IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

I got the mems mic from IK. $49 after JP. It was $13 to ship along with a cable I ordered, so it is a little expensive to ship here in USA.

Have taken just one correct set of 21 measurements for a project studio. The difference is apparent. 

Haven't used themes mic in Mic Room yet, but I will give it a shot. I am very interested in finding out. 

[edit] TOTP!!!

Edited by Grem

48 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Hey ! keep up the good work . Did you know The Flipping CPU Black Hole Hogs are looking for a new drummer  🤣

Kenny

$29 special for Rocktober!

https://www.ujam.com/drummer/heavy/

Virtual Drummer HEAVY is an authoritative, hard-hitting rock drummer, permanently set to beast mode! Always delivering what its name promises, HEAVY punishes the drums with relentless weight and energy behind each hit, driving your tracks forward and providing the perfect basis for all manner of rock, indie and grunge style

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

It means we feel your pain, brother.  I’ve canned AT5 on a number of projects until I figure out a strategy to reduce its CPU impact.  

Yeah it seems worse on the 5.1 update. I had to go back to 5.0.3 I think - can't remember the exact version I'm pretty sure it was that one and it helped, though I can't use the X pedals.

Edited by Luc
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Luc said:

Yeah it seems worse on the 5.1 update. I had to go back to 5.0.3 I think - can't remember the exact version I'm pretty sure it was that one and it helped, though I can't use the X pedals.

I really love the AT5 UI and ecosystem. It, for me, is the perfect balance between ease of use and the ability to go down the rabbit hole.  I didn’t bother with AT4 because of its UI, and I had better sounding resources already.  But I won’t revert back mainly on principle and available workarounds like freezing tracks or using an outside IR loader, which defeats the purpose of the feature and the ecosystem.  I’ve filed a support ticket a couple of times.   I have plenty of amp sims that can do the job if AT5 can’t.  But I really hope this gets sorted out. 

5 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

I really love the AT5 UI and ecosystem. It, for me, is the perfect balance between ease of use and the ability to go down the rabbit hole.  I didn’t bother with AT4 because of its UI, and I had better sounding resources already.  But I won’t revert back mainly on principle and available workarounds like freezing tracks or using an outside IR loader, which defeats the purpose of the feature and the ecosystem.  I’ve filed a support ticket a couple of times.   I have plenty of amp sims that can do the job if AT5 can’t.  But I really hope this gets sorted out. 

Yeah I hear ya, I couldn't go back to AT4. I love how AT5 is set up. But just to clarify, the version I went back to was an earlier version of AT5 (I'm pretty sure it was 5.0.3) because 5.1 wasn't usable for me. So it's the best of both world at the moment. Well, apart from the X pedals that were added in 5.1 last month. Hopefully it all gets sorted out since it seems to be an issue for many.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grem said:

I got the mems mic from IK. $49 after JP. It was $13 to ship along with a cable I ordered, so it is a little expensive to ship here in USA.

Have taken just one correct set of 21 measurements for a project studio. The difference is apparent. 

Haven't used themes mic in Mic Room yet, but I will give it a shot. I am very interested in finding out. 

[edit] TOTP!!!

is it a MEMS Arc 3 or MEMS Arc 2.5 mic? i am temped by Arc.. now that I see how much competing products cost.

Edited by telecode 101

I'm still on AT 5.0.3, that's the more CPU friendly version btw. The moment I've read about implementing custom shop features into the recent version of AT gave me more consternation than anything else. How come that implementing some online shopping functions into, what seems to be, an already CPU hog software intended to be used as a fx plugin on many tracks in our DAWs could guarantee smooth and bug free experience? Scratching head right now...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Steve Patrick said:

Hey...anyone know if we can gift someone our free picks??  I'd like to shoot my best bud (and phenomenal guitarist) Amp5.

Sorry, the answer is NO.

Edit: I see that Larry has already answered....

Edited by TheSteven

Ok...so, even after installing through the IK installation/program Manager,
none of the new SampleTank Libraries were showing up...so checked everything...
still no go!  I had to use the serial #'s and authorize them through the OLD Authorization
Manager before they would show up correctly....go figure!  Not the first time that's
happened!

Edited by cclarry

10 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

AT 4  clocks in at around 4 seconds to open ...AT 5 takes 2 whole mins to open  ...( it sure felt like an eternity too me )

I know this because I just did a screen record while opening  both applications up from the desktop ...in succession

This whole BS of if it's happening to you but you don't report it means things are OK does not fly with me ......Run that $hit on somebody that is Green ...

To my knowledge there are at least 5 other people here I have interacted with in this thread today that are experiencing ridiculous CPU hogging while trying to use AT5 ....

Did you or Did you not Made Bank w this group buy ? .... I guessing you did so please fix the problems w this app .

Going back to AT 4 as a solution ? I don't think so. Some one else's  idea of temporary and my idea of temporary are probably totally different 😙

Yeah I get it , so this thread may not be the main approach to look or get help ...Yeah Right ! ..

Well in that case maybe I should just post my video up on u tube first as my unbiased review of Amplitube 5 and then go to support after I do that 😉

Kenny

I understand you are frustrated but you seem quite aggressive toward me and/or IK.  Just trying to help.  I didn't know that pointing someone to the right place to report an issue to get fixed was a bad thing.  Learn something new every day.  You are welcome to post wherever you want, but the only thing that might get fixed with that is your frustration and likely only temporarily.

I'm also confused by this apparent connection/obsession with IK "making bank" with this promotion.  That does not and has never had anything to do with supporting our customers.  We always have and always will.  We also have indeed "made bank" on a regular basis or we wouldn't be celebrating 25 years in business but again I don't know that has anything to do with an issue you are having with one of our products or the effectiveness of any resolution to that problem.

If you open a ticket you can likely get to experience AmpliTube 5 like others here whose experience is a much faster opening and overall smooth experience.  Others may have noticed some irregular/high CPU usage and of course that can and should be reported too.  The support team takes their jobs seriously and will gather data from multiple people who report an issue, try to recreate it and (most important) assess any similarity/common threads (pun intended) of a problem and get it resolved for those who are having it.  A trackable support system that allows a company's support staff to gather and share data is much more effective a means to resolving issues than finding posts and making guesses based on scattered information.

Either way, I'm sure any issue can be resolved and if anybody has opened a ticket and they are not satisfied with how it is going or needs me to bump someone for some clarification I can and surely will.  I'm willing to help and I do understand that frustration can result in aggression so just let me know if and when you do need/want my assistance if you haven't had luck with the support system.

Thanks!

• Like 8
  • Great Idea 1