IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

6 minutes ago, Zo said:

I want to sell my old stuff and get them free then , this is the play , for exmple lursen and then get it as freebee here , you know what i mean .

Isnt jampoints are 30% max witch would bring it to 140 ?

yeah. i think that would work. if you bought Lurrsen in the past  outside of this group buy.. you can try to sell it. then pickup Lurrsen again as a freebie.

14 minutes ago, Zo said:

200 Gear Credits are available in the store at a discount, so you can buy them at a discount + 30% off with Jam Points.

>>> https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?R=INIT&FV=all-credits-family-related-products&CV=Other Filter&PSEL=allcredits

Then make your purchase in the Custom Shop with Gear Credits.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

13 minutes ago, Zo said:

I want to sell my old stuff and get them free then , this is the play , for exmple lursen and then get it as freebee here , you know what i mean .

Yes, 30% max, but you can buy 200 gear points (enough to get AT5) for $160 and use 30% of JamPoints off of $160.

19 minutes ago, Zo said:

Great idea, but not to burst anyone's bubble, but the resale demand for IK products may be low for the foreseeable future, since this group buy very likely saturated the resale market.

So let's do the math so far...

As of today there are 23,437 participants who will receive 23 free products each. That's 537,051 IK products that people will not be planning to buy, either new or used.

Supply vs. demand. Econ 101.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

16 minutes ago, abacab said:

So let's do the math so far...

As of today there are 23,437 participants….

…at an average investment of $199 to enter GB that is a total of $4.7M gross profit.  10% cut for members of this forum who worked hard to promote this GB puts us at a commission check of $47K.  Peter, when should we expect the check?  :)

• Great Idea 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zo said:

I wish Peter could chime in on this. Unless I can do this, a bunch of my freebie “choices” will be wasted.

40 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

I wish Peter could chime in on this. Unless I can do this, a bunch of my freebie “choices” will be wasted.

A clarification would be helpful, so we know what is technically permitted.

But in reality, I imagine resales might actually be difficult with all of the recent "supply" increases.

1 hour ago, kevin H said:

…at an average investment of $199 to enter GB that is a total of $4.7M gross profit.  10% cut for members of this forum who worked hard to promote this GB puts us at a commission check of $47K.  Peter, when should we expect the check?  :)

Yeah, but after you take out Peter's well deserved big bonus, how much is really left? 😉

But I think the calculation should be done with a more realistic average of $100 per entry when you factor in jam points and the gear credit route.

Edited by Jacques Boileau
  • Like 1

First, since everybody is asking - no the brand-new TASCAM Collection nor its individual processors are part of the group nor are they planned to be.  However, not only are they at intro pricing, but if you have (purchased, not GB or otherwise freebie) T-RackS 5/Deluxe/MAX, TS2/3, or 5+ (purchased, not GB or otherwise freebie) T-RackS processors you will have an autoapplied 30% coupon so you don't have to use your JamPoints - or you may not have any left after the group buy!

Second, those calculations are way off though I wish they were right and that I was getting that kind of bonus because of them :)  Alas, that's not the case though we're happy the group buy is going well.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

First, since everybody is asking - no the brand-new TASCAM Collection nor its individual processors are part of the group nor are they planned to be.  However, not only are they at intro pricing, but if you have (purchased, not GB or otherwise freebie) T-RackS 5/Deluxe/MAX, TS2/3, or 5+ (purchased, not GB or otherwise freebie) T-RackS processors you will have an autoapplied 30% coupon so you don't have to use your JamPoints - or you may not have any left after the group buy!

Second, those calculations are way off though I wish they were right and that I was getting that kind of bonus because of them :)  Alas, that's not the case though we're happy the group buy is going well.

Not included if somebody buy tracks max ?

Just now, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

No it is not, as T-RackS MAX includes the items available when it was released.  Even the Comprexxor addition was a very limited time (it is no longer included) as it came out fairly close to the TS3 MAX release.

Thks Peter , is the cpu hit same a s other tapes or was it lowered ? Don't have the time to test before 2 dayz

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Thks Peter , is the cpu hit same a s other tapes or was it lowered ? Don't have the time to test before 2 dayz

Being that there are 19 days left, I'm not sure what you are asking. But I am also wondering about how the CPU compares to the other tape machine simulators.  If they are the same, I will probably pass on them as I have enough high CPU fx and tape and consoles already. 

6 hours ago, LAGinz said:

YMMV, but there's a statement on their group buy main page in bold that says "Free selected promotional products cannot be products you already have registered in your account nor products you have already chosen in the Group Buy".

4 hours ago, Zo said:

It depends on the machine, the Porta One would be lowest but they will vary so you would do best to test them and see how they do on your system.  There's plenty of time for the intro pricing, too, nothing to worry about there.

• Thanks 1

If I buy iRig HD 2 to enter the goup buy for a 4th time, what is it that is registed?  The device itself or the software?  

I ask becuase I already have AT5 as one buy in from the group buy, and according to the marketing it sounds like you can't buy into the group buy with something you already have.  If it is the device that is registered, I should be fine as I don't have any IKM hardware.

10 hours ago, Fwrend said:

Thoughts?  Being only a closet guitarist (lean more Classic Rock/R&B than Heavy Mtl), which would you recommend at the $199 level?  Looks like I'll have two freebies left and won't buy-in again. 

I have everything IK (minus Space Delay which isn't an GB option & the full Miroslav) so these are my choices: 

Joe Satriani
Dimebag Darrell CFH
X-Drive
X-Space
X-Time
X-Vibe

Regarding the Joe Satriani, it gives you an updated version of the 5150 amp, a Rockman, and the Satch VM.  The VM is actually fairly versatile.  There's a freaky octave fuzz in there, the Boss overdrive which isn't part of A5, and the Chandler tube driver.  A few decent drives if you don't want to go full metal.

Many people who like JC-120s will tell you that the one in CFH is really good.  I haven't played the Randall much, but if I remember right, it's good for really clean or heavy grind and the points in between are best skipped over.  I think the standout in that package is the MXR Flanger/Doubler, and the noise gate is pretty decent. 

As far as the X-Drives go, they aren't just a repackaging of Amplitube effects.  In some cases, the models are improved.  For example, the Cat in X-Gear is much better sounding and more versatile  than the Pro Drive from Amplitube.  I'd say the same thing for the Big Muff model.  Of course there are some X-Gear models that they don't have in Amplitube, especially in the reverbs and delays.  The X-Vibe is probably the least essential as many of its effects are covered with Amplitube.

• Thanks 1

Appreciate some help in understanding the licensing use of these IK software products. If I have say Sampletank4 loaded/registered to my studio PC, can I have it (a copy) also loaded to my development/learning/testing PC (same house, same IP address, about 30' apart) or on a travelling laptop,under the single IK license?

Most all of my other products and software allow use on a second PC which might be a test/backup/live-play machine on the same license, or in some cases through the keeping a license on the cloud or an iLok USB key to share across machines. The underlying concept is to not be using multiple installations at the same time for different purposes.

Edited by NOLAGuy
clarify
  • Like 1