IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

28 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

The ECM8000 does not come with a calibration file. Behringer does not produce individual calibration file for these. I don't know if you can skip the calibration file step in ARC. There are some generic cal file for it that people made. A quick search in Google returns a few examples.

As I understand it,  the Dayton Audio EMM-6 is the same as the ECM8000 and Dayton provide a calibration file .

oh well. i picked up the Slash as I started using AT5 as a effects plugin for soft synths... it has a bunch of pedal emulations that should create some interesting sound combinations.

btw.. cool article on making patterns in Modo Drum..

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/20-tips-creating-realistic-sequenced-drum-parts

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1

Asking a question here because I'm hoping one of you will know, especially @Peter - IK Multimedia

I have a Presets question:  I spent some time exploring and playing around with the standalone versions of these two plugins and started savingsome Presets when I had some sounds I liked, thinking I would just pull them up in my DAW and use them.  But the presets don't show up in the plugin versions in my DAW. 

I see that there is a separate folder for "Rack" vs "Effect" in the Presets folders, but manually copying the preset from one to the other didn't make it show up either. (?)   What am I missing?   Are the Presets interchangeable between the standalone and the plugin versions of these two plugins?

Edited by mibby

48 minutes ago, mcmd said:

As I understand it,  the Dayton Audio EMM-6 is the same as the ECM8000 and Dayton provide a calibration file .

No, the EMM-6 is not the same. Those are individually calibrated and the calibration are thus different for every mic. You need to enter your mic's serial on their site to get your mic specific cal file. These are two different mics as far as I know. Where did you see information that they where identical? 

24 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

No, the EMM-6 is not the same. Those are individually calibrated and the calibration are thus different for every mic. You need to enter your mic's serial on their site to get your mic specific cal file. These are two different mics as far as I know. Where did you see information that they where identical? 

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rough-comparison-of-two-measurement-mics.2409/

http://www.audioimprov.com/AudioImprov/Mics/Entries/2012/11/12_Dayton_EMM-6_%26_Behringer_ECM-8000_Measurement_Mics.html

Edited by simon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2021 at 9:20 PM, abacab said:

Not bad. Alan was on the team that sampled a Bösendorfer® Model 290 grand piano at Mark Knopfler's British Grove Studios in London.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/st3alanparsonsgrand/?pkey=st3sounds-alanparsons-grand

About that piano, it was used by Rick Wright to re-record some measures of piano on Shine On Your Crazy Diamond that were lost from the master tapes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Billy said:

Bought the ECM-8000 as well to use with ARC. Would the calibration file found on this site work? https://www.hometheatershack.com/threads/downloads-page.19/?

And if so, how do you use it 🤷‍♂️

I don't know if this would work.

A cal file is intended to be specific to a particular mic and compensate for build variability AFAIK,when measured against a reference standard.

IK don't supply one with their mic, because I believe, they claim a low variability from unit to unit.

I don't know if ARC requires a cal file if you use a different mic.

...this subject probs needs it own thread, as I expect many people took the ARC software  and are in the same boat about mic choices.

Edited by mcmd
clarification
  • Thanks 1

On 10/18/2021 at 6:03 PM, ALC said:

I posted these before in the other thread that was closed ...

I created the following spreadsheets (scraped from the documentation and the Custom Shop) to help myself with this group buy.  Hopefully you find it useful.

IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (includes X-GEAR and new AmpliTube stomps/amps/cabs/mics):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sfBcas5oIG8CJgDvg2bf0tg8l0pbyg3uZNcgSvgDXbk/edit?usp=sharing

AmpliTube (includes X-GEAR tab with all the descriptions):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18qod2xI_wcOjBiFsN7gpv-60BeTyuhEQ-5epfb7IPcE/edit?usp=sharing

IK Mixing and Mastering:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a4E8LHS743zJYhQWd8eNdP90ntVKYUXj-3UpIQYvx7c/edit?usp=sharing

Yes, I haven't yet created a sheet for SampleTank/Virtual Instruments.

Thanks for this! I used it to figure out my 24 freebies to get while waiting for my iRig to arrive. Took me awhile to figure out how to tally amounts since I haven't used spreadsheets in a long time. I was debating on getting Sample Tank SE and when the keyboard arrived yesterday I see it comes with it so that's an added bonus.  I'll be able to have most of AT-5 including X-Gear,  and a ton of T-racks so I should be set for a long time. Now to block all my music related emails so I can focus on music instead of being tempted by collecting plugins.  😉

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jake Waidelich said:

should be set for a long time. Now to block all my music related emails so I can focus on music instead of being tempted by collecting plugins.  😉

Yeah, we all should be set for a loooong time!!

Good luck trying to stay focused on your music.  You talked about filtering your emails but nothing about not coming around here. 

It's like the old saying goes...

Hang around shady places and you will get involved in shady deals!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Grem said:

Yeah, we all should be set for a loooong time!!

Good luck trying to stay focused on your music.  You talked about filtering your emails but nothing about not coming around here. 

It's like the old saying goes...

You are right! Take me for example, I never knew I needed so many plugins before I came here! 😉🤣

• Like 2

On 10/23/2021 at 6:21 PM, Jesse Screed said:

The CPU usage is what was affecting the per track AT5 plugin use.

