IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

2 hours ago, Grem said:

I am starting to question my decision to go with my first non gpu dedicated PC. I get the same thing sometimes. Open  a few plugin windows and it get stutter, playback problems.

Does it improve any if you close the plugin windows during playback? I have noticed that I have a few plugins that perform better in "headless" mode, i.e., no eye candy.

I found a good deal on an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 [Over 50 percent faster than GTX 1050] after I built my new PC last year. Intel HD Graphics performed well, but the dedicated GPU seems to give an edge with graphics heavy performance. Can't believe the prices on that GPU today! SMH! I got it last year for $161, with tax and free shipping. https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1650-review/

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2021 at 2:09 PM, Steve Patrick said:

I was going to get a second MixBox license for the voiceover suite but I'm not able to select it as another freebie.  My mouse won't go to it...even the up down keys don't work...it looks like I can't pick anything I already own...is this correct???

On 10/27/2021 at 2:19 PM, cclarry said:

Correct...sort of.  Things that come "in a bundle" i.e. TS 3 Max, if you don't already own "individuals", the individual
products will still show up as available, but anything that you bought, or got free in another promotion or group by, you can't pick again

Actually, I noticed a change since last week.  For things I paid cash for previously, last week I had the option of selecting them in my promotions list (such as MixBox and some others). Like @Steve PatrickI had also been thinking of picking up some extra licenses.  

However, those options are no longer possible.  

Lesson: Wait, but not too long!!!

9 hours ago, Grem said:

I am starting to question my decision to go with my first non gpu dedicated PC. I get the same thing sometimes.

I have found 2 interesting topics yesterday and now I'm pretty sure the Intel HD4600 is a weak point:

I uninstalled HD4600 Drivers, plugged in GT610 PCIe. Installed it's latest drivers, booted. Crackles seems to be gone. I can run Live and Reaper with 32 samples without crackles, with the same projects that earlier crackled with 256 samples. I did not re-install windows.

https://gearspace.com/board/music-computers/870368-audio-crackling-new-haswell-i7-build.html

I connected my RME UFX via USB3 port to a Lenovo T540p (i5-4300M with Intel HD Graphics 4600) and wondered that I got audio drops by simply scrolling up and down in a Firefox window (recording.de Forum overview page).
As soon as Firefox has been displayed using the NVIDIA card all the problems were gone. When scrolling up and down the same webpage I did not get any noticably CPU spikes anymore (only up to 17%)  and I can use 48 samples as ASIO buffersize without any problem!!!

https://www.forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=20296

So I'm going to try/buy cheap passive Nvidia GT 710 (TDP 19W only) for my Dell 9020 SFF and we will see ...

Edited by filo

5 hours ago, filo said:

So I'm going to try/buy cheap passive Nvidia GT 710 (TDP 19W only) for my Dell 9020 SFF and we will see ...

I bought a cheap GT 710 for $38 some 5 years ago. Ended up returning it, as it performed only slightly better than Intel HD, although having Nvidia drivers would workaround any issues with the Intel drivers. Probably OK for 2D only.

Replaced that with a GTX 950 for $135. The GTX series is much stronger, and definitely required for decent 3D rendering

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann said:

The interesting question is: if you sell and transfer something that you purchased individually in the past and is now an unselectable option, will the selection get unlocked or stay locked?

I transferred B-3X and Miroslav Philharmonik 2. Afterwards I could chose those, before I transferred the dropdown skipped over them. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/1/2021 at 4:17 PM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

We'll definitely be reminding people that they should register that hardware as soon as they receive it!  Also, hopefully some people realize that they technically could still purchase qualifying hardware in an actual store (like the Guitar Center opening in my backyard - Savannah, GA - this week) if they want to squeak in.

7 day grace Period on IK?

Does this mean, one could buy something today at the IK-Store, and when it's hardware and gets delivered from IK next tuesday or so, it is still possible to register it on tuesday and get the 25 free stuff? Or does this only work for buying in an actual store, if someone wants to squeak in?

Just asking for a friend...

23 minutes ago, OdieSchnitzel said:

7 day grace Period on IK?

Does this mean, one could buy something today at the IK-Store, and when it's hardware and gets delivered from IK next tuesday or so, it is still possible to register it on tuesday and get the 25 free stuff? Or does this only work for buying in an actual store, if someone wants to squeak in?

Just asking for a friend...

Yes, we have the grace period noted on the group buy page too but you can buy from us and still get in on it when you receive your qualifying hardware.  IK Support will take care of you at that time.

So yes, squeak on in!  Software too :)

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

I transferred B-3X and Miroslav Philharmonik 2. Afterwards I could chose those, before I transferred the dropdown skipped over them. 

Interesting.  I don't trust IK not to change that based on what they already changed during the promotion. 

Example 1: I paid for MixBox and previously I had that as a selectable promotional option. Now it is skipped so I cannot get a second license.

Example 2: I have one Syntronik that I previously paid for and one that came with TS2MAX.  I then paid for the Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade.  I can no longer select the Deluxe Upgrade as a promotional item.

Not saying that I would have done the get-a-freebie-and-transfer-the-paid-version thing, but it seems to me that in plugging up that loophole, IK took away from me the option to get second licenses.  They reserved the right to change the rules at any time and after reading this thread they might decide to plug up that loophole, too.

Edited by User 905133
added a missing word ("thing")

@User 905133 - What "loophole" was plugged?  You cannot choose something you already have, that's been the way since the start.  If you have something as part of a bundle, you can choose that because those are not and have not been considered duplicates (only specific purchases of said product count as duplicates) from the beginning.  What you are replying to is also not a loophole in any way, nor has it changed.

