IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

23 minutes ago, NOLAGuy said:

@telecode 101  Thanks for the tip. I have the AT5 SE version, so it's not included like in the AT5 full version. I'll check the available GB Amplitude Collections and see if maybe that's contained in one of them. Otherwise, a possible future gear credit option.

what young tele did was pickup a irig on clearance and got me into the $200 tier. upgraded to AT 5. 

Edited by telecode 101
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

Even though I only put $49 in the GB on Wed. those X gear peddles were in my free choices.  I was going to get them yesterday but they were removed. Those software versions are $149. IK giveth and taketh away.   I really don't see anyone paying that kind of price for a software peddle.  So I'm slightly pissed and waiting for the last minute is not a good idea.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Nice!

Note you can drag the Space into the FX Loop of the amps too instead of in front of the amps (but also not after the CABS like the traditional FX Rack)

thanks. but i gotta say. something is really messed up with it though. what i was hearing in headphones is not the same audio that go recorded in the video. there is no reverb or tremolo or vibro effects in the amp setting i have in the beginning of the video. they are dry in a dead studio room. its really weird.  i have no idea where those effects are coming from. so strange.  i will look around some more in the settings.

3 hours ago, Paul Young said:

Even though I only put $49 in the GB on Wed. those X gear peddles were in my free choices.  I was going to get them yesterday but they were removed. Those software versions are $149. IK giveth and taketh away.   I really don't see anyone paying that kind of price for a software peddle.  So I'm slightly pissed and waiting for the last minute is not a good idea.

That must have been short lived, I'm in 3 different tiers and when they released the new options I checked sometime that first day starting at the lowest tier and worked my way up to see which tier I could potentially get them on.  Wasn't until I got up to the $200 tier that my account saw them as available.

I agree $150 is quite steep for an effect plugin that is locked inside an echosystem (and an echosystem where the host is rather resource heavy.  But they also have T-Racks units I'd say the same about $100+ for a plugin outside of group buy territory is basically madness in this market.  But having them in the group buy makes it more palitable.  Wish they were in the $80 tier and I'd grab all 4 of them.

Got Vibe and Reverb, have to decide if I think Time is worth if for one of the very few remaining selections I have at the $200 tier.  Because with the other Delays I have (think MTurboDelay, Audority Echorec, Boz Imperial, Obliq Delay, Unfiltered Audio etc) the only thing I'd be getting out of it is really the ability to put it in the effects loop within AT5.  

11 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

That must have been short lived, I'm in 3 different tiers and when they released the new options I checked sometime that first day starting at the lowest tier and worked my way up to see which tier I could potentially get them on.  Wasn't until I got up to the $200 tier that my account saw them as available.

I agree $150 is quite steep for an effect plugin that is locked inside an echosystem (and an echosystem where the host is rather resource heavy.  But they also have T-Racks units I'd say the same about $100+ for a plugin outside of group buy territory is basically madness in this market.  But having them in the group buy makes it more palitable.  Wish they were in the $80 tier and I'd grab all 4 of them.

Got Vibe and Reverb, have to decide if I think Time is worth if for one of the very few remaining selections I have at the $200 tier.  Because with the other Delays I have (think MTurboDelay, Audority Echorec, Boz Imperial, Obliq Delay, Unfiltered Audio etc) the only thing I'd be getting out of it is really the ability to put it in the effects loop within AT5.  

It was.  I wondered what they were.  When an email came out about these software pedals they weren't in there.  They were not in the Custom shop either when they were in the promotions.

Edited by Paul Young

For anyone wondering what to get, it has been advertised here but since this is a new topic I'm gonna do it again: get the Sunset Sound Studio Reverb! 

I used it today on a backing track with a lot of soul sounds mixed in with some modern synts, and it glued the whole shabang together beautifully. It did something other reverbs I tried couldn't.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 3

1 hour ago, Nick Blanc said:

For anyone wondering what to get, it has been advertised here but since this is a new topic I'm gonna do it again: get the Sunset Sound Studio Reverb! 

I used it today on a backing track with a lot of soul sounds mixed in with some modern synts, and it glued the whole shabang together beautifully. It did something other reverbs I tried couldn't.

Agreed with this. Of the stuff I picked up the SSSR impressed me the most. I thought it was a little gimmicky when the ads came out 2 yrs ago. But so far. Soundwise. Impressed me the most.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I am pretty happy I was able to get these 3 X - Series plugs  .

639378946_X-Series1.thumb.jpg.95ea47f6cc87f392bb1aa64281ac7183.jpg

I have been playing them for a little over a day. 

As a Guitar Player I would have been crazy not to have gotten them . IMHO , They are very good . Out of the twenty something things I have gotten so far  from this group buy , these three  items are the plugs producing  sounds that are making me the happiest ☺️

Kenny

OK, just messing around here with the X pedals, as a non-guitarist, so this is probably all wrong!

All MIDI, and used the OTS Evolution Standard for the guitar. with MODO Bass, and Addictive Drums. Sent the guitar and drums to separate TR5 Sunset Studio Reverb busses, and MODO Bass to AT5 SVX 15N.

Finished with Lurssen on the master bus, and exported to MP3.

Another Brick in the Wall_OTS Evolution Rock Standard.mp3

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paul Young said:

It was.  I wondered what they were.  When an email came out about these software pedals they weren't in there.  They were not in the Custom shop either when they were in the promotions.

They have been available in Custom Shop since September 9th and have not been taken off at any time since then.  They were also added to the group buy for people who bought in at 149.99 or higher.  Anybody who experiences something different than those conditions can consult IK Support as that is atypical.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bapu said:

The producer in the booth?

I figured out what I did. I am an idiot. Oh well. the video can be viewed and interpreted as the process I went through to get the final sound. The idea of pulling mics away from the cab I got from reading Alan Parsons interviews where he said he likes to capture bleed and the room when mic'ing guitar amps.

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 1