IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Your best product purchases

Max Arwood

I'm not going to say Sunset Sound Reverb was the best thing I got out of the group buy, but I might say it is the one that perhpas exceeded my expectations the most.

I was skeptical given all the other reverbs I have.  I'm not suggesting it sounds "better" but setting it up as say adding some reverb to an amp plugin (AT5 or otherwise) has a very autehntic way of sounding integrated into the original sound to add the verb.  It is certainly more limited in tweakability to other (if not most verbs I use) but it does sound quite nice and so far, is easy to get pleasing results out of quickly on a few things I tried.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I'm not going to say Sunset Sound Reverb was the best thing I got out of the group buy, but I might say it is the one that perhpas exceeded my expectations the most.

I was skeptical given all the other reverbs I have.  I'm not suggesting it sounds "better" but setting it up as say adding some reverb to an amp plugin (AT5 or otherwise) has a very autehntic way of sounding integrated into the original sound to add the verb.  It is certainly more limited in tweakability to other (if not most verbs I use) but it does sound quite nice and so far, is easy to get pleasing results out of quickly on a few things I tried.

I think that is because Sunset is using impulse responses of the actual rooms in the studio. So your sound should reflect like you are actually in the "room".

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 11:52 AM, Vernon Barnes said:

How useful are those lower cost "genre specific" Sampletank libraries if you are not aiming at making that style of music? Are there a lot of good sounds that could be used in a different context?

I can't recall if you were the fellow that asked about the older libraries. You might want to check this one out if you dont have it. Based on the pictures, I thought it was a house music loop library.  It turns out its more rock and pop drum library.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnITuBs7Jh4