Friday Free For All | Bioscape | The FREE Orchestra | hammer and felt

Simeon Amburgey

Great shout out for Luftrum!

I discovered Luftrum a few years back when I picked up iZotope's synth Iris 2 on sale. So then I started looking around for 3rd party libraries and stumbled across the Luftrum 10 soundbank for Iris. Further intrigued by this acquisition for Iris, I picked up his 1GB field recording sample library (Iris is a sample player engine with 4 sample slots and spectral filtering. etc.) for some roll your own fun. If you make a contribution to Luftrum, you will receive an unlimited license to use them anywhere, as well as a zip file of the sample collection.

The field recordings in the playlist to the right are free to download, as individual files directly from the playlist. They are a mix of 16Bit and 24Bit wav files containing a broad range of various recordings from ocean waves to forest sounds, birds, gardenscapes, airport atmospheres, binaural recordings (make sure to listen with headphones for full effect!) and experiments with hydrophones, coil pickups and contact mics such as the rumble of a windmill, the circuit board of an iPhone and the footsteps of ants on a contact mic.

Since then, I have also acquired his soundbanks for u-he Repro and Arturia Pigments 3.  And thanks to you for pointing out the latest sale, I now have Bioscape!

This old video demo of his Luftrum 10 soundbank for Iris shows off Luftrum's special skills in sound design for atmospheres and soundscapes! :)

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1