IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

Monday I will get my UNO Drum. Ddecided I have enough synths to not get the UNO Synth, but my live jamming setup lacked a drumcomputer and I was not willing to spend more than 700 on a Digitakt. Than, with my previous buy-ins I will be able to get almost everything IK.

This is really an amazing deal.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Nick Blanc said:

Monday I will get my UNO Drum. Ddecided I have enough synths to not get the UNO Synth, but my live jamming setup lacked a drumcomputer and I was not willing to spend more than 700 on a Digitakt. Than, with my previous buy-ins I will be able to get almost everything IK.

This is really an amazing deal.

I was tempted by the Uno Drum. It sounds cool . But think I will save up for an elektron octra.

12 hours ago, mibby said:

Now I'm wondering if I should pick X-Gear or Tape Machines?  🤔

Not sure what your goals are with these two groups.  I used to do tape head delay FX with a reel-to-reel (usually textured stuff with 3 3/4 ips, sometimes 7 1/2 ips FX, too). As you maybe have read, I asked the forum if the Tape Machines could do the tape head delay trick. (They could not.)  When the Software Only X-Pedals were made available as freebies, I tried X-Time and X-Space.  After trying a number of presets and tweaking the values with my usb keyboard, I decided the X-Pedals definitely work for my needs.

If you haven't done so already, I highly recommend using the Try option (Custom Shop section of AT5, IIRC) and decide if one (or more) of the pedals will meet your needs.  

Posted Tuesday at 06:06 PM

Thanks for the replies on the X-Pedals / AT5 functionality question I was grappling with.  I ended up trying the X-Time and X-Space software . . . . With the vintage and modern tape settings and related presets I can do some kinds of textural things I used to do with a reel-to-reel deck . . . and then some!!!  🙂   I found them to be very handy! 

Edited by User 905133
to add a quote to my post in the original thread; grammatical change
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Can t we get single stuff like amplitude stuff or tracks like we used to ? 

Yes here is the list.

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/25gb/

Here is for Amplitube Collection:   https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/index.php?R=INIT&FV=25th-anniversary-group-buy-amplitube&CV=Other Filter&&PSEL=25th-anniversary-group-buy-amplitube&pkey=amplitube-collections

Happy shopping Zo.  

So... are the iRig hardware part of the free products or am I misunderstanding? I've had a rough couple days so I'm not thinking clearly, but if so, that's a game changer for sure! If so, I'll be adding iRig Keys Pro 2 and the acoustic guitar mic. If not, I'll try the X-pedals and pick from those or SaturatorX.

16 minutes ago, Jake Waidelich said:

So... are the iRig hardware part of the free products or am I misunderstanding? I've had a rough couple days so I'm not thinking clearly, but if so, that's a game changer for sure! If so, I'll be adding iRig Keys Pro 2 and the acoustic guitar mic. If not, I'll try the X-pedals and pick from those or SaturatorX.

The hardware products are not available for free.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jake Waidelich said:

No hardware is part of the free products. Buying qualifying hardware will get you into the GB .

Ninja'd by abacab

Edited by Doug Rintoul
  • Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I am pretty happy I was able to get these 3 X - Series plugs  .

639378946_X-Series1.thumb.jpg.95ea47f6cc87f392bb1aa64281ac7183.jpg

I have been playing them for a little over a day. 

As a Guitar Player I would have been crazy not to have gotten them . IMHO , They are very good . Out of the twenty something things I have gotten so far  from this group buy , these three  items are the plugs producing  sounds that are making me the happiest ☺️

Kenny

I picked them up too. I just finished trying it out. not bad. very modern sounding. i will upload a test sample of the stuff i tinkered with. 

I also picked up the Sunset reverb. It does sound really good and cool.  but that app is just too funny. i keep looking up at the ceilings of sunset sound .. the 360 view is a hoot.. LOL..  @Peter - IK Multimedia IKM should put some easter eggs in that one. Remember the good old days when developers used to have fun and put easter eggs in software. They can put some groupie panties  or David Lee Roths' half empty  whiskey bottle behind a corner.. 🙂

Edited by telecode 101
  • Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

6 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

As a Guitar Player I would have been crazy not to have gotten them . IMHO , They are very good . Out of the twenty something things I have gotten so far  from this group buy , these three  items are the plugs producing  sounds that are making me the happiest ☺️

Kenny

It's tempting to dismiss these as just repackage goods.  "OH, look,  another Rat model".  It turns out that model has 4 pages of hidden parameters. 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

3 minutes ago, NOLAGuy said:

I acquired a bass guitar and own the SVX and SVX2 Amplitude products. Having a few extra GB freebies, are there any of the Amplitude Collections options useful for just bass players?

1 minute ago, InstrEd said:

Might want to ask @Bapu That question😀

To my thinking that pretty much covers your bass needs within the AT5 realm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

Kenny

I am not a guitar player, but I slapped a few of these onto a track with Orange Tree Samples Evolution Rock Standard virtual guitar (a classic dual humbucker).

Wow! Nice, very, very nice!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, abacab said:

I am not a guitar player, but I slapped a few of these onto a track with Orange Tree Samples Evolution Rock Standard virtual guitar (a classic dual humbucker).

Wow! Nice, very, very nice!

Now I'm in the same boat as not a guitar player. Choices, choices, choices 🤔

38 minutes ago, telecode 101 said:

The Green BA250 in AT is amazing if you are into that 90s bass tone.

@telecode 101  Thanks for the tip. I have the AT5 SE version, so it's not included like in the AT5 full version. I'll check the available GB Amplitude Collections and see if maybe that's contained in one of them. Otherwise, a possible future gear credit option.

Edited by NOLAGuy
Changes