IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

2 hours ago, cclarry said:

Correct...

Transfer fee is $19.99 and you have to buy a Transfer "Credit" in the Credits section.  This will allow you to transfer
any ONE license that is transferable.  Be mindful that "Transfers" have a limited number, and sometimes you'll get the
Message "Transfer Limit has been reached", in which case you'll have to contact support to have the limit reset.

T.here are still a few variations on this that make me a bit uneasy before proceeding, since Peter has been a bit quiet when they have been raised. They are as follows:

1. If I have, let's say T-Racks 5, showing a Transfer button, the dropdown Promotion menu shows I can select not T-Racks 5, but the T-Racks 5 crossgrade. Does this mean I can sell my first license and activate the crossgrade, so long as I maintain in my account a non-freebie with at least a $99 value?

2. Lets say I participated in a Group Buy 5 years ago for which product X was the qualifying product, and now shows a red Transfer button. If I select a duplicate of product X as a freebie and sell the original license, do I lose the freebies that came with the Group Buy 5 years ago?

3. There are a number of situations  similar to 2, but where the original purchase was not a Group Buy, but rather some type of combination, upgrade or other special deal, the question being whether selling the original license undoes any of the benefits of the original purchase.

1 minute ago, LAGinz said:

T.here are still a few variations on this that make me a bit uneasy before proceeding, since Peter has been a bit quiet when they have been raised. They are as follows:

1. If I have, let's say T-Racks 5, showing a Transfer button, the dropdown Promotion menu shows I can select not T-Racks 5, but the T-Racks 5 crossgrade. Does this mean I can sell my first license and activate the crossgrade, so long as I maintain in my account a non-freebie with at least a $99 value?

2. Lets say I participated in a Group Buy 5 years ago for which product X was the qualifying product, and now shows a red Transfer button. If I select a duplicate of product X as a freebie and sell the original license, do I lose the freebies that came with the Group Buy 5 years ago?

3. There are a number of situations  similar to 2, but where the original purchase was not a Group Buy, but rather some type of combination, upgrade or other special deal, the question being whether selling the original license undoes any of the benefits of the original purchase.

1.  YES
2, YES you can sell it - NO you do not lose the freebies
3. YES - ANY Paid product can be transferred - only products purchased with Gear Credits, or Freebies are NFR

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RSMcGuitar said:

Anyone know the price for Tracks Crossgrade? Doesn't show up for me as an option.

Is Tracks the same as T-RackS 5 or something different?  If its the same, I see 3 T-RackS 5 qualifying options.  one at the $300 level and two at the $150 level.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, User 905133 said:

Is Tracks the same as T-RackS 5 or something different?  If its the same, I see 3 T-RackS 5 qualifying options.  one at the $300 level and two at the $150 level.

has been asked many times. Tracks 5 Se, Tracks 5, Tracks Deluxe all have different components. check the gear tab. Some of the IK Own modules overlap. Also, Deluxe does not contain all of the Tracks moduels and many of the best stuff is missing from Deluxe.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5se/index.php?p=gear

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5/index.php?p=gear

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/tr5deluxe/index.php?p=gear

, FWIW.. if you are in the $150 tier. Tracks SE has the better modules as it contains the more useful vintage emulations .

• Thanks 2

@User 905133
“Deluxe” was the best option for me. But as “tele” said it will vary depending on what you already own. With 24 freebies the few I used for TRackS was freebs well spent. Same with Amp5. I had some gear credits I used instead of freebs, seemed foolish to drop a $150 freeb on a 10 or 15 GC item. 
YMMV...

t

Edited by DeeringAmps

I have 3 products left that I can pick, but at least 10 that I could choose from.

But I feel crippled in my ability to do so after Larry's warning not to make selections till the very end....eventhough Peter indicated no new additions are planned...

Also using a $200 tier selection on a $25 or less item is giving me anxiety.  😂

🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

I have 3 products left that I can pick, but at least 10 that I could choose from.

But I feel crippled in my ability to do so after Larry's warning not to make selections till the very end....eventhough Peter indicated no new additions are planned...

Also using a $200 tier selection on a $25 or less item is giving me anxiety.  😂

🙃

Basically it IS the end.  We've reached the goal, so now you can pick what you want.
I wasn't referring to "the very end" just to the end of the offerings, which ended when
we reached 25,000, so feel free to pick away!

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

19 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Yes, and me, being a virtual rookie at the IK GB and missing out somehow Lars' sage advice, now have 3 picks remaining, and 4 X-Gear Pedals and 4 Tapes to decide between.  🤔

Edited by mibby