IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

14 minutes ago, NOLAGuy said:

Appreciate some help in understanding the licensing use of these IK software products.

With IK it was always up to 10 authorizations before the need of contacting support and asking for a reset. :) I think with the Product Manager now it's even possible to de-authorize but can't say for sure as I don't use PM myself.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, abacab said:

T-RackS Space Delay is an available freebie!

10 hours ago, mibby said:

It IS  a GB option, I picked it up!

Yep, my bad.  Not sure what I was looking at.  Perhaps I thought my second buy-in was at $99 but it wasn't, only $79 so Space Delay wasn't showing up as a freebie.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, Billy said:

YMMV, but there's a statement on their group buy main page in bold that says "Free selected promotional products cannot be products you already have registered in your account nor products you have already chosen in the Group Buy".

Interesting, but if you were to first sell an original license purchased before this Group Buy, before selecting the same product  as a freebie in this Group Buy…….I guess it might depend on how “have registered” is interpreted. BTW, going this convoluted route is not my preference, but I’ll otherwise run out of practical options. 

3 hours ago, Brian Walton said:

If I buy iRig HD 2 to enter the goup buy for a 4th time, what is it that is registed?  The device itself or the software?  

I ask becuase I already have AT5 as one buy in from the group buy, and according to the marketing it sounds like you can't buy into the group buy with something you already have.  If it is the device that is registered, I should be fine as I don't have any IKM hardware.

The hardware device registration is the qualifier so you'll be fine.

2 hours ago, NOLAGuy said:

Appreciate some help in understanding the licensing use of these IK software products. If I have say Sampletank4 loaded/registered to my studio PC, can I have it (a copy) also loaded to my development/learning/testing PC (same house, same IP address, about 30' apart) or on a travelling laptop,under the single IK license?

Most all of my other products and software allow use on a second PC which might be a test/backup/live-play machine on the same license, or in some cases through the keeping a license on the cloud or an iLok USB key to share across machines. The underlying concept is to not be using multiple installations at the same time for different purposes.

You can install on up to three machines, just not for simultaneous use (like you said, "not to be using multiple installations at the same time for different purposes" basically).  Our EULA and other legal information is at https://www.ikmultimedia.com/legal

But 1. who wants to read that and 2. why would you because I gave you the answer and I hope it helps.  :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, chris.r said:

I think with the Product Manager now it's even possible to de-authorize but can't say for sure as I don't use PM myself.

Yes, you're right. You can de-authorize in the Product Manager. And it brings the number of available authorizations back up when you do it so you can see how many you have available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Helping the cause... Did my 3rd Buy yesterday. Just wanted to scoop up the complete (22) Syntronik Synth libraries, adding 75Gb to my Sounds/Samples Drive.

So this 25th GB has (so far) netted me 69 promo products and 3 Buys , 72 total products to keep me busy exploring my treasures!

Thank you IKMultimedia and Peter!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Could I ask you for help? I have zero experience with buying anything from IK online.

Now I'm thinking about  joining to the GB sale at $149 level.  I have 43 jampoints.  What is the best (the lowest costs) approach for me?  I know there are virtual Gear Credits but have no idea if I can  use jam points for decreasing of final price (paid in GC). Or combine e.g. 100 GC + 43 jampoint + $6 by Paypal/Credit card ...

Thank you for you advice.

Edited by filo

2 minutes ago, filo said:

Could I ask you for help? I have zero experience with buying anything from IK online.

Now I'm thinking about  joining to the GB sale at $149 level.  I have 43 jampoints.  What is the best (the lowest costs) approach?  I know there are gear credits but have no idea if I can  use jam points for decreasing of final price (paid in GC).

You buy the 150 Gear Credits at the IK Store for $134.99, plus you can apply up to 30% of that using Jam Points (so for as low as $95 if you have 40 Jam Points).

>>> https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?R=INIT&FV=all-credits-family-related-products&CV=Other Filter&PSEL=allcredits

Then you purchase your qualifying item in the Custom Shop using these 150 fresh Gear Credits! You are in the GB at the $149 level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, filo said:

Now I'm thinking about  joining to the GB sale at $149 level.  I have 43 jampoints.  What is the best (the lowest costs) approach for me?  I know there are virtual Gear Credits but have no idea if I can  use jam points for decreasing of final price (paid in GC). Or combine e.g. 100 GC + 43 jampoint + $6 by Paypal/Credit card ...

I got in at the $149 level too with the ARC 3 w Mic because I've been eying it for a long time but also because you couldn't pick it as a freebie...  $104 or so with Jam Points.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:
1 hour ago, filo said:

Now I'm thinking about  joining to the GB sale at $149 level.  I have 43 jampoints.  What is the best (the lowest costs) approach?  I know there are gear credits but have no idea if I can  use jam points for decreasing of final price (paid in GC).

You buy the 150 Gear Credits at the IK Store for $134.99, plus you can apply up to 30% of that using Jam Points (so for as low as $95 if you have 40 Jam Points).

Or go with 200GC for $159,99 minus your jampoints, then you should land around $120 (not sure, you'll have to check-it-out at checkout) and enter the party with $199,99 price level :). What product do you keep an eye on?

Does anyone happen to know if there is a easier of saner way to backup all the individual zip files of SampleTank other than downloading them one at a time? I am doing this from a system at work which is not my DAW. Just hoping to download and backup this data without installing it via  Product Manager. 

25 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Does anyone happen to know if there is a easier of saner way to backup all the individual zip files of SampleTank other than downloading them one at a time? I am doing this from a system at work which is not my DAW. Just hoping to download and backup this data without installing it via  Product Manager. 

That's why they developed Product Manager. It used to be a real pain in the a** to do it that way.

• Like 1