IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

2 hours ago, InstrEd said:

Heck Yes Fleer!  Haven't you realized yet it isn't about you but the GB  Total.  We want Peter to get his nice bonus :D  (see I'm a nice person wishing Peter well even though he is dissing me on my free MIDI keyboard ;)

That, and my 25th freebie!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

I still have an unregistered $50 IK product. Any reason to register this in the Group Buy? At what price are all these added Amplitube singles valued?

I used Jam points and got in at that level to complete the AT5 collection. Most of the items I picked up were at the $25 level. It was still well worth it for $35.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

I still have an unregistered $50 IK product. Any reason to register this in the Group Buy? At what price are all these added Amplitube singles valued?

Outside of waiting on a future group buy where yet to be released products would be included, I'd think now is the time to jump in.

Especially if you don't have the amps/cabs/effects that are only available with MAX or individual purchase.  The Two Dr Z amps in that catergory get more use from me than just about anything else.  Since you need the matching cabs, those 2 amps take up 4 slots and so forth (HiWatt, ENGL Blackmore amp, and the Wampler and T-Rex pedals being some more).  

Amps are usually in the $25-35 range and the Cabs are like $10 a piece.  These "premium brand" effects are also $25 each .

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 6:52 PM, Jacques Boileau said:

If you have a few minutes, I would really be interested to see how AT5 5.0.3 fares on such a beast.

OK, I did the install of AT5 5.03. Here is the results.

Using the same preset of mine (not default) as I did in this post, I ran the test as before.
AT5 (5.03) 2% single instance.
Six instances was 12% - 13%
Then I added the Leslie as a second speaker cab to the preset and the CPU was 26% for all six instances!

AT4 (4.10) single instance was 2%. Six instances was  20% with Leslie as second cab.

Reinstalled 5.2.0
AT5 (5.2.0) Default preset 2% single instance. 15% - 17% six instances.
With my preset Silver Plate 50 and matching cab, in the rack TERC, Digital Delay, Hall Reverb six instances 20%. - 22%. Add the Leslie as a second cab and the CPU is 25% - 26%. ON par with 5.03 and AT4
Add a second amp to the signal chain with the output going into a leslie and CPU is 29% - 30%.

Add MODO drums to the mix... well it wasn't pretty. Stuttering, glitchy playback. Buffer was set to 1024. Had to archive 5 of the trks then playback was fine. 
Add MODO Bass... 

• Thanks 2

Alrighty, I'm finally in! 195 euros (VAT included) got me every qualifying product I was missing + The Resonator. Now I just need to start the selection rhumba.

But what should I do with the leftover freebies?

2 minutes ago, Nick Blanc said:

I'm still tempted to go for a last buy-in with The Resonator (minus some jampoints) and picking off some Sampletank and AT5 add-ons. But just to be sure, The Resonator does qualify me for a slot right?

I'm pretty sure it doesn't, unfortunately.

Edit: Yeah, it's not listed in the qualifying Sample Tank instruments.

Edited by Pseudopop

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

I'm still tempted to go for a last buy-in with The Resonator (minus some jampoints) and picking off some Sampletank and AT5 add-ons. But just to be sure, The Resonator does qualify me for a slot right?

I find it odd that The Resonator is missing from the qualifying product list. I understood that it would never be a freebie.

So anyway if you really want The Resonator, and you have the full version of Kontakt, the original version is available as a Kontakt library directly from the developer, Indiginus (Tracy Collins), for $59. It sounds really, really good!  https://www.indiginus.com/the-resonator

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cclarry said:

It still makes more sense to buy it at IK...

$49.99 full price, and $34.99 with max Jampoints of 15..

Except that the Resonator UI for Kontakt is much better than SampleTank. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing SampleTank here, but this instrument begs for intuitive control, and the SampleTank UI is a bit meh for that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, abacab said:

Except that the Resonator UI for Kontakt is much better than SampleTank. Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing SampleTank here, but this instrument begs for intuitive control, and the SampleTank UI is a bit meh for that.

True that!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, abacab said:

I find it odd that The Resonator is missing from the qualifying product list. I understood that it would never be a freebie.

So anyway if you really want The Resonator, and you have the full version of Kontakt, the original version is available as a Kontakt library directly from the developer, Indiginus (Tracy Collins), for $59. It sounds really, really good!  https://www.indiginus.com/the-resonator

Did IKM add Resonator? I think if it's not on the list, you don't get the freebies.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grem said:

Using the same preset of mine (not default) as I did in this post, I ran the test as before.
Then I added the Leslie as a second speaker cab to the preset and the CPU was 26% for all six instances!

AT4 (4.10) single instance was 2%. Six instances was  20% with Leslie as second cab.

Reinstalled 5.2.0
With my preset Silver Plate 50 and matching cab, in the rack TERC, Digital Delay, Hall Reverb six instances 20%. - 22%. Add the Leslie as a second cab and the CPU is 25% - 26%. ON par with 5.03 and AT4
Add a second amp to the signal chain with the output going into a leslie and CPU is 29% - 30%.

Add MODO drums to the mix... well it wasn't pretty. Stuttering, glitchy playback. Buffer was set to 1024. Had to archive 5 of the trks then playback was fine. 
Add MODO Bass... 

I been doing demo tracks using MODO drums + MODO Bass and AT 5. No issues Mind you , I am only using 1 or 2 instances of AT 5 and nothing fancy. Just a one amp custom preset. I am on an older Xeon CPU.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grem said:

Reinstalled 5.2.0

Add MODO Bass... 

The good news for you is that the cpu usage, although high, is relatively constant across versions. This means that you can stick with the latest.

One thing that would be nice is to have settings for performance items. For example, have a few CPU hungry features of AT5 having the possibility to be disabled. One example would be disabling VIR. Since the CS version works without it, it wouldn't be that hard to do I am sure. There may be other areas that could be switched off so that it runs smoother, albeit at the cost of some audio fidelity. Just a thought.

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 2