IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Your best product purchases

Max Arwood

IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy - Your best product purchase

Leslie - the best on the market hands down

Sunset reverb - I have a ton, but this one is enough different to make it a great purchase

ARC 3 - It's good.  I never got sonarworks SoundID to access my ASIO sound card (yes my card is really old)

Amplitube 5 - from SE - nice add ins. I got a couple of collection separately - no favorites all are good.

Hammond B-X3 - I have NI so now I have a choice

Cinekinetik - it has Malatension and Malatopia  inside and are both nice

Orchestral Percussion - the giant bass drum is awesome

Cinematic Percussion - a couple of extra instruments not found in other libraries

T-RackS 5 Space Delay - I use to have the hardware - so it is fun to play with and sound good

In order of best 1st - I don't know how to do a poll or (spreadsheet-not that anyone her is good doing that LOL!) or something to find out what is rated the highest. It might help us all with our final free choices

• Like 1

First, completing the T-RackS and Amplitube collections are a solid choice, including the Sunset reverb, and the Lurssen Mastering console. And those tape machines and Sat-X!

Then some SampleTank libraries such as Electromagnetik, and Cinekinetik, are some solid ones, followed by the Art Deco Piano and Clavitubes! Very nice!

The Orchestral and Cinematic Percussion may be of some interest too...

And without question, the Hammond B-3X, MODO Bass, and MODO Drum, if you are in a higher GB tier!

Edited by abacab
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, abacab said:

First, completing the T-RackS and Amplitube collections are a solid choice, including the Sunset reverb, and the Lurssen Mastering console. And those tape machines and Sat-X!

Then some SampleTank libraries such as Electromagnetik, and Cinekinetik, are some solid ones, followed by the Art Deco Piano and Clavitubes! Very nice!

The Orchestral and Cinematic Percussion may be of some interest too...

And without question, the Hammond B-3X, MODO Bass, and MODO Drum, if you are in a higher GB tier!

I agree!  I'm still thinking about Modo Drum. Not sure what it would bring to the table since I have SD3 and EzDrumer2.  Do you have any toontracks drums? If so what would Modo Drum bring to the table?

46 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

what would Modo Drum bring to the table?

More options... if you have an extra freebie slot, it's a no-brainer. If not, I might pass. I also have EZD2 and AD2.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

43 minutes ago, Max Arwood said:

I agree!  I'm still thinking about Modo Drum. Not sure what it would bring to the table since I have SD3 and EzDrumer2.  Do you have any toontracks drums? If so what would Modo Drum bring to the table?

If you have a spare slot, by all means go for MODO Drum as it does sound quite nice. Just be aware that while the drums are modelled:

• the cymbals are sampled so there is still a disk footprint.
  • you have a little control over how they are played and the tips of your sticks. However, unlike Pianoteq which is a modelled piano with an engine capable of rendering sounds from electric pianos to steel drums to glockenspiels, MODO drum does not offer anything other than sticks - no mallets, no brushes (yet?).
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 3

I picked up the MODO drum as one of my freebies. The MODO Drums impressed me quite a lot. I didn't get a chance to spend much time with it, but from the little that I hear and tried out.. its really good sounding. Large download though. I believe it's because of the sampled cymbals I read somewhere.

The Hammond I am not clicking with. But the Sampletron really has great sounds for the stuff I like  to do.

My top list so far:

- Sunset Sound Reverb

- T-Rex Replica 

- Believe it or not. The Jimi Hendrix collection. I don't know why. I thought it would be a little gimmicky. But those vintage amps in AT 5 sounds totally up my alley. An unexpected surprise. I am a big Cooder fan.. so to me, the American Vintage B and D are totally my thing. 

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

Best purchases for me were two of the ones that got me into the GB to begin with: Mixbox and ARC w/hardware.  MB gives you lots of presets which is a must for me.  So many tonal variations but be careful as the rabbit hole is there.  I’ll get to using ARC this weekend but it’s been on my Christmas list for ages!   As for the freebies, the jury is still out but projects I’ve slapped Lurssen on gave a pleasant alternative to Ozone.  A bit warmer and less tweaking than Izotope which can be a good thing.  Its a little resource-heavy.  I’m just getting into MODO Drums. It’s an option among others I use which is nice, but It’s lack of MIDI grooves kind of knee caps it for me right now.  I LOVE Shipwreck Piano, though.  And Sampletron—that wasn’t even on my radar but it’s awesome!!

• Like 2

I brought Cinekinetik as one of my buy ins and Yes Shipwreck Pianos are great IMHO.  Of course I like to mess around with those type of piano sounds as others love guitar sounds.  So as a freebie what the heck grab at least the Shipwreck one out of the Cinekinetick bundle.

Trust us, you're going to like it :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

It’s not just a “gimmick” kind of thing? ( serious question, I’ll have a handful of “what do I pick now “ kind of picks)

t

I would say the content in Shipwreck Piano, and the other titles in the Cinekinetik collection [Shipwreck Piano, Fractured Piano, Malletopia, Malletension], are processed for use as ambient cinematic sounds. Described as unorthodox, atmospheric, & otherworldly. They offer some interesting alternatives to "straight" pianos and mallets! Very cool if you are into that type of sound!

