What happened to the IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy Thread?

Doug Rintoul

I realize that not all of you are Cakewalk users, and some are entirely here for the Deals forum only, which is cool!

But were you aware that the last time they locked one of Larry's threads, the Deals forum was demoted to a sub-forum? That was probably the host's alternative to eliminating it entirely.

If you all keep abusing the moderators, I would hate to see what happens next. I for one, like this forum and would prefer it to remain... at least for Larry's sake! Can you imagine how he would feel if the kids had ruined everything in his absence?

Edited by abacab
  • Like 10
  • Great Idea 3

All were asking for is moderation from the moderators - delete the post and move on.  Too much to ask?  We've been a solid community for years and have had relatively few incidents that require a heavy-handed response and the mods have been there for us when that happens.  But by and large, I think our excellent, candid, and congenial communication has been an exemplar of online forums.  It's one of the few places I've seen where a poster deserved to get flogged and everyone else punished as a byproduct.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

You guys really need to control yourselves, as challenging moderators can only go in one direction.

This is not a demo cracy. We are guests here in our host's house, and it's always been this way. We must abide, like it or not.

You don't like it, that's fine! You are entitled to feel that way. But your opinion will change nothing around here. If that's how you feel, please go elsewhere.

• Great Idea 1

13 minutes ago, abacab said:

You guys really need to control yourselves, as challenging moderators can only go in one direction.

This is not a demo cracy. We are guests here in our host's house, and it's always been this way. We must abide, like it or not.

You don't like it, that's fine! You are entitled to feel that way. But your opinion will change nothing around here. If that's how you feel, please go elsewhere.

• Haha 1

Alright, I really didn't wanted to comment any more on the matter, but I feel like adding a last comment since I was the cause.

The mod is entirely in his right to close the topic. And I have no issue with him and him doing so. Rules are rules, wether you know them all or not. I clearly didn't, and that is on me.

I feel some hostility growing here, so can we please just close this one too and get on with the show? Rutte!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1