IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

Does anyone happen to know if there is a easier of saner way to backup all the individual zip files of SampleTank other than downloading them one at a time? I am doing this from a system at work which is not my DAW. Just hoping to download and backup this data without installing it via  Product Manager. 

Only downloading from your account, to my knowledge. But you can ctrl/or shift-select more than one library to speed things up a bit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

yes. but product manager only has the option to install ST4 . It does not have an option to download only.

But you should be able to access and bkup those d/l'd files in the folder that you choose IK PM to d/l them to.

8 hours ago, chris.r said:

Or go with 200GC for $159,99 minus your jampoints, then you should land around $120 (not sure, you'll have to check-it-out at checkout) and enter the party with $199,99 price level :). What product do you keep an eye on?

Amplitube SE + Collections primarily.  But I'm still not convinced I need more amps then I have now. Pure GAS nightmare. 🙂

Edited by filo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Grem said:

But you should be able to access and bkup those d/l'd files in the folder that you choose IK PM to d/l them to.

I am basically doing this through my work network as I can't be arsed to do it at home. I don't want to install SampleTank on a work computer. I just want to download to a external drive for backup.

I am just trying to just download the data. I don't want to install it. It looks like Program Manager will only download if you install. To download, only, looks like you have to go in one by one and download the files in groups.

4 hours ago, filo said:

Amplitube SE + Collections primarily.  But I'm still not convinced I need more amps then I have now. Pure GAS nightmare. 🙂

This group buy seems to allow you to get pretty much all of AT5 MAX (depending on how many times you enter the $99 tier).

FWIW.. I only used AT 5 SE before this. I got pretty much almost all the collections and rest of MAX in this GB. I would say it really depends how you use AT 5 and what sort of music you do and tones you go after. Having the larger selection of amps, effects and mics allows for all sorts of crazy virtual combinations to try to get some sort of sound design happening with guitars. I experiment a lot of different mic's and try to see how whacky I can get it. Its so much easier in virtual drag and drop world than real world.

• Like 2

1066 or 1067 or.....

I love the counter, I’m one of those people who do the same thing over and over and over, expecting different results. 
the IK counter “delivers” every time!!

see; I’m NOT the one that’s crazy...

🙃

t

Edited by DeeringAmps
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DeeringAmps said:

1066 or 1067 or.....

I love the counter, I’m one of those people who do the same thing over and over and over, expecting different results. 
the IK counter “delivers” every time!!

see; I’m NOT the one that’s crazy...

🙃

t

its probably going to hit the 25k count in a week i guess

• Like 1

I'll try not to disrupt the thread, but I see others asking for advice on their purchases / freebies. I got into the GB by purchasing ST4.  All is working fine, but what I notice is the volume automation on my midi tracks in Cakewalk is not impacting the volume of the instruments selected in ST4. In Kontakt there is an option in the instrument settings to " accept standard controllers for volume and pan" which basically "tells" Kontakt to use the volume automation from the midi track ( or not, as the case may be ). Is there a similar setting somewhere in the depths of ST4 that I have not been able to find yet?

1 hour ago, IainThompson said:

I'll try not to disrupt the thread, but I see others asking for advice on their purchases / freebies. I got into the GB by purchasing ST4.  All is working fine, but what I notice is the volume automation on my midi tracks in Cakewalk is not impacting the volume of the instruments selected in ST4. In Kontakt there is an option in the instrument settings to " accept standard controllers for volume and pan" which basically "tells" Kontakt to use the volume automation from the midi track ( or not, as the case may be ). Is there a similar setting somewhere in the depths of ST4 that I have not been able to find yet?

You have to use the "MIDI learn" function. Its in the documentation.

4 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

Having the larger selection of amps, effects and mics allows for all sorts of crazy virtual combinations to try to get some sort of sound design happening with guitars. I experiment a lot of different mic's and try to see how whacky I can get it. Its so much easier in virtual drag and drop world than real world.

Unfortunately I have found a huge dealbreaker for me -  undo/redo commands are not implemented in AT5!  I'm unsurprisingly not only one who miss this feature: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26237&start=75#p112674

@Peter - IK Multimedia , do you have any explanation why it is not supported?  Or Does IK have any  future plans about this feature?

Edited by filo

8 hours ago, filo said:

If you at least get into AmpliTube 5 for the SE version, you will get the custom VIR tech with 600 impulses per speaker, 3D mic tech view, 3 simultaneous amp & cabs, the mixer, looper, & 8-track recorder. These features are not available in the CS version of AT5.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, filo said:

Unfortunately I have found a huge dealbreaker for me -  undo/redo commands are not implemented in AT5!  I'm unsurprisingly not only one who miss this feature: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26237&start=75#p112674

@Peter - IK Multimedia , do you have any explanation why it is not supported?  Or Does IK have any  future plans about this feature?

I don't know what I would "explain", it isn't a feature of AmpliTube 5 but you are welcome to request it in the wishlist thread or directly to the team.  I will also relay it, but best if it comes from users.

• Like 1

I'm gonna have 16 or 17 unused unless they add something to the $49 bracket.  Too bad when I click on promotions that is doesn't say "dude you don't have this!"  One of these days I'm gonna had to do an all IK project. Imagine what someone whose starting would get for a $49 investment. 

42 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

I'm gonna have 16 or 17 unused unless they add something to the $49 bracket.  Too bad when I click on promotions that is doesn't say "dude you don't have this!"  One of these days I'm gonna had to do an all IK project. Imagine what someone whose starting would get for a $49 investment. 

Unless you have Amplitube Max, seems like there were a bunch added in there that were (MAX only) options - usually in the $10-35 range.  To help with the $49 tier fill up.  

(Dr Z amp and cabs were worth more to me than many of those low end ST libraries at the $49 spot)

28 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Unless you have Amplitube Max, seems like there were a bunch added in there that were (MAX only) options - usually in the $10-35 range.  To help with the $49 tier fill up.  

(Dr Z amp and cabs were worth more to me than many of those low end ST libraries at the $49 spot)

What happened to me is that I picked up the Total Studio 2 Maxgrade crossgrade the last time it was offered for a discount. It included AmpliTube 4 MAX, so I got all of the nickel/dime gear.

So I have used as many GB freebie slots as I could for the available collections and extra gear that wasn't part of AT4 MAX. Now I have AT5 SE, fully loaded! I also  filled out T-RackS 5 MAX with all of the TR5 modules released since MAX. And the same for SampleTank. I now have everything in the freebie list available at the $149 level.

And still  have 15 freebie  slots that cannot be used!

Edited by abacab