However, the Electromagnetik library is a great electric stage piano collection [Electric Grand C70P, Stage 73 Mark V, Wurly Model 120, Electric Piano Bass (the Rhodes that the Door's keyboardist used for bass)].

And Clavitube is probably the best sampled Clavinet that I have ever heard!

Edit: I should have also mentioned the Art Deco Piano. :)

Sampled at 8 velocities.

Art Deco Piano, an audiophile-grade SampleTank instrument collection that includes over 1GB of content with more than 600 sonically rich stereo samples.

Art Deco Piano is a faithful recreation of a classic 1930’s Blüthner® PH Grand Piano. This is one of the most sonically and visually striking pianos ever made. Its iconic swooping and curvy design comes courtesy of Danish designer Poul Henningsen.
Made without a traditional wood cabinet, its build of metal, leather and other materials offers a bright and modern sound that we captured with a matched pair of Neumann TLM-170R condenser microphones running into top-quality studio preamps.

Bluthner Art Deco Piano.jpg

Edited by abacab
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

It’s not just a “gimmick” kind of thing? ( serious question, I’ll have a handful of “what do I pick now “ kind of picks)

t

I think its excellent.  I would say its probably the best of my group buy purchases, its not your everyday piano for sure but its got real character an will find many uses.  Malletopia stands out too.  I was pleasantly surprised by the Imperial Grand, its very good for its small disc footprint,

The space echo is the standout amongst the FX.

I went in at the $99 level as I already had a fair bit. I think the best overall product is the Hammond which I already had.

Edited by Vernon Barnes
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Bapu said:

Best buy was the two entries ($49 & $99) I made that allowed me to finally own everything except the 4 X-Gear Software Pedals.

How useful are those lower cost "genre specific" Sampletank libraries if you are not aiming at making that style of music? Are there a lot of good sounds that could be used in a different context?

Edited by Vernon Barnes

1 hour ago, Bapu said:

Best buy was the two entries ($49 & $99) I made that allowed me to finally own everything except the 4 X-Gear Software Pedals.

Same here except I got the $49 ST libraries.   I have everything except those pedals and the Mellotron.  When I go through my available $49 promos half of the stuff I have no clue what they are until I load AT5.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

How useful are those lower cost "genre specific" Sampletank libraries if you are not aiming at making that style of music? Are there a lot of good sounds that could be used in a different context?

I don't personally have much use for the Electronica series, which are loops only, although Nanotube, NRG, and Power Up come with kit samples as well as audio loops.

Not so much against the genres represented here, but I find audio loops cumbersome to work with. I much prefer MIDI loops!

London Grooves and LA Confidential are loops.

The Hitmaker series are genre specific, but are actually playable sampled instruments.

Most of the drum kits and percussion are good. For example, Neil Peart comes with playable drum kit samples, as well as acoustic drum grooves (audio loops) played by Neil.

For me it was probably the Comprexxor, as I realized it shortly after IK released it that if I master it then it could be the one compressor to rule them all. But also ARC, and Sampletron since I didn't have any 'tron' instrument and this one comes with much more than just the core sound. Besides this, I could complete my T-racks, Amplitube and Sampletank collections altogether thanks to this group buy. It's a deal of the decade for me :) 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, abacab said:

I would say the content in Shipwreck Piano, and the other titles in the Cinekinetik collection [Shipwreck Piano, Fractured Piano, Malletopia, Malletension], are processed for use as ambient cinematic sounds. Described as unorthodox, atmospheric, & otherworldly. They offer some interesting alternatives to "straight" pianos and mallets! Very cool if you are into that type of sound!

However, the Electromagnetik library is a great electric stage piano collection [Electric Grand C70P, Stage 73 Mark V, Wurly Model 120, Electric Piano Bass (the Rhodes that the Door's keyboardist used for bass)].

And Clavitube is probably the best sampled Clavinet that I have ever heard!

Edit: I should have also mentioned the Art Deco Piano. :)

Sampled at 8 velocities.

Bluthner Art Deco Piano.jpg

I love this line " faithful recreation of a classic 1930’s Blüthne"  nice wording.  Wow I just saw they used a Neumann TLM-170R.  I just saw Walmart has the best price on these!   No joke!  I know they are out sourced  by someone  but I couldn't even it was listed there!!!

6 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

Wow I just saw they used a Neumann TLM-170R.  I just saw Walmart has the best price on these!   No joke!  I know they are out sourced  by someone  but I couldn't even it was listed there!!!

Walmart? WTF? Sweetwater is selling them for $3,195 each!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I would say I was very happy when IK decided to include The X - Series as promotional products ....I feel very lucky and I used my last 4 slots to swing those ...

I picked all of my available freebies before they added the X-Series stuff. I will only be able to pick three of them. The big question is which one to pass on. I keep going back and forth between Space and Vibe. Any suggestions?