IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

40 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

The only I.K. Amplitube 5 products I do not own are these 7 items .

Morley Countor Wah ,Ducan Power Grid , T-Rex Moller, T-Rex Mudhoney , Z.Vex Seek Wah  ,Jet City JCA100H , Jet City JCA20H .

Why then do I have to put up with this since  I'm not demoing any of those products .

460161077_IKwarning.thumb.jpg.bcc58e10b28ff045e8c376944f04d62d.jpg

This is starting to explain a lot to me like why is this FRACKIN app Amplitube 5 is such a resource HOG compared to Amplitube 4

WHY does Amplitube 5 need to be accessing  MY INTERNET while I am just using the App as standalone , While I have authorized all my products , and while I am NOT DEMOING products I do not own ....all 7 of them .

What is going on here,  does the Custom Shop have to run regardless of what I am doing ?  How do I disable that if it can be disabled ...

If you click on this you can toggle between what you own, what you don't own, or show all. You currently are showing all so that may have something to do with the demos. 

20211021_085712.jpg

2 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I'm gonna have to time how long it take A T 5 to start on my computer I 'm guessing it is about 5 mins ( which is totally unacceptable )

5 minutes? Wow! That is ridiculous... 😢

More like 15 seconds here... but it's still a CPU hog!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Next , I'm gonna have to time how long it take A T 5 to start on my computer I 'm guessing it is about 5 mins ( which is totally unacceptable )

I don't use the "stand alone" so I'm not sure why it would take so long to load compared to within Cakewalk.  

Well...I did a bad thing...I now have 31 freebies.
I didn't have Sampletron II, so I bought that for $136 
by buying 200 Credits for $159.99 - 15% off coupon I had, and then used
the Jampoints that I received from that to get The Resonator for $35..

$171 for BOTH products and 24 more freebies, in addition to the 7 I already had!
(believe me, there is METHOD to this Madness!)

Only thing that I don't have now is the Tascam Collection, which I can live without until it's
on a good sale...My cost right now is $90.99 due to the discount for TS3 Max...so will have
to wait to see if anything sells on KVR or until it goes on sale later

• Like 4
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Sure i get what you are saying .  The one and only time I tried to use Amplitube 5 in a Cakewalk project my project came to a grinding halt .

Right now my whole strategy is to get familiar with the new GUI and explore many of the new features ...The signal chain routing , the added racks the mic technology.

Sound Wise and flexibility Wise AT 5 is fantastic .  

The way I have been dealing with the CPU hit is to play along with my tracks premixed as a work file in an app called Transcribe or just using the Windows media player .

That way at least I can dial in my tones and get an idea of what is gonna work for some of the music files I'm playing around with

Kenny

Yeah.. AT 5 does use more resources compared to AT 4. But it does sound very good. I recently started using AT 5 for FX for synths as the pedal emulations are miles ahead of anything in NI Guitar Rig or whats built into Arturia.

FWIW.. I sometimes switch back to AT4 for guitar for projects that have lots of track and fx and are resource heavy. I am still able to get the sounds I want from AT 4.

ahh.. young tele is having so much fun with Modo Drum. I am a guitar player that always secretly wanted to be a drummer. always regretted not picking up drums. this application is so much fun.. customizing the kits and heads and all.. the GUI so much fun.. i am blowing so much time customizing drums and not working on any actual music.. 😞

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Until they resolve this, you can minimize the agravation by simply rolling back to the previous version. 5.1.1 didn't include the try & buy integration so this screen is not in it. Just go to your product page (not the procuct manager) ann under your puschase there is a tab called 'past releases'. Just install 5.1.1 over what you currently got and you should be good to go.

This is what I did too. The current version of Amp5 is a real mess.

2 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Until they resolve this...

As long as anybody experiencing this reports it.  This is not the expected behavior, and should only appear when you are demoing gear.  I am not experiencing this even when I'm not logged in or am logged in with an account that is missing gear, on both Windows and macOS.  So I'm sure the team can get this resolved for anybody experiencing it.

1 hour ago, abacab said:

5 minutes? Wow! That is ridiculous... 😢

More like 15 seconds here... but it's still a CPU hog!

That's also something to report to the team as that is clearly an indication of an issue and AmpliTube 5 takes far less time to load for others so it is likely something the team can identify and help with.

3 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

As long as anybody experiencing this reports it.  This is not the expected behavior, and should only appear when you are demoing gear.  I am not experiencing this even when I'm not logged in or am logged in with an account that is missing gear, on both Windows and macOS.  So I'm sure the team can get this resolved for anybody experiencing it.

I agree wholeheartedly. I have not seen the problem, but gave a quick solution to @kennywtelejazz since he seemed quite aggravated and having a rough time. I am simply more aware than others what is in each releases and how to roll back I guess.

But yes, support should always be the first place to report problems. No one from IK, not even Peter, has the job of looking through forums for complaints and turn them into bug reports for the devs. You must file in a support ticket. It is the quickest and best way to get the info to the devs. And if you think that someone already entered one for your problem and don't really need to enter it again, you are wrong! The more input they get the better. And if they see that many people have the same problem, the urgency goes up a notch.

It is ok to report problems on forums so that people know they exist, but make sure support has been advised first. Or we can't complain they are not fixing something they have not been made aware of! Let's be part of the solution!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

That's also something to report to the team as that is clearly an indication of an issue and AmpliTube 5 takes far less time to load for others so it is likely something the team can identify and help with.

Thanks, but as I said, only 15 seconds to load here...

• Like 1