What happened to the IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy Thread?

Doug Rintoul

Seems mods get notified about keywords because not even regulars could keep up with the posts.  I suggest we all go to KVR thread and post highly controversial subjects on their ik thread to see if we can get it locked and/or deleted hahah

• Great Idea 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

well that blows. I bet it was some guy from KVR sent here to lock the thread so they can beat us.

Nope, it was me. I have to learn that I have to "leave political comments out of music discussions". I guess well known memes mentioning some former politician from years ago qualify. 

I'm inclined to mention a former prime minister of the Netherlands in this post to see if that will lock this thread too, but I'm not one to stir the pot.

And as it seems necessary, this last sentence in no way a reference to a former leader of Cambodia with that name.

I'll stick to not making jokes. Sorry guys. I didn't know.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

,                                                                                                                 

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, kennywtelejazz said:

WGUy83F.png

Kenny

I was napping so it weren't me.

2 hours ago, kennywtelejazz said:

I went to the Gym and when I got back home the thread was locked 😲

osCro6p.png

I knew it! Someone had to go to the Gym. 
Get your coat. 

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Tim Smith said:

Just a suggestion to the mods for the future. Why not simply delete the post itself? Another forum I frequent does that. They won't kill the whole thread over some random left field comment. They just delete ONLY the post that didn't fit.

Or just ask me to modify it, I would have been happy to do so.

• Like 3

It has mostly always been customary for the Cakewalk mods to lock threads when the rules are broken.

Even Larry had one of his threads locked a while back after it turned a few shades of poly tick al. And I have never seen a singe one unlocked afterwards. However all of the content remains available after the offending posts are removed.

As with all of our communities, we encourage mutual respect and uphold a zero tolerance policy for insensitivity to race, gender and cultural background. Abusive content, as well as off-topic posts and discussions containing politics, religion or obscenity, will be deleted, with possible termination of user account. Please see our community guidelines for more information.

And while I believe that this forum is not actually auto-moderated, it's always possible for someone to click on the little "Report post" link in the upper right-hand corner of any post. So that would make it community moderated.

And no, it wasn't me!

1 hour ago, Esteban Villanova said:

That’s the reason? An Obi Wan joke?

That mod is a moron. Go ahead and ban me if it makes you feel powerful.

"That" mod is a well respected, long-term member of the Cakewalk community. That remark was uncalled for. Unless you just feel lucky! 🤣

• Like 1