IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

2 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Peter, is there an easy way for us to figure out what we don’t already  have in Amplitube? I tried looking at the Custom Shop function for that, but it doesn’t look like it’s necessarily catching everything.  Also,  are  you saying eg. if 3 years ago I purchased a license for A, which allowed me to get a free or reduced price for B and C, I cannot now sell my license to A without losing B and C?  Not sure how I could even retrace that history, and if that’s the case, I probably will have five to ten unused pics when this is all over. I would gladly use 2 or 3 freebies alone for the mems mic that goes with ARC. 

You can do it in Amplitube itself. 

image.png.b793917ed02ec5828c8edc4d049781db.png

Click on the icon below the three lines until you see an x in a circle (like above) and it will only show the gear you do not own.

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Interesting. The only thing that I can think of is that the MSRP is $299.00 but IKM is now selling it for $249.99. To be honest, there are not that many freebies at the $299 level.

True, but still 2 (Miroslav Philharmonik 2 and T-RackS 5 Deluxe).

18 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Interesting. The only thing that I can think of is that the MSRP is $299.00 but IKM is now selling it for $249.99. To be honest, there are not that many freebies at the $299 level.

Adding to the post above - There are a few if you don't have prevoius things that drop your cross grade type of price down.

Mixbox, Modo Drum, Modo Bass, Hammond are all $300 at multiple retailers

Edited by Brian Walton

3 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Adding to the post above - There are a few if you don't have prevoius things that drop your cross grade type of price down.

Mixbox, Modo Drum, Modo Bass, Hammond are all $300 at multiple retailers

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe all of those items could be had at the $199 level. If you already bought anything for $99 or higher, that unlocks the crossgrade pricing.

Full MSRP for Hammond B-3X and MODO Drum is $199, and CROSSGRADE to MODO Bass  and MixBox is $199.

However, Miroslav 2  CROSSGRADE is $299. The T-RacksS 5 MAX CROSSGRADE is the same as T-RackS 5 Deluxe full MSRP at  $299.

I cannot check the available freebies for the $199 or $299 levels, because my highest level reached is $149.

26 minutes ago, abacab said:

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but I believe all of those items could be had at the $199 level. If you already bought anything for $99 or higher, that unlocks the crossgrade pricing.

Full MSRP for Hammond B-3X and MODO Drum is $199, and CROSSGRADE to MODO Bass  and MixBox is $199.

However, Miroslav 2  CROSSGRADE is $299. The T-RacksS 5 MAX CROSSGRADE is the same as T-RackS 5 Deluxe full MSRP at  $299.

I cannot check the available freebies for the $199 or $299 levels, because my highest level reached is $149.

I'm not exactly sure how the cross grade works (as I was able to get each of those at the $199 level myself - but did have a number of related and semi-related plugins already).

I can confirm the cross grade on on Miroslav 2 and T-RacksS 5 MAx is $299, as I wasn't able to get either of those despite having a number of T-Racks Plugins as well as the Lighter version of Miroslave already and I bought in at the $200 level as one of my group buys.

34 minutes ago, abacab said:

I was able to get Miroslav 2 crossgrade with my UNO Drum. T-racks MAX is apparently not part of the GB. Deluxe is available for me (which I might get despite the various doubles, but that is the price I pay for not listening to Larry and wait it out). I'm a bit lost.

3 hours ago, Zo said:

Hi Peter thks  ..... i think iwasn't clear , i don't want to sell what i'm gonna buy , i wanna sell what i already have in my account from previous pucchases and so i was asking if for exemple i bought Lurssen Console  and got several freee plugin , i could choose lurseen in this group buy as a freebee and resell the old one knowing that the old one was used to unlok freebees ....(don't know if i'm clear lol )

You’re clear. My question too.

4 hours ago, Zo said:

Hi Peter thks  ..... i think iwasn't clear , i don't want to sell what i'm gonna buy , i wanna sell what i already have in my account from previous pucchases and so i was asking if for exemple i bought Lurssen Console  and got several freee plugin , i could choose lurseen in this group buy as a freebee and resell the old one knowing that the old one was used to unlok freebees ....(don't know if i'm clear lol )

Also may i ask if we buy a product of X value at Y price , is the X value retained for freebee or it's the Y value that is retained ? 

Can anybody confirms that sampletron opens 299 $ freebees ?

I was quoting that part of the current group buy about retaining your free products because it should work this same way in each group buy we've had.

SampleTron does not open $299.99 freebies because it is $249.99 (and also you'd qualify for the crossgrade so for you it would be $199.99 and would unlock that level - 199.99 or lower - of choices.

25 minutes ago, LAGinz said:
4 hours ago, Zo said:

You’re clear. My question too.

You cannot select something you already own unless you transfer it to someone else first. I am assuming you bought Lurssen in a previous sale, perhaps another group buy which unlocked a bunch of freebies. You are wondering what happens to the freebies you got in the previous sale if you were to sell the Lurssen. Is that correct?

1 hour ago, Brian Walton said:

I'm not exactly sure how the cross grade works (as I was able to get each of those at the $199 level myself - but did have a number of related and semi-related plugins already).

I can confirm the cross grade on on Miroslav 2 and T-RacksS 5 MAx is $299, as I wasn't able to get either of those despite having a number of T-Racks Plugins as well as the Lighter version of Miroslave already and I bought in at the $200 level as one of my group buys.

This has been explained many times before. Crossgrade pricing kicks in as soon as you purchase any IKM product worth more than $99. It is that simple. If you are a new IKM customer, until you purchase something worth $99+, you pay the full price. After that point, you pay the crossgrade price no matter what you buy.

5 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

You cannot select something you already own unless you transfer it to someone else first. I am assuming you bought Lurssen in a previous sale, perhaps another group buy which unlocked a bunch of freebies. You are wondering what happens to the freebies you got in the previous sale if you were to sell the Lurssen. Is that correct?

That’s my question and I think that’s Zo’s as well. Zo?

37 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I was quoting that part of the current group buy about retaining your free products because it should work this same way in each group buy we've had.

SampleTron does not open $299.99 freebies because it is $249.99 (and also you'd qualify for the crossgrade so for you it would be $199.99 and would unlock that level - 199.99 or lower - of choices.

Hi Peter, apparently my hardware device comes with Miroslav CE. So does that mean should I be eligible for a crossgrade somewhere?

52 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

Hi Peter, apparently my hardware device comes with Miroslav CE. So does that mean should I be eligible for a crossgrade somewhere?

Spending $99 for any IK product sets you up for crossgrade pricing on anything that offers a CROSSGRADE price. It's not based on any particular product that you might own.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LAGinz said:

That’s my question and I think that’s Zo’s as well. Zo?

Good'to know ...

just got this from Ryan

Free selected promotional products cannot be sold/transferred. They reside in your account separate from the original purchase and would not be transferred if the original qualifying item is sold.

Note that qualifying products must remain registered in your IK account to retain eligibility.

Edited by Zo

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Good'to know ...

just got this from Ryan

Free selected promotional products cannot be sold/transferred. They reside in your account separate from the original purchase and would not be transferred if the original qualifying item is sold.

Note that qualifying products must remain registered in your IK account to retain eligibility.

I thought I understood the first paragraph of this…..until I read the second paragraph. Doesn’t it completely eviscerate the first paragraph? Maybe it’s easier to ask this question in a different way:   If I have an IK product that was registered  years before this Group Buy, (let’s call it product X), and that product has a red transfer button available on my User page, can I sell that product without worrying that I will also lose the use of products Y and Z, because products Y and Z were freebies I received as part of an earlier Group Buy in which product X was the qualifying product?