The only things that have changed were additional products being added as entry points or free choices.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

Interesting.  I don't trust IK not to change that based on what they already changed during the promotion. 

Example 1: I paid for MixBox and previously I had that as a selectable promotional option. Now it is skipped so I cannot get a second license.

Example 2: I have one Syntronik that I previously paid for and one that came with TS2MAX.  I then paid for the Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade.  I can no longer select the Deluxe Upgrade as a promotional item.

Not saying that I would have done the get-a-freebie-and-transfer-the-paid-version thing, but it seems to me that in plugging up that loophole, IK took away from me the option to get second licenses.  They reserved the right to change the rules at any time and after reading this thread they might decide to plug up that loophole too.

Pretty sure this was the way it has been from the beginning of the group buy. You could not select something you had previously purchased. There were exceptions, for example, you could select an item you already owned if the item was obtained as part of a bundle. So no rules were changed or holes plugged as far as I am aware. When did you buy MixBox?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

@User 905133 - What "loophole" was plugged?  You cannot choose something you already have, that's been the way since the start.  If you have something as part of a bundle, you can choose that because those are not and have not been considered duplicates (only specific purchases of said product count as duplicates) from the beginning.  What you are replying to is also not a loophole in any way, nor has it changed.

The only things that have changed were additional products being added as entry points or free choices.

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Pretty sure this was the way it has been from the beginning of the group buy. You could not select something you had previously purchased. There were exceptions, for example, you could select an item you already owned if the item was obtained as part of a bundle. So no rules were changed or holes plugged as far as I am aware. When did you buy MixBox?

Unfortunately, I don't have a time machine to retrace my steps to verify that I previously had the option to select  MixBox and/or the Syntronik Deluxe Upgrade. 

I seem to remember reading in the forum during the promotion about how to find which products can be transferred, looking them up in My Products, and testing that to see if I could indeed select them as promotions.  

That being said, I have the Lurssen Mastering Console as part of a bundle and cannot select  it as a promotion. On the other hand I also have MODO BASS as part of a bundle and the MODO BASS Crossgrade is listed and is indeed selectable as a promotion.  Also, Miroslav Philharmonic 2 CE is listed as is selectable, but I already have Miroslav Philharmonic 2 [Full] which I obtained as part of a bundle.

UPDATE:  I think I figured out why LMC is not selectable even though I got it originally as part of a bundle, but will have to get out all my notes from my GB25 purchases/selections.  LMC might have been part of a late promotional selection and is now excluded on that basis.  Not 100% sure. 

Even with lists, tables, and spreadsheets it was cumbersome trying to figure out what gear/plug-ins/modules I already had because some things I thought I had as part of a bundle were showing up as not owned.  Seeing webpages and product lists that led me to believe I didn't own licenses  that I did have prompted me to get promotional "freebies" that included many items I already had.  So it is entirely possible that LMC was selectable at one point and then >>maybe<< I got something that included it and that's what caused it to be non-selectable.

UPDATE # 2: @Doug RintoulIt looks like I purchased MixBox on or around May 15th, authorized it on one computer on August 11th, and another computer on October 10th.  Not sure that the dates would make a different; just giving you the dates since you asked. It was not purchased as part of a bundle. 

So does that mean I can offer it for sale to someone and if I find a purchaser, I can transfer it and then I will be able to select it as a promotional "freebie" before the end of October and use the money from the sale for a Black Friday special somewhere?   

Hmmmm.  Maybe having 12 mostly unusable (2 usable, 10 unusable) promotional slots left might work out!

Edited by User 905133
(2) to add an update (1) to make a correction

4 hours ago, User 905133 said:

UPDATE # 2: @Doug RintoulIt looks like I purchased MixBox on or around May 15th, authorized it on one computer on August 11th, and another computer on October 10th.  Not sure that the dates would make a different; just giving you the dates since you asked. It was not purchased as part of a bundle. 

So does that mean I can offer it for sale to someone and if I find a purchaser, I can transfer it and then I will be able to select it as a promotional "freebie" before the end of October and use the money from the sale for a Black Friday special somewhere?   

Since you purchased it before the GB (does not matter when you authorized it), I would not expect it to be selectable until you transferred it out of your account. So the answer to your question is yes.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 1

I chose the four Hitmaker series  libs. D/L and installed through IKPM. So why are they showing as locked on ST4?

All four of them are showing as registered in my account on my Product page.

But yet I have to start the Custom shop to get them to play in ST4?

This don't make sense.

Why use IKPM? Because it sees/knows what I products I have registered in my account and will d/l the needed files and install them!! But it can't authorize them? 

Again.. this doesn't make any sense.

8 hours ago, Grem said:

I chose the four Hitmaker series  libs. D/L and installed through IKPM. So why are they showing as locked on ST4?

All four of them are showing as registered in my account on my Product page.

But yet I have to start the Custom shop to get them to play in ST4?

This don't make sense.

Why use IKPM? Because it sees/knows what I products I have registered in my account and will d/l the needed files and install them!! But it can't authorize them? 

Again.. this doesn't make any sense.

FWIW, I had several previous Libs that showed locked in ST4 after installing GB purchases including the Hitmaker series.  I just reinstalled them in PM and they are all working fine now in ST4 without PM.

• Like 2

For me it s even strange , i have ampeg bundle , mesa boogie and they appears selectable in the menu ....

And something i can buy on the customshop , labeled as not owned ...but it is in the center and authorised ...lol

Edited by Zo
  • Like 3