Down Sugar?

Bapu

If you're worried about being cancelled after being on the road for 60 years and having hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank then maybe it is time to pack up the gear and stay home. I suppose Paul will have to stop doing Blackbird at his hoot-a-nanny's too. That's not a play on words. The song is actually about the civil rights movement.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Shane_B. said:

If you're worried about being cancelled after being on the road for 60 years and having hundreds of millions of dollars in the bank then maybe it is time to pack up the gear and stay home. I suppose Paul will have to stop doing Blackbird at his hoot-a-nanny's too. That's not a play on words. The song is actually about the civil rights movement.

But if Keith can't play live, how is he going to support himself for the next 100 years???! 😮

• Haha 1

Never really liked the Stones, but I did once see their tour trucks on the road although I didn't know what they were for at the time. Thanks to a very noisy AC unit in my FL motel room, I'd given up on the idea of sleep and decided to just sit outside instead. 52 trucks in close convoy along the freeway had me wondering what that was all about until the morning newspaper revealed that it was one of their three road crews en route to set up for a show in in Tampa. Apparently this was only one of the three road crews and sets of gear they had in rotation for that tour. At any time, one was set up for the next show, one was being being set up somewhere else for the next show and the one they had just used was being dismantled before moving on to the one after the next show.

8 hours ago, paulo said:

That's exactly the kind of unenlightened attitude that makes asking them to re-name their song "Honky Tonk Person of Unspecified Gender" seem unreasonable.

Oh, I'm enlightened baby, I've got enlightenment up the ying yang!

"Sympathy for the Unspecified Religious Icon".

• Haha 1

The studio version has a nice sax solo.

I see Brown Sugar as an anti-slavery song. But it's their choice.

What bothers me is the USA has become increasingly divided. FOX-MSNBC and stations farther right and left has done this using fear and anger to boost their popularity. Fear and anger are time tested manipulators.

A house divided cannot stand. We used to practice the art of compromise, and that's what made the USA great.

And while we are fighting among ourselves, the real rulers of the county, the plutocrats, are laughing all the way to the bank.

Insights and incites by Notes

50 minutes ago, Notes_Norton said:

I see Brown Sugar as an anti-slavery song. But it's their choice.

What I find ironic about it all is, the stones come from the place that sold them so who the hell are they to be looking down their noses at anyone. And why focus on what happened here well over 150 years ago? It happened to every race at one time or another and is still going on today. Why don't the people in power do something about that? A simple drone strike or two would end it in about 30 minutes. Maybe something a little larger than a drone perhaps. 

The only reason anyone talks about this now is because the U.S. is the richest and best place to live. And despite what some want the world to believe we're still the land of opportunity and being free. Just take a look at our southern border. Thousands a day literally dying to get in.

People want a slice of the pie without working for it now is what the real problem. We have a term for it that I'll get banned for so I'll refrain. All I'll say before this gets deleted is, most myth's/legends/stereotypes are based on some form of truth and peoples actions, not their appearance or accent.

And ... 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

. . . cancel culture is gonna . . .

"Cancel Culture Club"  -  sounds like a great name for a group that does contemporary political commentary pop!   :P  AKA "The Culture."

"Hey Hey We're The Culture.  People say we belong to a Cult.  Why don't you come and join us, Then you won't be such a Dolt."  [sung to the tune of "The Donkees:" "Hey, Hey, We're The Donkees.  We're known by another name. People call us Asses, It all means the same." ] 😛 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

WARNING/GUARANTEE:  The above is intentionally APOLITICAL; it's called SATIRE. The intention is to poke fun at the whole idea of so-called "Cancel Culture" which is a more of a convenient, contrived political fiction than something that exists.  People from different political PERSUASIONS talk about "Cancel Culture" as if IT EXISTS.  Counter-Advertisement: Don't buy that "Cancel Culture" Crap!  :P   

Seriously: The above doesn't take any partisan political stand.  It is not racist, sexist, ageist, ______ist. At most it is biased against the uncritical adoption of CATCH PHRASES which THE MEDIA foists upon an UNSUSPECTING POPULACE to promulgate  divisiveness.

Just trying to stop THE SLIME here!  😉 

Thanks, Media!  :P 

Edited by User 905133
to get rid of a duplicated word ("group")

This is the same mentality that removes a  music video from YouTube for 2 seconds of a rather unpopular German political figure from the 1930s and 40s even though it is abundantly clear to anyone with three functioning brain cells that neither the individual nor his poisonous ideas are supported but instead are being equated with other assorted unpleasantness.

• Like 1