Down Sugar?

Bapu

23 hours ago, Shane_B. said:

What I find ironic about it all is, the stones come from the place that sold them so who the hell are they to be looking down their noses at anyone. And why focus on what happened here well over 150 years ago? It happened to every race at one time or another and is still going on today. Why don't the people in power do something about that? A simple drone strike or two would end it in about 30 minutes. Maybe something a little larger than a drone perhaps. 

The only reason anyone talks about this now is because the U.S. is the richest and best place to live. And despite what some want the world to believe we're still the land of opportunity and being free. Just take a look at our southern border. Thousands a day literally dying to get in.

People want a slice of the pie without working for it now is what the real problem. We have a term for it that I'll get banned for so I'll refrain. All I'll say before this gets deleted is, most myth's/legends/stereotypes are based on some form of truth and peoples actions, not their appearance or accent.

And ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

I also find it funny that Africans sold other Africans to the English who brought them to the Americas to work as slaves.

Nobody ever blames the Africans for that, even though they are just as guilty. The Africans had been enslaving other Africans for eons, and found selling their slaves or their slave fodder (other tribes) to be as profitable as the English and Portuguese did.

It's a dark time in history, and there are plenty of dark times in history.

Rather than erase history, it's too bad we don't have the desire to learn from it.

And I've been to a lot of countries, currently the US is among one of the best countries to live in, but I wouldn't say THE best. There are pros and cons to a few top countries like Spain, France, Australia and a few others.

I think China is now richer than the USA, but I DEFINITELY would not want to live there. I've been to China and found the people to be very nice, but the government IMO is much, much worse than ours (and ours is getting worse all the time).

If we wanted to put an end of the people coming across the border, it would be easy. Make a law that if you find a business hiring an undocumented worker, unless that worker has bullet-proof forged papers, simply close the business - forever.  And inspect the businesses with unannounced 'raids'.

But the big corporations and their owners (who are the plutocracy in the US) actually WANT illegals to come across the border. Why? Cheap labor (even Trump who wanted the wall hires illegals at Mar-a-Lago and his hotels).

All the BS you hear on the news is just lip service to get you to think they don't want them here to steal your job at a lower pay. The plutocracy will have the government turn some immigrants back because they don't want too many to cross the border. It's supply and demand.

It's easy to figure this out, just follow the money.

And those who watch FOX and to the right or MSNBC or to the left are being manipulated by the time proven methods of fear and anger. They are just falling into the trap. A house divided cannot stand, and as long as we keep fighting instead of compromising, we can't fix the problem. And the plutocrats are laughing all the way to the bank as they exploit us.

So if the Stones don't want to play Brown Sugar because they are concerned about negative feedback, it's their choice. From a musical standpoint I think it's one of their better songs, but it's their show. I hope they don't drop Sympathy For The Devil.

But I understand, years ago we had requests for "Strokin'" and "Why Don't We Get Drunk And Screw", but we play at places where there are families present, we declined to learn either one.

"This could be the last time" because Jagger and Richards are the only two original members still in the band. When one of those gets too unhealthy to tour, it'll be over.

Damn, I'm getting old.

Notes ♫

3 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

"This could be the last time" because Jagger and Richards are the only two original members still in the band. When one of those gets too unhealthy to tour, it'll be over.

Damn, I'm getting old.

Music captured me when I was really young. I was in a band at 13 and played out for 16 years straight. All of the true country people I grew up listening to from the 50's are gone now and everyone from the 60's and 70's are dropping like flies.

There are only a handful of people left that represent the era I loved. The last man standing in my opinion is Marty Stewart. He started when he was 9 iirc. There's video of him on the Porter Wagoner show at 13 playing with Lester Flatt. Once Marty's gone then it's truly over. He's the last one keeping country music alive. He's the last one still playing live and recording that actually knew all these people and played with them. He's releasing a new album called Songs I Sing In The Dark for free on youtube. He's posting one song a month. So far it's excellent. Here's his latest track release.

There is no such thing as "cancel culture". It is right-wing propaganda to try and defend outdated and offensive views.

The real snowflakes aren't the people who call out the racists, and misogynists and homophobes but the people who have been called out.

It seems that in the western world that it is a bigger crime to accuse somebody of being a racist than any acts of racism in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Wibbles said:

. . . .  The real snowflakes aren't the people who . . . .

What is the snowflake generation?

The term "snowflake generation" was one of Collins English Dictionary's 2016 words of the year. Collins defines the term as "the young adults of the 2010s (born from 1980-1994), viewed as being less resilient and more prone to taking offence than previous generations".

Snowflakes?????   I can't keep up with all the buzz words and phrases that seem to be proliferating in the War of the Words!!!! 

23 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

Damn, I'm getting old.

I can relate.  In fact when I say things like this, my kids are quick to tell me, "You are already old!  

But seriously, these manufactured buzz words/phrases should not be taken for things (or people/groups) that exist in reality.  They are intentionally manufactured terms often designed to sell things quickly, efficiently, and uncritically to an unsuspecting populace.

Resist Labelling People!  Don't Buy Divisiveness!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if the U.S. is so bad then leave or don't come. In fact I highly recommend nobody come here. It's truly an awful place.

The Stone's ... does anyone really care if they ever hear a song by them ever again? A band who has only had a fist full of songs on the charts in their 60 year career? I respect their longevity, but they really aren't all that great. They were no Beatles by a long shot. They weren't even a Monkey. Maybe a Rutle?

• Like 1