True and I have found another and quite weird dependency in Reaper. The CPU usage per track is higher in case you have the same preset duplicated to more tracks. Screenshot is from 5.20. I have got the same behavior in 5.0.3 and 5.1.1 version.

EDIT: It is definitely some bug in the Reaper because   I can achieve the same results with other VST combinations.

image.thumb.png.ddbb879534e25facc2075f601bcd2027.png

Some general and one track measurements across mentioned versions:

AT 5.0.3
1st start to GUI                             - 17s
2nd start to GUI                             - 3s
AT5 Perfomance Leslie                         - 3.7 to 4.1%
AT5 Perfomance Leslie X-Gear        - xxx

AT 5.1.1
1st start to GUI                            - 22s
AT5 Perfomance Leslie                         - 3.8 to 4.0%
AT5 Perfomance Leslie X-Gear        - 4.8 to 5.2%

AT 5.2
1st start to GUI                              - 18s
AT5 Perfomance Leslie                         - 3.8 to 4.1%
AT5 Perfomance Leslie X-Gear        - 4.5 to 4.8%

My PC: Win10, Intel i7-4790K passmark 8056,16 GB RAM,  SSD WD Blue

AT5 Perfomance - Leslie .at5p AT5 Perfomance - Leslie XGear.at5p

Edited by filo
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:
16 minutes ago, Grem said:

You are right! Take me for example, I never knew I needed so many plugins before I came here! 😉🤣

I can't help but just relate! Misery likes company...? 😂

1 hour ago, mcmd said:

I don't know if this would work.

A cal file is intended to be specific to a particular mic and compensate for build variability AFAIK,when measured against a reference standard.

IK don't supply one with their mic, because I believe, they claim a low variability from unit to unit.

I don't know if ARC requires a cal file if you use a different mic.

...this subject probs needs it own thread, as I expect many people took the ARC software  and are in the same boat about mic choices.

ARC 3 will accept the ".cal" file for ECM8000 if you rename it to a ".txt" file when selecting the generic mic in the ARC software. https://www.hometheatershack.com/threads/downloads-page.19/

But these files will not exactly represent "your" copy of the mic. There may be some variance.

ecm8000_freq_resp.jpg

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1

There are several you can download. They are a particular mic and will not match your mic. You can use the EMC800 with or without a calibration file.

I have used it both ways.  The good thing is that the EMC8000 is very close in the important frequencies - 80 to 15k is pretty close on these. 

There are several links to different EMC8000 calibration files.  I guess you could look at a few and average them or try a couple and see what you think.

www.hometheatershack.com/threads/do-i-need-a-behringer-ecm8000-cal-file.175106/

https://www.avnirvana.com/threads/ecm8000-calibration-file.3949/

abacab's graph is great to show the variations in the EMC8000.  Also that flat area in the middle of the graph is the most important frequencies 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, filo said:

True and I have found another and quite weird dependency in Reaper. The CPU usage per track is higher in case you have the same preset duplicated to more tracks. Screenshot is from 5.20. I have got the same behavior in 5.0.3 and 5.1.1 version.

EDIT: It is definitely some bug in the Reaper because   I can achieve the same results with other VST combinations.

Some general and one track measurements across mentioned versions:

AT 5.0.3
1st start to GUI                             - 17s
AT5 Perfomance Leslie                         - 3.7 to 4.1%
AT5 Perfomance Leslie X-Gear        - xxx

AT 5.1.1
1st start to GUI                            - 22s
AT5 Perfomance Leslie                         - 3.8 to 4.0%
AT5 Perfomance Leslie X-Gear        - 4.8 to 5.2%

AT 5.2
1st start to GUI                              - 18s
AT5 Perfomance Leslie                         - 3.8 to 4.1%
AT5 Perfomance Leslie X-Gear        - 4.5 to 4.8%

My PC: Win10, Intel i7-4790K passmark 8056,16 GB RAM,  SSD WD Blue

AT5 Perfomance - Leslie .at5p 11.13 kB · 1 download AT5 Perfomance - Leslie XGear.at5p 14.44 kB · 0 downloads

Very interesting. My test were done with the default preset. In the case of this Leslie patch, there doesn't seem to be a difference. I will try that and see how it fares on my machine. Thanks!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I still have an unregistered $50 IK product. Any reason to register this in the Group Buy? At what price are all these added Amplitube singles valued?

Heck Yes Fleer!  Haven't you realized yet it isn't about you but the GB  Total.  We want Peter to get his nice bonus :D  (see I'm a nice person wishing Peter well even though he is dissing me on my free MIDI keyboard ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Max Arwood said:

abacab's graph is great to show the variations in the EMC8000.  Also that flat area in the middle of the graph is the most important frequencies

It's not my graph, I just borrowed it from: https://www.hometheatershack.com/threads/downloads-page.19/

They also have a graph for the EMM-6. That one seems to have a much wider variance in the lows and highs. Probably much more need for an accurate calibration file with that one! But it is flat in the middle as well...

But then, there was this comparison of these two at: http://www.audioimprov.com/AudioImprov/Mics/Entries/2012/11/12_Dayton_EMM-6_%26_Behringer_ECM-8000_Measurement_Mics.html

Response to the same test speaker. ECM-8000 green, EMM-6 yellow. Curves separated for clarity.

Compare ECM8000 with EMM-6.jpg

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1