IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

16 hours ago, Grem said:

I chose the four Hitmaker series  libs. D/L and installed through IKPM. So why are they showing as locked on ST4?

All four of them are showing as registered in my account on my Product page.

But yet I have to start the Custom shop to get them to play in ST4?

This don't make sense.

Why use IKPM? Because it sees/knows what I products I have registered in my account and will d/l the needed files and install them!! But it can't authorize them? 

Again.. this doesn't make any sense.

Right, it doesn't make sense, but I seem to recall having to drop a few serial numbers into the IK Authorization Manager. Don't recall exactly which ones, as it's been a while...

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, abacab said:

Right, it doesn't make sense, but I seem to recall having to drop a few serial numbers into the IK Authorization Manager. Don't recall exactly which ones, as it's been a while...

I definitely had to do the same, mostly (I think) for some or all of the older SampleTank libs.

One odd detail, in case it helps anyone diagnose the issue: after registering in Program Manager and downloading, the libs in question were locked in ST4. But IK had unlocked ST3 for me earlier (so I could import a legacy library a while back), and the same libs worked fine in ST3. But until I ran the serials through Auth Manager, I got no love for them from ST4.

• Like 2

On 11/1/2021 at 11:12 PM, filo said:

So I suppose something is wrong between Reaper, my embedded graphics Intel HD 4600 and Win 10. 

On 11/2/2021 at 11:08 PM, Grem said:

I am starting to question my decision to go with my first non gpu dedicated PC. I get the same thing sometimes. Open  a few plugin windows and it get stutter, playback problems.

I have tested the cheapest MSI GT 710 PCI-e card and ... hooray ... all crackles are gone even with fullscreen AT5 edit window!   What a pleasure to play and enjoying to see rotating leslie cab ;)

Edited by filo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, filo said:

I have tested the cheapest MSI GT 710 PCI-e card and ... hooray ... all crackles are gone even with fullscreen AT5 edit window!   What a pleasure to play and enjoying to see rotating leslie cab ;)

Wow! Very interesting. From what I gather the 710 is not much higher in power than the Intel HD 4600. This means that the internal Intel is some kind of bottleneck. A similar powered graphic card removes that bottleneck and frees the CPU for audio. Nice!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Guyz , am. The only one that finds the xdrive just ok versus x space , s vibe ...

I only had 3 picks and passed on the X-Drive after demoing all 4 of them.

I sure wish the Amplitude FX could be used outside the Amplitude ecosystem! IMHO IK is missing out on additional sales be tying their FX (and us) exclusively to their ecosystem. I mean, it sounds pretty damn good, but I have other FX I like using too and would love to be able to combine them without having to fire up the whole Amplitude interface.

Edited by mibby
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 2

9 hours ago, mibby said:

I sure wish the Amplitude FX could be used outside the Amplitude ecosystem! IMHO IK is missing out on additional sales be tying their FX (and us) exclusively to their ecosystem. I mean, it sounds pretty damn good, but I have other FX I like using too and would love to be able to combine them without having to fire up the whole Amplitude interface.

Exact that was my first thought ...basically each X pedal is a compilation of all the fx we have in amplitube , so being able to fire it before let's say another amp sim or just using it as fx (xspace and vibe definitly in that scenario) could bring the experience to the next level .

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mibby said:

If they would just add the X-pedal emulations as T-RackS modules, then wish granted! You can run the T-RackS processors as individual plugins... :)

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2