What happened to the IK 25th Anniversary Group Buy Thread?

Doug Rintoul

Just now, bdickens said:

Because some jackwagon had to go and drag Obama into the thread for some reason. Never mind the" no politics" rule. Some people's kids!

Yep I saw the comment and thought to myself why would you even bring him up.

Damn.  All Zolton's spreadsheets and scientific analysis.  Lost. 

Actually, it was all the posts ABOUT Zolton's spreadsheets that cracked me up!!!!

Oh, wait.  It's still there.  I'm not even funny and I'm gonna get me coat.

Edited by Marc Cormier

23 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

I don't get it. How are we ever supposed to beat the KVR thread count now?

It's a conspiracy. The admin is a double-agent for KVR....  

Oh! I know! We should go over there and start talking religion AND politics on their thread! 

Edited by mibby
  • Great Idea 2
  • Haha 3

Geez, I never even saw the offending comment and now the entire thread is gone ? That really seems a bit extreme. Why can’t they just delete the offending comments or even lock out the offending poster. This sets a bad precedent for giving any errant poster the ability to shut down any thread at will.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

The comment was pretty innocuous, I thought. The poster listed a bunch of bad things that happened to him and then ended it with "Thanks Obi-Wan" referencing the meme about O getting blamed for everything bad.

Didn’t some guy with the handle Obi work for IK back in the day?

8 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

The comment was pretty innocuous, I thought. The poster listed a bunch of bad things that happened to him and then ended it with "Thanks Obi-Wan" referencing the meme about O getting blamed for everything bad.

Oh, I didn't know about the meme, that explains why I didn't understand that post. But honestly, it can't be easy moderating a thread and guessing where to draw the line.

I am just glad they are not closing thread on bad humor, I'd be gone in a jiffy!

Edited by Jacques Boileau