IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

1 hour ago, filo said:

I'm a little bit confused: How to qualify for the promotion. Purchase any of the qualifying products from the IK Online Store, Custom Shop or IK authorized resellers.

So I have bought 150 Gear credits at first and I want to purchase Electromagnetik as my qualifying product. But how to do that?

There is no option for paying with GC in IK online store and Electromagnetik is not available in Custom shop app ..

Am I miss something?

Yep, this is one of IK's confusing ways of gigging ya (no pun intended except as it applies to frogs) IMO.  It is in Custom Shop but NOT as a collection as offered on the website.  The reasoning is that it is already discounted $50 (GB purchase of $149).  In Custom Shop, you have to purchase the four products individually at $49/ea.  Which could work out better in the end. e.g. if you buy one at a time, you would have four GB Buy-ins but only at $50/ea.  Depending on what you need, could be 100 products of $49 and less (if there is that many available).

Edited by Fwrend
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

B & H say they have it in stock . For my local area their add says it ships free ...

Either way I still have to deal with the car reg... first ...I can't do both unless I plan on eating Ramen noodles again  for weeks on end .😨

No way ! I ain't going back to that . As far as I know The Ramen Noodle company don't take Jam Points  😉

If I was to get both my car and my mic sorted out on the fast track , my only other option would be to show up at The dollar Store , put on a sad face and ask them to give me  $ .50 cents worth of Ramen  :P

All kidding aside , Is shipping a lot for you because your in another country other than The US ?

Kenny

I don't know bruh.. you may want to revisit your priorities in life. Ramen has been good for lots of successful people.. They are one of the biggest and most influential labels in modern rock history.. 🙂

https://www.instagram.com/fueledby/?hl=en

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, filo said:

I'm a little bit confused: How to qualify for the promotion. Purchase any of the qualifying products from the IK Online Store, Custom Shop or IK authorized resellers.

So I have bought 150 Gear credits at first and I want to purchase Electromagnetik as my qualifying product. But how to do that?

There is no option for paying with GC in IK online store and Electromagnetik is not available in Custom shop app ..

Am I miss something?

You can only use Gear Credits in Custom Shop. So use the 150 GC to purchase Amplitube.

Then pick the 4 Elektromagnetic instruments as separate freebies from among the 24 freebies that you will qualify for.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Where does one get a calibration mic ? 

Kenny

I got the following for under $30:

Dayton Audio iMM-6 Calibrated... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADR2B84?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

aceyoon Trrs Extension Cable 10ft... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B093715WVJ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

It worked for my laptop  if I used it just for the mic, with the audio output going through a different audio interface (not headphone jack).

You may need a different adapter depending on what you’re plugging into.

In retrospect, I would get this instead but it’s backordered:

https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-iMM-6S-iDevice-Calibrated-Microphone-Straight-390-812

Edited by ALC
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

FWIW.. I think I am gonna pass on the Arc 3. I have a lot of other issues in my setup.. and probably should invest in a lot more rockwool first. Also, Arc 3 and the mic and software will come included in an iLoud MTM purchase,  if or when, I upgrade by old studio monitors. I will probably complete my ST 4 and AT 5  collections. I am finding it a really good ecosystem. I really like the idea the IKM Talks dude on YU does which is make a present that empties out all the effects quickly in ST4 patches. It's been a life saver. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Also, Arc 3 and the mic and software will come included in an iLoud MTM purchase,  if or when, I upgrade by old studio monitors. 

Does it come with ARC?  I thought it just comes with the mic?  ARC 3 will calibrate with 21 readings vs. just one with the iLoud MTM.

2 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I have one slot left . I find your answer a better choice than just grabbing another plug I may or may not use .

Where does one get a calibration mic ? 

Kenny

@kennywtelejazz PM me if you haven't purchased one yet.

Edited by Bapu
  • Like 1