Jazzy bass plugin wanted

Okay, got the right sound for the bass, thanks all. Can I be a bit cheeky and now ask what is out there for a decent sax sound? I didn't ask earlier because I only just thought it might be a good thing to accompany the bass! If I was a bit pretentious I'd say it was the creative process, but maybe I better not push my luck!

16 minutes ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

Okay, got the right sound for the bass, thanks all. Can I be a bit cheeky and now ask what is out there for a decent sax sound? I didn't ask earlier because I only just thought it might be a good thing to accompany the bass! If I was a bit pretentious I'd say it was the creative process, but maybe I better not push my luck!

Sax is a trickier instrument to pull off than bass. There's a few decent ones available but they can still sound phony to my ears (a lot has to do in understanding the sax, how it's played, it's limitations & nuances)

A bit pricey depending on your budget but I'll throw this one out there for you to check out anyway.

https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/collections/duplex-saxophones

If you can't find one you're happy with try substituting a synth instead. The end results might sound more realistic.

Edited by hsm

These sound great. Trouble is... pricey! I dont mean not worth it, I just mean for a totally unknown song writer its a lot of cash for one song. That comes across as a bit mean to be honest, but its not the same as say drums or guitar, these are essential  on all of my tracks, sax for this song, its a one off. I'll have a ponder. The Juno Alto sax is okay ish and free ( obvs) but not really in the same league as the ones you can buy.

The Kontakt Factory Selection that ships with the full edition of Kontakt has:

Alto Sax

Tenor Sax

Baritone Sax

Sax Section

Yes, pricey for one song, but you could possibly find uses for some the bundled instruments in other songs without needing to buy extras.

The factory library link is here. The PDF gives a detailed description of everything included. https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-6/downloads/

The hugely popular KONTAKT Factory library contains over 43GB of meticulously recorded samples, divided into seven categories, representing over 1,000 individual instruments. It spans everything from deep-sampled symphony instruments and world music sources to vintage drum machines and classic analog synths.

4 hours ago, RICHARD HUTCHINS said:

These sound great. Trouble is... pricey! I dont mean not worth it, I just mean for a totally unknown song writer its a lot of cash for one song. That comes across as a bit mean to be honest, but its not the same as say drums or guitar, these are essential  on all of my tracks, sax for this song, its a one off. I'll have a ponder. The Juno Alto sax is okay ish and free ( obvs) but not really in the same league as the ones you can buy.

Click the Instruments link on the menu, you can buy them a la cart if you don't want the entire package.. there might be a BF sale coming up too..

https://www.orchestraltools.com/store/collections/duplex-saxophones

Edited by hsm