(Not a deal) AmpliTube 5.2 update available

Peter - IK Multimedia

45 minutes ago, chris.r said:

I don't mean only high CPU. Yes, it takes a huge slice of CPU for what it is, a guitar amp software, but also huge share of disk space of my tiny SSD. And RAM. As if it was supposed to being used alone in music production, no other synths or processors allowed needed in the project. There is no other piece of software on my PC of that size I recon, apart from the biggest Kontakt libraries. All of my DAWs, virtual instruments, effect processors, all other guitar suites are much smaller. This one is huge.

The other problem is occasional crashes starting with AT4. Even the biggest Kontakt libraries are never crashing for me.

what are you computer specs. AT 4 never really crashed on me. Even when I used it on my old i7 setup. I do recall AT 5 worked but it really eate up CPU resources. Hence I upgraded to something slightly faster. But I am still on a system miles slower than what the youngs guys running M1 and the soundtrack score guys running crazy specs for orchestral music are running. AT 5 works fine on my end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, telecode 101 said:

what are you computer specs. AT 4 never really crashed on me. Even when I used it on my old i7 setup. I do recall AT 5 worked but it really eate up CPU resources. Hence I upgraded to something slightly faster. But I am still on a system miles slower than what the youngs guys running M1 and the soundtrack score guys running crazy specs for orchestral music are running. AT 5 works fine on my end.

my laptop is i5-3340M 8gb ram 128ssd and my desktop i7-6700 16gb ram 256ssd both win10 clean install, apart from chrome on laptop both kept out of any extra software to keep them in best shape for music work

AT4 is crashing about same on both my systems, I could start using just AT5 but I have too many projects with AT4 in them already as I get exactly the sound I'm looking for from the Fender and Fultone collections in AT4 plus it takes less RAM than AT5 when multiple instances in one project

1 hour ago, Jacques Boileau said:

AT5 5.0.3 sounds as fine as the newer versions of AT5 for half the cpu load. But let's give IK some time to look into this.

IIRC you can't use the new X-Gears in that version unfortunately, need at least 5.1

Every time I load any factory preset from one of the collections I got as a freebie from this 25GB into AT5.2 (like Brian May, Mesa Boogie etc), I got annoing noize every few seconds. Like that trial copy protection noize. 

But if I start from a default preset or from one of the presets from collections I actually bought (like Fender 2), it's OK, no noize. 

And if then I load gear from freebie collection into default preset, replacing default amp and cab with amps and cabs from freebie collection, it's OK, no noize.

Looks like a serious bug.

22 minutes ago, Eugene Tsepenuk said:

Every time I load any factory preset from one of the collections I got as a freebie from this 25GB into AT5.2 (like Brian May, Mesa Boogie etc), I got annoing noize every few seconds. Like that trial copy protection noize. 

But if I start from a default preset or from one of the presets from collections I actually bought (like Fender 2), it's OK, no noize. 

And if then I load gear from freebie collection into default preset, replacing default amp and cab with amps and cabs from freebie collection, it's OK, no noize.

not happening here ?

have you done a 'restore my purchases' from within the latest version of AT5 ?

you don't mention if it's mac/pc but if restoring purchases doesn't work it's possibly specific to your setup ? - try emailing support. I strongly suspect it isn't a bug.

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 10:57 AM, Eugene Tsepenuk said:

I just tried it. I am not getting that. I am seeing a little blurp that says you need to purchase items that are in trial mode. but i tried various presets from new collections i got as freebies. no noise. they all work fine, 

Just tried out the some of the V3M and T-rex effects freebies.

Edited by telecode 101

13 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

@chris.r Create a m/link junction and “park” most of Amp5 off the C drive. I’m on the road, on my phone, so I can’t run the details of how to do it. @scook has given the details numerous times. Search his “activity” and you should find it. 
Ridiculous that it’s not offered as an option in the install. 

t

Thanks, that is a great idea if I have alternate place with a fast drive for it. Unfortunately on laptop I have not, would have to put it on an external USB drive which makes it way worse speedwise. I'm considering doing it with my desktop after putting a larger nvme in there cause the current one is already completely clogged 😄

• Like 2

On 10/10/2021 at 6:48 AM, DeeringAmps said:

@chris.r Create a m/link junction and “park” most of Amp5 off the C drive. I’m on the road, on my phone, so I can’t run the details of how to do it. @scook has given the details numerous times. Search his “activity” and you should find it. 
Ridiculous that it’s not offered as an option in the install. 

t

No need because you have the option to change the installation location during the install process.  So not ridiculous at all :D

On 10/9/2021 at 8:49 PM, chris.r said:

I don't mean only high CPU. Yes, it takes a huge slice of CPU for what it is, a guitar amp software, but also huge share of disk space of my tiny SSD. And RAM. As if it was supposed to being used alone in music production, no other synths or processors allowed needed in the project. There is no other piece of software on my PC of that size I recon, apart from the biggest Kontakt libraries. All of my DAWs, virtual instruments, effect processors, all other guitar suites are much smaller. This one is huge.

The other problem is occasional crashes starting with AT4. Even the biggest Kontakt libraries are never crashing for me.

AmpliTube 5 requires about 3GB disk space max.  Also, see above as you do have the option to change the installation location during the installation process.

Also, IK Support can handle any crashing issues you are having.  As far as resources are concerned, on even a fairly modest machine people have been able to get multiple instances running in fairly complex projects so I'm sure the team can assist there too to see what's happening for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 11:10 AM, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

No need because you have the option to change the installation location during the install process. 

Another instance of “three sure signs of old age for me”? 
TBH it’s been a while since the install. 
Just for S&G I’ll check it when I get off the road. 
Good to know, and a “heads up” to all new users when installing. 
Thanks

t