IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

28 minutes ago, Craig N said:

Did anyone ever find an easier solution to unlocking all of the Amplitude models and  Sampletank extensions that didn't involve entering every single freebie's serial number into the Authorization Manager? That's what I've had to do so far, but after picking the rest of my freebies I'm wondering if there are any alternatives... 

That doesn't sound right at all.

For the freebies, I just went to this URL:  And then for any that are availalbe you click the red button, takes you to a page where there is a drop down.

After you make your selectiosn and confirm, go back to the Install Manager and Custom Shop and "refresh purchases" in the upper right:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/promotions/

The only time I had to enter a serial number was during the Buy In itself.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

I had this which I had previously used with REW software and was able to use it with arc. But I needed to install ASIO4All. Luckily, it is only needed for the measurement part and I removed it afterwards. It comes with a calibration fiel. It worked flawlessly.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-1

But if you want to use the mic for other things than measurement, you might be better off with something like this Dayton:

https://www.daytonaudio.com/product/911/emm-6-electret-measurement-microphone

It comes with a calibration file too and will work great with arc I am sure.

Others (search this thread) have successfully used this Dayton using a conversion cable. It is cheap for sure, but sometimes you get what you pay for, so research it first.

https://www.daytonaudio.com/product/1117/imm-6-idevice-calibrated-measurement-microphone

Thanks for the information. The Dayton EMM-6 is  (approximately) in the same price range as the IK MEMS and Sonarworks SoundID measurement microphones. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tom B said:

I plan to get the ARC System software as a GB freebie.  Other than the IK MEMS mic',  what other measurement microphones have folks used successfully?  I've been looking at a couple of options.  

On 10/17/2021 at 6:58 AM, ALC said:

I got the following for under $30:

Dayton Audio iMM-6 Calibrated... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADR2B84?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

aceyoon Trrs Extension Cable 10ft... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093715WVJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It worked for my laptop  if I used it just for the mic, with the audio output going through a different audio interface (not headphone jack).

You may need a different adapter depending on what you’re plugging into.

In retrospect, I would get this instead but it’s backordered:

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-iMM-6S-iDevice-Calibrated-Microphone-Straight-390-812

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

Others (search this thread) have successfully used this Dayton using a conversion cable. It is cheap for sure, but sometimes you get what you pay for, so research it first.

https://www.daytonaudio.com/product/1117/imm-6-idevice-calibrated-measurement-microphone

I used this option. It works great. I was dubious but it seems to have done the job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

That doesn't sound right at all.

For the freebies, I just went to this URL:  And then for any that are availalbe you click the red button, takes you to a page where there is a drop down.

After you make your selectiosn and confirm, go back to the Install Manager and Custom Shop and "refresh purchases" in the upper right:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/userarea/promotions/

The only time I had to enter a serial number was during the Buy In itself.

Thanks, Restore My Purchases seems to have worked. Maybe I should have restarted my DAW previously after running it previously; I assumed reloading the plugin would be enough but maybe it wasn't. I also installed the latest update for Amplitube 5. 

2 hours ago, Craig N said:

Did anyone ever find an easier solution to unlocking all of the Amplitude models and  Sampletank extensions that didn't involve entering every single freebie's serial number into the Authorization Manager? That's what I've had to do so far, but after picking the rest of my freebies I'm wondering if there are any alternatives... 

I just used the Product Manager to authorize and download my SampleTank freebies. I think I had to unauthorize and reauthorize SampleTank itself, and then all my freebies were authorized as well. The Ampltube models were unlocked by restoring my gear in the most recent Custom Shop.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Craig N said:

Thanks, Restore My Purchases seems to have worked. Maybe I should have restarted my DAW previously after running it previously; I assumed reloading the plugin would be enough but maybe it wasn't. I also installed the latest update for Amplitube 5. 

6 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I just used the Product Manager to authorize and download my SampleTank freebies. I think I had to unauthorize and reauthorize SampleTank itself, and then all my freebies were authorized as well. The Ampltube models were unlocked by restoring my gear in the most recent Custom Shop.

