Wave V13 is now available

fret_man

23 hours ago, dee said:

best time to update (biggest sales)  of some waves plugins from older versions?

They have sales on the WUP plan throughout the year. IDK when they happen. But when Waves do have the sales, go to your account and get the upgrade price. Then you will see an option to purchase from a dealer/third party. They will give you a code that you need to take to Koby over at everyplugin.com He has the best prices for Waves updates.

You can go to everyplugin.com and they have a link if your looking for Waves Update Plan. Click that and send Koby a message telling him what you want to do. He may ask for your Waves account info so he can look into what you already have, giving you the best option. He has helped me and others get good deals on our Waves plugins. I trust him.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Just saying about waveshell. It must be a good practice because Studio One uses it too lol!

Why don’t I hear complaints about the Studio One shell?

That's true, it is the same sxxx ! If all plugin vendors used such stupid shells, then the plugin scanning would be minimum 10 times slower! I saw the impact of the Presonus shell on my laptop where I tested some of their plugins. Plugin scanning got sooooo slow just with one shell and it's happening always, even if you do not add/change some of their plugins. This alone is a reason not to use plugins with shells!

The other thing is that plugin organisation has a lot of issues with shells!

12 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Just saying about waveshell. It must be a good practice because Studio One uses it too lol!

Why don’t I hear complaints about the Studio One shell?

Oh, I don't know. Maybe because Studio One plugins are not widely used outside the Studio One environment? Maybe because Studio One plugins are still at version 1? Maybe because there aren't V9, V10, V11, V12, and V13 Studio One shell files and the VSTs don't move from one shell file to another when they are upgraded? 

• Like 1