Ganymede

bjornpdx

Ganymede

Ganymede is one of the four Gallilean moons of Jupiter. You can actually see them with binoculars on a clear night. So far, astronomers have discovered 79 moons of Jupiter, Ganymede being the largest. So now I'm thinking of writing spacey pieces for the other three Gallilean moons, sort of like Wookie's gas giants theme.  

One of the tracks has what I call Klaus Schulze noise effects, for example at 0:10 and 0:19. I've been trying to get that sound from my synths for a long time (years actually) and finally I figured out how to do it! Close enough anyway.

Thanks for listening/commenting

Omnisphere
Pigments
u-he Repro
u-he Zebra
Kontakt  Wide Blue Sound Orbit
Cherry audio  Memory Mood

• Like 6

Wookie - Good ear. One of the tracks is a gamelan (Gamelan Wheel, an Omnisphere patch). I like it because it has kind of a mystical quality to it.
jack c -  thanks
antler - thanks for noticing the pitch bends. not so easy to do depending on the instrument
musekanp - thanks. I've been enjoying your space music too.
tracing arcs - KS is one of my heroes.
Jnicholson -  thanks appreciate the comment
David -  thanks so much. appreciate it!
-Bjorn

• 3 weeks later...

Nicely done, Bjorn! Very pleasant soundscape. I haven't tried any of the U-he softsynths but you found a bunch of suitable sounds here. You maybe could try go more nuts with the delays in the background so the echoes stays a little longer. Great work, now only 7 moons left (or  78 if you count them all)?