IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

am only using 1 or 2 instances of AT 5 and nothing fancy. Just a one amp custom preset

I am from the old school of 120mhz cpu and 16mb of ram!! I rarely run more than what I need to get the job done. If I do need more I will freeze trust as needed and move on. I don't want to waste time trying to troubleshoot/problem solve while I am getting song wrote. 

When the time comes I have methods to get around limitations that present themselves. 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

On 10/24/2021 at 8:57 AM, mibby said:

Asking a question here because I'm hoping one of you will know, especially @Peter - IK Multimedia

I have a Presets question:  I spent some time exploring and playing around with the standalone versions of these two plugins and started savingsome Presets when I had some sounds I liked, thinking I would just pull them up in my DAW and use them.  But the presets don't show up in the plugin versions in my DAW. 

I see that there is a separate folder for "Rack" vs "Effect" in the Presets folders, but manually copying the preset from one to the other didn't make it show up either. (?)   What am I missing?   Are the Presets interchangeable between the standalone and the plugin versions of these two plugins?

Your presets should be available in both standalone and DAW plugin versions of our products.  If you are using model presets you would right click the model and choose there, but that doesn't seem to be the issue from what I can tell anyway.  I'd suggest providing details about your DAW and which IK products/presets you are having issues with to support and I'm sure they can figure it out.  9/10 it is about file permissions when it comes to presets and the like.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Your presets should be available in both standalone and DAW plugin versions of our products.  If you are using model presets you would right click the model and choose there, but that doesn't seem to be the issue from what I can tell anyway.  I'd suggest providing details about your DAW and which IK products/presets you are having issues with to support and I'm sure they can figure it out.  9/10 it is about file permissions when it comes to presets and the like.

Thanks Peter, I just asked here because I thought I might be overlooking something. I ended up just saving the individual Presets for each of the modules in the Standalone, then went to the plugin and added the each of the Modules and recalled the individual presets. Kind of a pain, but it worked.

How would it be a "permissions" issue when I'm the only user/admin on my PC?  It wasn't "in use" or anything either because I rebooted, etc.

Anyway, I can get TS the specifics.  This particular one was on MixBox Standalone -> plugin...

14 minutes ago, mibby said:

How would it be a "permissions" issue when I'm the only user/admin on my PC? 

I know what your saying but, this is Windows we are talking about!!

Even though you are the only user, and the admin on that computer, there are certain "permissions" that are needed for files to access certain locations. I could go into a deeper explanation.. but just take my word for it. And IK support would know how to safely navigate you through the steps needed to correct this.

• Like 1

I have bought two qualifying products in the IK Group Buy. But I am only seeing 23 freebies available (I used one freebie the day I bought Sampletron to get the B3).

I bought Electric Grand  (ST4 lib) on 18Aug2021. That got me in at the $49 level. I selected eight freebies from that purchase. I still had freebies left that I wanted to choose. I had not decided on which ones I wanted yet, and since I still had till 30 days after GB ended, I just left the other freebies alone.

Then I purchased 200 Gear Credits in the IK Store using Jam Points. I used those 200 credits to buy SampleTron on the same day. Also chose to cash one in for the Hammond B3, been waiting a long time for that baby!

Only now I go into my Promotions page and only see 24 freebies. I should have the 24 I got from Sampletron (minus one choice, Hammond B3X, that leaves 23) plus what was left from my first purchase (24 minus the eight choices I made, the eight new ST4 libs I didn't have) which should leave me with a total of 39 freebies left. I am only showing 23 left. What happened to the 16 left from my first purchase?

I am ready to make my choices. But I don't want to do that until this gets resolved. Sent in a support ticket just now.

3 minutes ago, Grem said:

I have bought two qualifying products in the IK Group Buy. But I am only seeing 23 freebies available (I used one freebie the day I bought Sampletron to get the B3).

I bought Electric Grand  (ST4 lib) on 18Aug2021. That got me in at the $49 level. I selected eight freebies from that purchase. I still had freebies left that I wanted to choose. I had not decided on which ones I wanted yet, and since I still had till 30 days after GB ended, I just left the other freebies alone.

Then I purchased 200 Gear Credits in the IK Store using Jam Points. I used those 200 credits to buy SampleTron on the same day. Also chose to cash one in for the Hammond B3, been waiting a long time for that baby!