I enter them manually in Product Manager. Then launch Custom Shop and Restore my purchases. I found that if I don't enter them into product manager they dont shop up or authorized in the DAW in plugin mode or in stand alone mode.

But the process is still a little funky. Even though I have supposedly correctly installed and authorized everything I have, every once in a while I have to re-do the process because I get a pop up saying the product I am using is not authorized. I think IKM need to do some more work on the new Product Manager.

Edited by telecode 101

2 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

The only I.K. Amplitube 5 products I do not own are these 7 items .

Morley Countor Wah ,Ducan Power Grid , T-Rex Moller, T-Rex Mudhoney , Z.Vex Seek Wah  ,Jet City JCA100H , Jet City JCA20H .

Why then do I have to put up with this since  I'm not demoing any of those products .

460161077_IKwarning.thumb.jpg.bcc58e10b28ff045e8c376944f04d62d.jpg

This is starting to explain a lot to me like why is this FRACKIN app Amplitube 5 is such a resource HOG compared to Amplitube 4

WHY does Amplitube 5 need to be accessing  MY INTERNET while I am just using the App as standalone , While I have authorized all my products , and while I am NOT DEMOING products I do not own ....all 7 of them .

What is going on here,  does the Custom Shop have to run regardless of what I am doing ?  How do I disable that if it can be disabled ...

If all my purchases are authorized as they are  then what app is half arsed and at fault Amplitube or The Custom Shop ?

For the record I have had my Wi Fi on and I am currently typing this while Amplitube 5 has that bogus dialog box still running  ..

Rant over

Kenny

yup. thats what i keep getting. i close and relaunch and it goes away.

• Like 1

Just now, kennywtelejazz said:

Well if that's the case , I don't know if I should be happy🙂 or sad 😒about what you  just said to me .

Kenny

I'm sad that you're having these issues Kenny...don't overthink it...it's a good thing...not a bad thing...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kennywtelejazz said:

It 's all good Larry ! What can I say ? I'm just a hypersensitive perfectionist with an inferiority complex .Or in plain simple English ...I'm just kenfused at this point . 🤣

have a good one I'm glad your back

Kenny

We all have those times...I get that way A LOT, especially with IK - LOL!

33 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

The only I.K. Amplitube 5 products I do not own are these 7 items .

Morley Countor Wah ,Ducan Power Grid , T-Rex Moller, T-Rex Mudhoney , Z.Vex Seek Wah  ,Jet City JCA100H , Jet City JCA20H .

Why then do I have to put up with this since  I'm not demoing any of those products .

460161077_IKwarning.thumb.jpg.bcc58e10b28ff045e8c376944f04d62d.jpg

This is starting to explain a lot to me like why is this FRACKIN app Amplitube 5 is such a resource HOG compared to Amplitube 4

WHY does Amplitube 5 need to be accessing  MY INTERNET while I am just using the App as standalone , While I have authorized all my products , and while I am NOT DEMOING products I do not own ....all 7 of them .

What is going on here,  does the Custom Shop have to run regardless of what I am doing ?  How do I disable that if it can be disabled ...

If all my purchases are authorized as they are  then what app is half arsed and at fault Amplitube , The Custom Shop . or The I.K. Product Manager?

For the record I have had my Wi Fi on and I am currently typing this while Amplitube 5 has that bogus dialog box still running  ..

Please get it together I K I have already up dated this product 5 times since I purchased it at 2.5 Gig a pop and it still wont let me slide a wave file in the 8 track recorder

Rant over

Kenny

Until they resolve this, you can minimize the agravation by simply rolling back to the previous version. 5.1.1 didn't include the try & buy integration so this screen is not in it. Just go to your product page (not the procuct manager) ann under your puschase there is a tab called 'past releases'. Just install 5.1.1 over what you currently got and you should be good to go.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 2