drum kit sounding over every MIDI instrument

ildike

I added SI drum kit to my project and everything seemed to be fine until suddenly I noticed that when I play a note on my MIDI keyboard, on another track (with a completely different instrument), I hear the drum kit sounds along with it. With any key. I tried muting and deleting the drum kit but nothing worked, now all my instruments have drums sounding over them, I can't hear them properly (except in the playback). What might be causing this :(

23 hours ago, ildike said:

I added SI drum kit to my project and everything seemed to be fine until suddenly I noticed that when I play a note on my MIDI keyboard, on another track (with a completely different instrument), I hear the drum kit sounds along with it. With any key. I tried muting and deleting the drum kit but nothing worked, now all my instruments have drums sounding over them, I can't hear them properly (except in the playback). What might be causing this :(

I had the same problem, the quick fix is to turn the Volume Control in the SI Drum VST all the way down, prolly want to note what the Volume was set at so you can set it back correctly as if you don't the level will be different from the one you had it set to on the original SI Drum track you recorded it on to.

A handful of diagnostic questions (just a few of many possible things to consider):  

• When playing on the keyboard (such as to record a new track), do you turn input/MIDI echo off on the previously recorded tracks?
  • Is the MIDI data on each track using a different MIDI channel?
  • Are the tracks pointed to different software synths?
  • Are any of the VSTs set to transmit midi data?
Edited by User 905133
to remove an unlikely possibility
  • Great Idea 1

On 10/12/2021 at 1:48 PM, Larry T. said:

I had the same problem, the quick fix is to turn the Volume Control in the SI Drum VST all the way down, prolly want to note what the Volume was set at so you can set it back correctly as if you don't the level will be different from the one you had it set to on the original SI Drum track you recorded it on to.

That's not a quick fix, its a poor bandaid.

The fix is to make sure that your input and output routings are correct and to pay attention to your input echo.

Edited by bdickens