IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

19 minutes ago, mibby said:

Yes, and me, being a virtual rookie at the IK GB and missing out somehow Lars' sage advice, now have 3 picks remaining, and 4 X-Gear Pedals and 4 Tapes to decide between.  🤔

You can eliminate Tape 440 and 99 I think.  I think you will find the other two are the highest recommended options.  24 for cleaner with 80 for the bit more character - take em for a spin, I really do like the sound of both, but hate the CPU hit.

Not a huge fan of the X-Distortion, but if working all in the AT platform nice to have on hand, personally expected a little more "boutique" offerings in this one that just revised versions of classics where you can buy the real thing for less than $50.   But X-Space seems to be the only real option for high grade reverb within the loop in Amplitube, and to a lesser extent I'd say X-Time is the same sort of play.   (though I have to say, for the in the room style reverb, adding Sunset Sound Reverb after AT5 sounds amazing - and I'd be using X-Space more for "effect" reverb.

I do like X-Vibe to, but might feel redundant (though they absolutly sound different) as you do get a quite of few Modulation effects if you own AT5 with a bunch of the expansions already.  

I fully agree, you are in a tough choice spot.

Edited by Brian Walton

5 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

i have one freebie left to pick.

- arc software

- niel pert drums

- miroslav ce

- slash

which one shall it be?

If you don’t have speaker correction it’s useful.  I moved to sonarworks so I could also correct headphones but still use arc to compare sometimes.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 9:41 AM, cclarry said:

1.  YES
2, YES you can sell it - NO you do not lose the freebies
3. YES - ANY Paid product can be transferred - only products purchased with Gear Credits, or Freebies are NFR

Hey Lars, curious about your source on 2, re: the freebies. I’ve specifically raised this in a support question with IK, and instead of answering it, they instead answer a question I haven’t even asked.

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

We  want our 25th freebie. 
We  want our 25th freebie. 

WE WANT OUR 25th FREEBIE!

Hey, you already have 8 more freebies than you expected. That's pretty good, no?

GroverKen 14
Brian Lawler 15
Fleer 16
DeeringAmps  16
Larry 17
telecode 101 17
InstrEd 17
husker 18
Marc Cormier 18
Doug Rintoul 19 
kevin H 20
Peter 20
Bapu 21
Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann 24
Me 24

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

You can eliminate Tape 440 and 99 I think.  I think you will find the other two are the highest recommended options.  24 for cleaner with 80 for the bit more character - take em for a spin, I really do like the sound of both, but hate the CPU hit.

Not a huge fan of the X-Distortion, but if working all in the AT platform nice to have on hand, personally expected a little more "boutique" offerings in this one that just revised versions of classics where you can buy the real thing for less than $50.   But X-Space seems to be the only real option for high grade reverb within the loop in Amplitube, and to a lesser extent I'd say X-Time is the same sort of play.   (though I have to say, for the in the room style reverb, adding Sunset Sound Reverb after AT5 sounds amazing - and I'd be using X-Space more for "effect" reverb.

I do like X-Vibe to, but might feel redundant (though they absolutly sound different) as you do get a quite of few Modulation effects if you own AT5 with a bunch of the expansions already.  

I fully agree, you are in a tough choice spot.

We're mostly right on the same page.  I've been thinking X-Space and X-Time and either X-Vibe or a Tape Machine. I have a couple of tape options already and I'm not keen on the CPU thing, but the way everyone is gushing about them, just call it FOMO.  In regards to the last 2 X Pedals, there are a whole lot of options with amps and other FX in Amplitude...

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

Hey Lars, curious about your source on 2, re: the freebies. I’ve specifically raised this in a support question with IK, and instead of answering it, they instead answer a question I haven’t even asked.

They won't answer it because they don't want you to sell it...or to know that you can sell it
without losing the freebies.  You just have to wait 90 days to do it....

47 minutes ago, cclarry said:

They won't answer it because they don't want you to sell it...or to know that you can sell it
without losing the freebies.  You just have to wait 90 days to do it....

Actually about 2 minutes ago they finally answered me. You were right.👍 Thx:) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

i have one freebie left to pick.

- arc software  $99 level, and you still need a measurement mic. I grabbed the software, but I don't have a mic yet.

- niel pert drums - $79 level. The Legend! But I think that I already have plenty of drums, so I grabbed it because I could. Consider it if you are light on drums.

- miroslav ce  $149 level, but the $299 crossgrade full version is better. I have the full version, but it will probably be bumped aside by other orchestral libraries on my drive. Consider it if you are light on orchestral instruments.

- slash  $99 level. ***If you play guitar, I can't see you not wanting this.

which one shall it be?

"AmpliTube Slash is a suite of Slash's signature guitar effects, amps and cabs that he uses on tour and in the studio. We worked closely with Slash to recreate his rigs perfectly and Slash says we nailed it. Now you can play and record with the exact sounds that make the legend. Hear for yourself."

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/slashcs/index.php?p=gear

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, abacab said:

"AmpliTube Slash is a suite of Slash's signature guitar effects, amps and cabs that he uses on tour and in the studio. We worked closely with Slash to recreate his rigs perfectly and Slash says we nailed it. Now you can play and record with the exact sounds that make the legend. Hear for yourself."

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/slashcs/index.php?p=gear

I just dont like Slash. I hate G&R. The girl that was supposed to be my soul mate dumped me at a G&R concert. I spent the concert in the parking lot drinking hard liquor and banging the asphalt with my head. Puta! 🙂

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

11 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I just dont like Slash. I hate G&R. The girl that was supposed to be my soul mate dumped me at a G&R concert. I spent the concert in the parking lot drinking hard liquor and banging the asphalt with my head. Puta! 🙂

Im glad I suggested you get ARC hehe

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Tom B said:

I plan to get the ARC System software as a GB freebie.  Other than the IK MEMS mic',  what other measurement microphones have folks used successfully?  I've been looking at a couple of options.  

Would like to know too. 

2 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Would like to know too. 

Same here. I did notice that the IK Mems mic is in the mic list for the Mic Room plugin, so that's maybe a plus. But the shipping is pretty spensif...

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Tom B said:

I plan to get the ARC System software as a GB freebie.  Other than the IK MEMS mic',  what other measurement microphones have folks used successfully?  I've been looking at a couple of options.  

I had this which I had previously used with REW software and was able to use it with arc. But I needed to install ASIO4All. Luckily, it is only needed for the measurement part and I removed it afterwards. It comes with a calibration fiel. It worked flawlessly.

https://www.minidsp.com/products/acoustic-measurement/umik-1

But if you want to use the mic for other things than measurement, you might be better off with something like this Dayton:

https://www.daytonaudio.com/product/911/emm-6-electret-measurement-microphone

It comes with a calibration file too and will work great with arc I am sure.

Others (search this thread) have successfully used this Dayton using a conversion cable. It is cheap for sure, but sometimes you get what you pay for, so research it first.

https://www.daytonaudio.com/product/1117/imm-6-idevice-calibrated-measurement-microphone

• Thanks 2

Did anyone ever find an easier solution to unlocking all of the Amplitude models and  Sampletank extensions that didn't involve entering every single freebie's serial number into the Authorization Manager? That's what I've had to do so far, but after picking the rest of my freebies I'm wondering if there are any alternatives...