Orchestral Electrons

ramscapri

Reminds me of a  modern "tubular bells"   must be the groove at the beginning.
Strings sounded a little tinny on my Focals...  but I think that was your intention?
I liked it.

Edited by garybrun

Yes, I agree.  Tubular Bells sound, but much more interesting with much more detail and instrumentation.  TB gets boring after about the first minute because it's so repetitive.

Like this lots!

😀John B.

"Amalgam" seems to fit. Nice buildup at the beginning.  I really like the groove starting ~0:30. Might be too many different instruments IMO. Kind of wish the phrase that begins ~2:35 were developed more - you could make a new song out of that.
I like the song. Well done.

Mannheim Steamrollarian! This is a cool track, nice dynamics with the intro leading us in. Maybe the string lines have a bit much reverb? I dunno. Bass could come up in volume just a hair? Maybe. Probably where you would gain the most bang-for-the-buck improvement is investing in better drums, maybe SD3 would kill on this.

I found your track extremely listenable, and I for one appreciated the different timbres popping up and taking over. Good compositional chops.

cheers,

-Tom

On 5/1/2019 at 9:35 PM, garybrun said:

Reminds me of a  modern "tubular bells"   must be the groove at the beginning.
Strings sounded a little tinny on my Focals...  but I think that was your intention?
I liked it.

Thanks for listening Gary. Haven't heard Tubular bells. Will check it out for interest. 😃

Well, kept the low end low on the strings to allow for the bass clarity.

On 5/2/2019 at 12:26 AM, Johnbee58 said:

Yes, I agree.  Tubular Bells sound, but much more interesting with much more detail and instrumentation.  TB gets boring after about the first minute because it's so repetitive.

Like this lots!

😀John B.

Thanks for your generous comments John. Glad you liked the track. 

On 5/2/2019 at 2:14 AM, bjornpdx said:

"Amalgam" seems to fit. Nice buildup at the beginning.  I really like the groove starting ~0:30. Might be too many different instruments IMO. Kind of wish the phrase that begins ~2:35 were developed more - you could make a new song out of that.
I like the song. Well done.

Thanks Bjorn. Glad you liked it. Good thought about the phrase. Will look at that. 

On 5/4/2019 at 10:25 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Mannheim Steamrollarian! This is a cool track, nice dynamics with the intro leading us in. Maybe the string lines have a bit much reverb? I dunno. Bass could come up in volume just a hair? Maybe. Probably where you would gain the most bang-for-the-buck improvement is investing in better drums, maybe SD3 would kill on this.

I found your track extremely listenable, and I for one appreciated the different timbres popping up and taking over. Good compositional chops.

cheers,

-Tom

Thanks for your valuable comments Tom. Glad you liked it. Oh yes, the drums could have been better. I do have SD3 but was experimenting with some patches from my MZ-X500. Maybe I should be processing them more to taste. 

On 5/5/2019 at 7:02 PM, Wookiee said:

Definitely hearing a repeating theme in the vein of Tubular Bells, I found the strings a little harsh and trill on the Adam's overall though a very listenable track, nice job sir. 

Thanks for listening and for your comments Wookiee. Will take note of the strings observation. Maybe some softener would help (Smoother maybe ?)

• 5 months later...