What happened to the IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy Thread?

Doug Rintoul

33 minutes ago, abacab said:

It has mostly always been customary for the Cakewalk mods to lock threads when the rules are broken.

Even Larry had one of his threads locked a while back after it turned a few shades of poly tick al. And I have never seen a singe one unlocked afterwards. However all of the content remains available after the offending posts are removed.

And while I believe that this forum is not actually auto-moderated, it's always possible for someone to click on the little "Report post" link in the upper right-hand corner of any post. So that would make it community moderated.

And no, it wasn't me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, InstrEd said:

It is a shame as IK Multimedia products are good and I think that thread was helping the GB along. Of course now it is on coast to make it to the finish line so its alright 😀

Of course those pretty graphs will be missed!

One more for old times' sake -- but I'm not sure you're going to like it:

image.png.7a4bb1958f71e1d0cce71e3dd44b97ca.png

Suddenly, the home team has to play a leeetle bit of catchup.

image.png.23304c6d08e712407a36165bec650e5a.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, abacab said:

"That" mod is a well respected, long-term member of the Cakewalk community. That remark was uncalled for. Unless you just feel lucky! 🤣

The remark was definitely uncalled for. However, even well respected long-term members can make mistakes. It does seem like a bit of  an overreaction since it was only one post to which absolutely nobody else responded, except to maybe report it. Such a policy does seem to put a lot of power into the hands of some malcontent who wants to kill a thread. I can't believe there is no ability to unlock a thread, once it has been cleaned up, and we all promise to behave like good little girls and boys.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

The remark was definitely uncalled for. However, even well respected long-term members can make mistakes. It does seem like a bit of  an overreaction since it was only one post to which absolutely nobody else responded, except to maybe report it. Such a policy does seem to put a lot of power into the hands of some malcontent who wants to kill a thread. I can't believe there is no ability to unlock a thread, once it has been cleaned up, and we all promise to behave like good little girls and boys.

That's just what always happens around here when the little boys and girls can't play nice. The moderators are generally invisible here, but just doing their job.

Of course, you are free to be unhappy with the decision here, however the Cakewalk moderators have always had the final say.  I've been to other forums where moderation if much more heavy handed, so by comparison off topic discussion is tolerated much more freely in this sub-forum. Just don't break the rules!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, abacab said:

That's just what always happens around here when the little boys and girls can't play nice. The moderators are generally invisible here, but just doing their job.

Yes, I suppose this is true. I guess it is akin to the police pulling over a speeder on the freeway, causing traffic to back up all because one person had a heavy foot.

• Like 1

Not to be dense, but can’t the mod  just delete the offending post and re-open the thread now? Doesn’t the mod have the ability to do that? It’s pretty obvious at this point that the initial move may have been somewhat of an overreach, albeit an unintentional one.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, LAGinz said:

Not to be dense, but can’t the mod  just delete the offending post and re-open the thread now? Doesn’t the mod have the ability to do that? It’s pretty obvious at this point that the initial move may have been somewhat of an overreach, albeit an unintentional one.

Agree, thread should be unlocked. Locking down an entire thread with lots of community members posts simply because there was a passing reference by one person to a political figure is overkill. All it does is punish many for the sins of one. The person who posted the offending comment has said he would have changed it if asked or there was the option of deleting the post and advising the poster or even suspending the poster.

But given the nature of the offending, a single passing reference to a political figure by one person, I think advice to the poster to change what they posted would have been enough. Why should everyone who was contributing to the thread be punished for what was a minor offense by a single poster? Too heavy handed in my view.

I could understand it if it was flaming out but this wasn't that.

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 5
  • Great Idea 1