IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy (Continued)

marlowg01

40 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

But I want to run it outside 😆

I got my coat again

Actually, that was a hope I had when the announcement came.  Do you think these will ever be available outside of Amplitube,  Peter?  That’s the application of the hardware, and it would be amazing if they could be part of an FX chain or guitar rig.

Edited by Marc Cormier
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

Yesterday Pete confirmed that the X-Gear (software only) pedals will be available as freebies.  It looks like they will be at the $149 tier.

Yea those are old news and pre-thread lock.  Looking for more new stuff hahah

It's such a relief that this thread is smaller now :D

No one ever (including IK suppport) answered my pants and suspender question - Promo's for several products I bought in the past were not selectable in the Promo drop down.  I bought some transfer licenses and transferred them out and I was immediately able to select those products. Just wanted to give my nephew Miroslav and B-3X. Finally know how transfers work! They just take the product out of your list and send you an email with a new Serial.  

Edited by Doug Steinschneider
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

I was able to use Jam Points to bring the transfers down to $14 but had 31 before and now after using 12 I'm zeroed out - must be reversing out the points awarded for the B-3X and Miroslav. I'm good with that - who knows when I would figured out how to spend them in time after this promo

Well you could of spent them on me and brought me a MIDI keyboard controller as IK won't give me a free one  🤣

1 minute ago, InstrEd said:

The count-down is really truckin along.  Finally people realized how great a deal this is!

I picked my FREEBIES except for one. Now I'm wondering if I should pick X-Gear or Tape Machines?  🤔

I won't pick any more until this GB is "done".   Now I know to heeds Lars' words! 

The iRig Keys is nice but you could just get a Nektar 49 for I think around $90. My latest pair of keyboards are used E-MU Xboard49's - compact B-3X heaven! I paid $50 for one that the pitch wheel doesn't work (I swapped it's pitchwheel with the second keyboard and it worked - something is up with the mainboard on the first one) and $90 for one that needed clean up but works perfectly and looks good now that I gave it a detail. I really like the action. They are a bit over 10 years old but the keybeds are in great condition. 

1 hour ago, Doug Steinschneider said:

The iRig Keys is nice but you could just get a Nektar 49 for I think around $90. My latest pair of keyboards are used E-MU Xboard49's - compact B-3X heaven! I paid $50 for one that the pitch wheel doesn't work (I swapped it's pitchwheel with the second keyboard and it worked - something is up with the mainboard on the first one) and $90 for one that needed clean up but works perfectly and looks good now that I gave it a detail. I really like the action. They are a bit over 10 years old but the keybeds are in great condition. 

Well. FWIW.. I am in one more time. I picked up an iRig 25 i/o. I was looking for a smaller-ish keyboard to just play around with. Just finished testing it out. Works fine. Plus the built in interface is kind of cool with a laptop .  Not the greatest build quality but does the job fine. Upgraded the firmware and tested with Cubase, and Reason.. all works as advertised.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mibby said:

I picked my FREEBIES except for one. Now I'm wondering if I should pick X-Gear or Tape Machines?  🤔

I won't pick any more until this GB is "done".   Now I know to heeds Lars' words! 

X-Gear for sure, especially if you'r a guitar player. You will get more mileage than the tapes in my opinion. Plus X-Gear is worth $150 each, tapes only $100. I am also waiting till the end for my next few choices. I already have enough toys to play with for now. But X-Gear are 9n my short list. Thanks to Peter for getting those onboard. 👍

I did get a couple of the tapes and, although I am sure they are very authentic sounding, I am a bit at a loss trying to tweak them. I guess I am not knowledgeable enough in tape machines. I have had better success with the easier to use Saturation-X. Slamming one of the tape on my master bus and trying out presets did not create a wow effect for me. Putting Saturation-X with default settings on my master bus instantly made it clearer and added dimension. It probably depends on what type of music it is applied to. YMMV.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mibby said:

I haven't had  a chance to really check them out, but definitely X-Gear.  The tape machines can be  a bit subtle for many.