rarely an issue. Though I am about to record some vocals in a sub-optimal environment, so maybe I should pick this up just in case.

I remember, like 20 year ago, I had Nero CD burning suite and was able to use it's built-in noise removal tool to first analyze a 10-20sec sample then remove with an offline process, it was soooo good! I had a really bad recorded digital stage piano, low signal with lots of background noise and some loud annoying buzz from a bad wiring. Fortunately there was enough just noise at the beginning before the actual music started so I could take just a sample for analysis, then it cleared the whole take from most of the background noise and completely removed the buzz, leaving piano sound literally untouched. I was speechless. Is there any alternative like that nowadays? Is this Acon suite capable to do same thing?

3 hours ago, chris.r said:

I remember, like 20 year ago, I had Nero CD burning suite and was able to use it's built-in noise removal tool to first analyze a 10-20sec sample then remove with an offline process, it was soooo good! I had a really bad recorded digital stage piano, low signal with lots of background noise and some loud annoying buzz from a bad wiring. Fortunately there was enough just noise at the beginning before the actual music started so I could take just a sample for analysis, then it cleared the whole take from most of the background noise and completely removed the buzz, leaving piano sound literally untouched. I was speechless. Is there any alternative like that nowadays? Is this Acon suite capable to do same thing?

It should be able to:   

DeNoise 2 is a plug-in designed to reduce noise such as hiss, wind noise, buzz and camera noise. The noise can be reduced automatically in the adaptive mode or after measuring the characteristics of the noise in the noise profile mode

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, chris.r said:

I was speechless. Is there any alternative like that nowadays? Is this Acon suite capable to do same thing?

Not only capable, but surely much better at it than the legendary Nero burning suite.

It might not leave you speechless though, our expectations evolved too much since then. Forget how good Nero was, like everyone else, you were probably shocked at the time that there was such a denoise-ing tool to begin with, so you bet that piano sound was left 'untouched'. Now you'll be fiddling with Acon for an hour or so, for +/- 1% soft knee tweaks and careful parallel processing , to be just about content with the amount of sheen lost in the high-mids. 

Edited by fitzroy
  • Like 1

I have this as part of Acoustica Premium, which I bought to replace SpectraLayers. Pricey, but there may be a BF sale. Highly recommended!

Acoustica Audio Editor

FWIW, here's what's included with Premium. [The only major plug-ins NOT included with Premium are DeVerberate 3 and DeFilter 1.]

Mastering Suite consisting of Equalize 2, Dynamics, Multiband Dynamics, Limit and Dither.
Verberate 2, our renowned natural sounding reverb plug-in
Restoration Suite 2 with four plug-ins for audio restoration: DeNoise 2, DeHum 2, DeClick 2 and DeClip 2.
Extract:Dialogue automatically reduces background noise in dialogue recordings
DeWind:Dialogue automatically reduces wind noise from dialogue
DeRustle:Dialogue automatically reduces clothing rustle and microphone bump noise from lavalier recordings
DeBuzz:Dialogue automatically reduces buzz and hum noises such as neon light buzz, AC power hum, RF transmission interference from dialogue recordings
Transfer, an AAX plug-in that makes audio transfers between Pro Tools and Acoustica a breeze.

• Like 1

I can recommend the Restoration Suite 2. When I made a comparison with the corresponding RX plugins some time ago, I found that they are on the same level and one plugin (Acon DeClip or DeClick) was even better IMO, i.e. it delivered clearly a better result on my test case.

Another thing to consider: The Acon Digital plugins do have a real offline autorisation key (no internet required at all, even no 2nd PC with internet!).

By the way I could not resist to grab this deal with my monthly voucher!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2021 at 7:44 AM, mibby said:

I was thinking it might be nice to have another "flavor" of restoration stuff besides Izotope. 

You can use a PA $25 voucher to get this for $19.99 instead of $29.99 too..

On more than one occasion I've found it valuable to have more than one flavor of restoration plugin/app and for $19 - that's a nobrainer addition to my toolbox.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

Oh, yes. Flaunt those fancy $25 vouchers of yours, will you? Sheesh.

I just sent PA a request to drop me from the $50 voucher lever back to the $25 one. Let's see how that goes.

Would it be nice if they gave you 2 $25 vouchers!

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, Pseudopop said:

Flaunt those fancy $25 vouchers of yours

This month's $25 voucher is not personalized and has already been posted elsewhere in gearspace (search for: who uses plugin alliance)

I don't think I've seen any vouchers posted in this forum so I suspect it's not allowed, that's why I'm giving "a fishing rod instead of a fish"

• Thanks 1