Only now I go into my Promotions page and only see 24 freebies. I should have the 24 I got from Sampletron (minus one choice, Hammond B3X, that leaves 23) plus what was left from my first purchase (24 minus the eight choices I made, the eight new ST4 libs I didn't have) which should leave me with a total of 39 freebies left. I am only showing 23 left. What happened to the 16 left from my first purchase?

I am ready to make my choices. But I don't want to do that until this gets resolved. Sent in a support ticket just now.

Grem, there will be 2 offerings under EACH of those 23 Promo buttons.
That is how you get the TOTAL offerings

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Grem said:

I am from the old school of 120mhz cpu and 16mb of ram!!

Luxury! My first computer was an Atari 400 with a clock speed of 1.79 MHz and 8K of RAM. And a membrane keyboard! 

I actually worked on computers where the user interface was toggle switches and LEDs used to enter and display binary code.  This was the beast.

image.thumb.png.5ed06aec9965cc919d51a8eb9cfc63d8.png

And people complain about the SampleTank UI.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Grem, there will be 2 offerings under EACH of those 23 Promo buttons.
That is how you get the TOTAL offerings

Your are right Larry, that is what I should see. I have asked this question before and was told the same thing you just posted. And thanks for your reply too brudda!!

However, when I went this morning to make my choices, this is what I see when I chose to redeem a freebie, only one item shows:
image.thumb.png.f61a2483d5c8fc10893ba040521ee479.png
 It's like my first purchase disappeared!!

So before I make anymore choices I want this sorted out.

Again thanks for the help my King!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grem said:

Your are right Larry, that is what I should see. I have asked this question before and was told the same thing you just posted. And thanks for your reply too brudda!!

However, when I went this morning to make my choices, this is what I see when I chose to redeem a freebie, only one item shows:
image.thumb.png.f61a2483d5c8fc10893ba040521ee479.png
 It's like my first purchase disappeared!!

So before I make anymore choices I want this sorted out.

Again thanks for the help my King!!

You are correct...that is wrong.  There should be two of those under that page...one for each purchase

• Like 1

Just now, cclarry said:

There should be two of those under that page...one for each purchase

Yeah that's what I figured out when I went this morning. The way it is I only have choices from the Sampletron purchase. 

I am confident that IK support will iron this out. I still have till the end of this month and the 30 days after it ends to make my choices. Should be enough time.

(I hope!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

You are correct...that is wrong.  There should be two of those under that page...one for each purchase

@Grem I thought I had the same issue several weeks ago, but realized that the Promos highest on the list didn't show multiple freebies, but the Promos lower/lowest on the list did, so check the bottom one to see if you have multiple freebie selections. From my experience and confirmed by PeterIK, you can click the Promo and see, then back out without losing the promo.

Edited by NOLAGuy
typos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NOLAGuy said:

@Grem I thought I had the same issue several weeks ago, but realized that the Promos highest on the list didn't show multiple freebies, but the Promos lower/lowest on the list did, so check the bottom one to see if you have multiple freebie selections. From my experience and confirmed by PeterIK, you can click the Promo and see, then back out without losing the promo.

This is true...if you took promos before buying the 2nd item, those will be gone...

1 hour ago, NOLAGuy said:

the Promos highest on the list didn't show multiple freebies, but the Promos lower/lowest on the list did

OK. I do see that. And that's all good for that. 

But this is still not right because

3 hours ago, Grem said:

Are the others freebies gonna reappear as I choose? IOW not enough space to put all selections at one time?

5 minutes ago, Grem said:

Are the others freebies gonna reappear as I choose?

This seems to be the case. I selected an "Available" from the bottom. I got two choices (IOW both of my qualifying products showed up).

Then I selected a choice from the higher dollar slot, confirmed, went back to the Promotions page and now I have 24 "Available" buttons!!

So it will only show so many choices, then as you choose the others appear.

It's all good now!!

Thanks to @NOLAGuy @cclarry@Peter - IK Multimedia for helping me out. I get it now!!! LOL 😆😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Grem Glad it worked out, we're definitely looking forward to next year to continue to make improvements and hopefully have a deal that can at least match this one if not surpass it.  We're going to need to figure out how to give that one lucky 2022 Group Buy participant their free @InstrEd (and only give a free MIDI controller to another random person, plus whoever wins InstrEd will have to show proof they have no MIDI controllers at all and sign a contract agreeing to not buy or receive on for at least one year).

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Haha 2