IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

13 hours ago, NOLAGuy said:

Yes, but if the GB ends tomorow . . . .

What makes you think it will end tomorrow?  Are you saying that once 25,000 registered products are reached, there can be no more registering of products?  Is that how Group Buys work?

HOW TO JOIN THIS GROUP BUY?
From August 5 through October 31 2021, simply purchase and register any of the qualifying products from our online store, IK authorized resellers or from the Custom Shop and get your choice of [X] other qualifying products of equal or lesser value (limited to software only). 

Promotion is valid from August 5, 2021 through October 31, 2021.

Date of registration is decisive - The purchased product must be registered between August 5, 2021 and October 31, 2021.

UPDATE:  

2 minutes ago, abacab said:
5 minutes ago, User 905133 said:

So, is it true that anyone can now get on board with getting 24 free from the list by buying one qualifying item (or can get 24 more by buying a second, or third, or fourth . . . item)? 

You get 24 more each time you buy in, at the level you buy into.

Edited by User 905133
(2) to add an update; (1) to add 3 quotations that specifically reference October 31, 2021.

13 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

I see 0 to go. The goal has been reached.

Now I need to decide what to get with the last items I have to pick.

If anyone wants to chime in.

- Alan Parsons Piano

- Arc 3 software

- Miroslav 2 CE

- Rest of the AT 5 little stuff

If you have a calibration mic, Arc3 is a good choice. It may not be as exciting as other plugins, but will help every day! My sound is completly transformed with it. Everything is clearer since it takes a lot out of the low end in a small bedroom studio. I should say, it twkes out low end muddinesss that hides clarity and details. As usual: YMMV!

• Like 1

I'm a little bit confused: How to qualify for the promotion. Purchase any of the qualifying products from the IK Online Store, Custom Shop or IK authorized resellers.

So I have bought 150 Gear credits at first and I want to purchase Electromagnetik as my qualifying product. But how to do that?

There is no option for paying with GC in IK online store and Electromagnetik is not available in Custom shop app ..

Am I miss something?

5 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I have one slot left . I find your answer a better choice than just grabbing another plug I may or may not use .

Where does one get a calibration mic ? 

Kenny

Your best bet is probably direct from IK:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/arcmic/

Arc does support other calibration mics, but good ones are more like a $100. Theirs will be cheaper especially if you have jam points. You can also use that mic witn mic room which is a big plus since when the measurement is done it gives other uses to the mic.

I was able to use a calibration mic I already owned, which was very nice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

If you have a calibration mic, Arc3 is a good choice. It may not be as exciting as other plugins, but will help every day! My sound is completly transformed with it. Everything is clearer since it takes a lot out of the low end in a small bedroom studio. I should say, it twkes out low end muddinesss that hides clarity and details. As usual: YMMV!

I don't have a room. I work in a concrete basement. So an Arc would do me no good. But I am in the process of building a room. I have one wall done and installed. Need to do 3 more walls and a door. So I was debating picking this up and then a separate MEMS mic. The the reality is, I am mostly a player.. not an engineer. So just not sure if I will ever really make use of it.

(I finally wrapping up my unversity degree in December and will now have all the time in the world to do the walls. never going to skule again!)

• Like 1

This is it! We made it to the 25,000 participants and 24 freebies! 🥳 Thanks IK for all the stuff we have to play with now and hosting the best sale ever, not only of the decade! 👍

Thanks to everyone here for participating in this very entertaining thread, complete with one thread close! But we have beaten KVR anyway! 💪

I want to extend a special thanks to @Peter - IK Multimedia for his support here and work on getting everyone a bunch of extra choices! This GB wouldn't have been the same without your involvement. You were very patient! 🙏👏👍

So now is the time to check our list of participants for the guess the number of freebies contest:

GroverKen 14
Brian Lawler 15
Fleer 16
DeeringAmps  16
Larry 17
telecode 101 17
InstrEd 17
husker 18
Marc Cormier 18
Doug Rintoul 19 
kevin H 20
Peter 20
Bapu 21
Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann 24
Me 24 <-- this guy wasn't allowed to enter the contest

It is my extreme pleasure to crown @Eusebio Rufian-Zilbermann the grand IK group buy visionary and our winner! 🥳👏

If this would have been a real contest, here are the prizes you could have won:

• a heated kidney shaped pool,
  • a microwave oven--don't watch the food cook,
  • a Dyna-Gym--I'll personally demonstrate it in the privacy of your own home,
  • a kingsize Titanic unsinkable Molly Brown waterbed with polybendum,
  • a foolproof plan and an airtight alibi,
  • real simulated Indian jewelry,
  • a Gucci shoetree,
  • a year's supply of antibiotics,
  • a personally autographed picture of Randy Mantooth
  • and Bob Dylan's new unlisted phone number,
  • a beautifully restored 3rd Reich swizzle stick,
  • Rosemary's baby,
  • a dream date in kneepads with Paul Williams,
  • a new Matador,
  • a new mastadon,
  • a Maverick,
  • a Mustang,
  • a Montego,
  • a Merc Montclair,
  • a Mark IV,
  • a meteor,
  • a Mercedes,
  • an MG,
  • or a Malibu,
  • a Mort Moriarty,
  • a Maserati,
  • a Mac truck,
  • a Mazda,
  • a new Monza,
  • or a moped,
  • a Winnebago--Hell, a herd of Winnebago's we're giving 'em away,
  • or how about a McCulloch chainsaw,
  • a Las Vegas wedding,
  • a Mexican divorce,
  • a solid gold Kama Sutra coffee pot,
  • or a baby's arm holding an apple?

Taken from the end of the lyrics of 'What Do You Want From Life' by the Tubes

See ya all next year!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Wow that's a great idea ! I had no idea I K  had the calibration mic for sale as a separate purchase  . Your suggestion may turn out to be a game changer for my situation .

thank you ,

Kenny

cheaper at B&H if they get stock.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1633237-REG/ik_multimedia_ac_250_mic_in_mems_microphone_for_arc.html

from IKM.. with Jams it would be $100 for me. as the Mic is $50 and the shipping is another $45 😞

Edited by telecode 101
  • Sad 1