IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

57 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I didn't hit anything yet, because I don't celebrate until we are there.  To be 100% serious we should have been there by now.  This is an insane deal and 25,000 people isn't really that huge a number to be honest.  I'm not mad, just disappointed :)  OK that last part wasn't 100% serious.  Just about 75% serious.

I went to guitar center for the first time in at least 5 years to do the 4th GB buy in thanks to the hardware addition.  The kiosk at the front of the store was basically all IKM products, I was shocked to see this.  But the stunned look on my face only continued as I brought up the group buy to the sales associates of which none of them had a clue what I was talking about.

If I worked there you can be certain I'd be selling that stuff like hot cakes with the promise of buy this and get a whole mess of software for free.  I realize GC associates get a bad rap, but this makes me wonder how information is being provided at the corporate level.  

Point being I agree 25k should have been hit a long time ago but seems like all the available spread the word channels were perhaps underperforming.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I didn't hit anything yet, because I don't celebrate until we are there.  To be 100% serious we should have been there by now.  This is an insane deal and 25,000 people isn't really that huge a number to be honest.  I'm not mad, just disappointed :)  OK that last part wasn't 100% serious.  Just about 75% serious.

We are very grateful that you stuck it out and continued to push us to bigger and better things. I was going to sit this one out but ended up quintuple dipping. It has actually saved me some money because when I see a sale on something that I might be interested in, I tell myself, "Naw. You have so many IKM things to check out, You don't have time for this too." I wonder how long that will last?

@Peter - IK Multimedia I am pretty sure there is an error in the latest mailing from IKM that you might want to check out. The mailing is talking about the T-Racks tape machine collection and how if you buy a tape machine from it, you can get 24 other software titles. See if you can spot the problem with following:

image.thumb.png.f716a401e92a26477d541a284a4bfb3f.png

I don't think that is suppose to say TASCAM TAPE COLLECTION, unless you are adding it as a qualifying product.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

8 hours ago, abacab said:

If you study the signal path you will notice that everything is mono, up until the mixer. Then the output of the mixer is stereo (where it has stereo inputs from Room & Bus) . The looper appears to be a stereo device. So not sure it would make sense to place it up front?

I would like to use it for  tweaking/reamping. 

Could someone confirm that if I pay €149.99 for Electromagnetik or Cinekinetik collection it will give me the freebies in the €200 tier?

And if I buy two qualifying products at two different price levels I will get twice the freebies but half of those freebies will be of lesser value than the other half?

Edited by Pseudopop
typo

43 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

Could someone confirm that if I pay €149.99 for Electromagnetik or Cinekinetik collection it will give me the freebies in the €200 tier?

And if I buy two qualifying products at two different price levels I will get twice the freebies but half of those freebies will be of lesser value than the other half?

Peter has stated that the Electromagnetik or Cinekinetik collections will only get you in at the $149.99 level. The $50 savings comes from buying the bundle as opposed to buying each library in the bundle separately. 

Your second statement is correct.

• Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Yup, and jam points if you have them. You should be able to get into the $200 level for about $112 if you have 48 jam points.

Yeah, I'm trying to decide between 225 and 300 gear credits. I already have 25 gear credits, and since I have Total Studio 2 MAX I think one entry at €200 and another at €50 would get me everything I'm missing, but I'm not sure if there is something interesting in the freebies that are above the €50 level.

300 gear credits would be the best bang for the buck, but that might end up being money wasted.

Edited by Pseudopop

17 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

but I'm not sure if there is something interesting in the freebies that are above the €50 level.

Is there any (maybe official?) list where is stated what GB freebie I can get?

I know new Tascam collection is not included in GB and guess it is not about just this item.

Edited by filo

598 to go

I currently have 3 freebies left to choose. I plan on getting T-tacks 5 which means I'll have doubled Dyna-Mu unfortunately since I got that early on separately, but overall I've done pretty good keeping track of what is included in bundles. I also plan on adding SaturatorX so the other 1 (or 2 if we make it) I'm still going back and forth on. I am in at the $149.99 so I was able to get Modu Drums which comes with 2 kits. I wish we could make additions to it like with Amplitube, but it still looks like it will be a great resource with only the 2 kits.

5 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia I am pretty sure there is an error in the latest mailing from IKM that you might want to check out. The mailing is talking about the T-Racks tape machine collection and how if you buy a tape machine from it, you can get 24 other software titles. See if you can spot the problem with following:

image.thumb.png.f716a401e92a26477d541a284a4bfb3f.png

I don't think that is suppose to say TASCAM TAPE COLLECTION, unless you are adding it as a qualifying product.

Or as freebies.
Yes! Yes! Yes!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Jake Waidelich said:

598 to go

I currently have 3 freebies left to choose. I plan on getting T-tacks 5 which means I'll have doubled Dyna-Mu unfortunately since I got that early on separately, but overall I've done pretty good keeping track of what is included in bundles. I also plan on adding SaturatorX so the other 1 (or 2 if we make it) I'm still going back and forth on. I am in at the $149.99 so I was able to get Modu Drums which comes with 2 kits. I wish we could make additions to it like with Amplitube, but it still looks like it will be a great resource with only the 2 kits.

I think a lot of the stuff that is in AT 5 Max that is not in AT 5 is included.  I have been picking up various amps and effects from AT 5 Max. I think I just have the ENGL's left. I am waiting to see if IKM will add any other items into the selection before I use them up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, filo said:

Is there any (maybe official?) list where is stated what GB freebie I can get?

I know new Tascam collection is not included in GB and guess it is not about just this item.

from the GB FAQ:

WHAT PRODUCTS CAN I CHOOSE FOR MY FREE ONES?
You can choose any software product in the “Qualifying Products” section above of equal or lesser value than the product you registered. This excludes hardware products. ARC System 3 is available as a free product only as the "Software Only" version.

In addition a few products are marked as "Not selectable as a free product for 25 Anniversary Group Buy promotion." like the Electromagnetik and Cinekinetik bundles.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

@Peter - IK Multimedia

Question here.  What is the buy in  amount if I wanted to add the X-Pedal software?  I see them added to the list but if they are only $49.99 buy in I would help the GB along even though I probably would be left with plenty unfilled freebies or duplicates.

They are $150 each for the software version.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1