"SI [instrument] is not properly installed. Reinstall using original CD."

Annie

New CbB here. Not sure if this has been answered elsewhere... Installed CbB via BandLab Assistant (Run as Admin), installing all Add-ons at the onset. Trying to insert any SI (Drum, Piano, Strings etc) gave me this prompt. Vst folder path looks correct (following Cakewalk documentation). I did uninstall/install, regedit etc., three times. No luck. What am I missing/doing wrong?

CbB SI Prompt.png

• Great Idea 1

I would like to know as well !

I was going to write the same post as I did exactly the same things you described, yesterday, for the same result. So at least we know this issue is not specific to one user, that's a start.

This is a bit frustrating right ? I don't even have a CD reader :|

Edited by hbd 999
  • Like 1

Hello,

Thank you @scook for your help !

i tried a fresh install with the web installer. And i still have the same issue.

The "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Studio Instruments" and subdirectories are not compressed.

The "Boost11" VST wich is in the same folder as the Studio instruments is working fine.

I've compared access rights between "Boost11" directory/files and "SI-Drum Kit" and they are the same.

When i add a Studio instrument track, the instrument window is working, i can interact with it. But no sound is playing. Maybe we have a problem with the access to the wave files of the instruments.... (just a guess)

FYI, i also have a KORG synth wich is working fine.

Hi all, 

Newbie here, sorry for repetition

After multiple installs of CbB after a fresh Win 10 installation I'm getting the same error message to reinstall with the VST plugins. All software/drivers are up to date. I have had no issues in the past so this is totally new to me. 

Interestingly I have tried this on two very different systems (XPS intel laptop & AMD Desktop) and have the same error message so at wits end.  I thought that I may have a conflict on my usual desktop PC but seems not.

I've been using Cakewalk from well before Bandlab days without this issue so at a loss.

@Andrew Easterling

You probably have not set your audio up properly. Watch my tutorial and I guarantee you'll have audio. 

As far as this OT goes there seems to be an issue right now as they introduce the new Cakewalk installer. So in the mean time go to the Free Instrument thread in this sub forum and try some of the many free alternatives available. I like the SI instruments but I don't really use them.

Plug in Boutique is a great place to start with no hassle downloads. Just sign in. https://www.pluginboutique.com/  

This is another no hassle site I use. https://plugins4free.com/

For  Bass I use the Ample P bass lite.  

For  drums I use Addictive Drums which has a free demo version which doesn't expire, they are just missing the Toms so you just use TTS-1 or MT power kit for toms.  https://www.xlnaudio.com/demos     There is also the AD Keys Piano demo which is my main piano. It's only missing the lowest and highest octaves which you don't really need for most music. 

There it also the MT Power Kit. 

SI piano-  there are dozens of great free electric pianos. I use Mr Tramp for Wurly. 

I have at least 50 free vst instruments that are as good as any I purchased. 

Hi, I have the same issue with SI Instruments are not properly installed please reinstall using your original CD? Outside of this every thing else is working. I can listen to my previously composed music pieces. I have also reinstalled Cakewalk using the Webpage link and still getting same message. Other DAW are working fine as well.  Only hardware change I have made is added a new SSD hard drive and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. Computer spces are Dell M6800 with 16 GIGs or RAM. M-Audio M-Track MKII Audio Interface. 

Thanks for your help..

9 hours ago, John Vere said:

@Andrew Easterling

You probably have not set your audio up properly. Watch my tutorial and I guarantee you'll have audio. 

As far as this OT goes there seems to be an issue right now as they introduce the new Cakewalk installer. So in the mean time go to the Free Instrument thread in this sub forum and try some of the many free alternatives available. I like the SI instruments but I don't really use them.

Plug in Boutique is a great place to start with no hassle downloads. Just sign in. https://www.pluginboutique.com/  

This is another no hassle site I use. https://plugins4free.com/

For  Bass I use the Ample P bass lite.  

For  drums I use Addictive Drums which has a free demo version which doesn't expire, they are just missing the Toms so you just use TTS-1 or MT power kit for toms.  https://www.xlnaudio.com/demos     There is also the AD Keys Piano demo which is my main piano. It's only missing the lowest and highest octaves which you don't really need for most music. 

There it also the MT Power Kit. 

SI piano-  there are dozens of great free electric pianos. I use Mr Tramp for Wurly. 

I have at least 50 free vst instruments that are as good as any I purchased. 

I've since gone to look for other plugins in the meantime. MT Power Kit, Ample Sound, Spitfire Lab - they all open okay in Cakewalk. I'll check out your video and the links. Thanks a bunch!

• Like 1

Another thing to try is making sure you have all of the Microsoft Visual Studio runtimes installed on your system.

Never had this problem, so I'm not sure, but I have seen it happen when programs change installers. The developers' systems of course have every C++ runtime known to the computing world, so they don't find out that there's a problem.

13 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Another thing to try is making sure you have all of the Microsoft Visual Studio runtimes installed on your system.

Never had this problem, so I'm not sure, but I have seen it happen when programs change installers. The developers' systems of course have every C++ runtime known to the computing world, so they don't find out that there's a problem.

This was a proposed remedy in a similar thread linked above.

It does not fix this problem.

BandLab knows about the problem and reproduced it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2