(Not a deal) AmpliTube 5.2 update available

Peter - IK Multimedia

7 hours ago, abacab said:

Since the update, I get this warning message EVERY time I launch AT5. Even when using it as a plugin, in a previously saved project.

However, when I insert a new instance of AT5 into a project, no warning popup is issued.

It seems a bit random for me - I always get it in standalone but sometimes I don't when used as a plugin (windows10)

I'd done what the pop-up message says "start the IK Multimedia Product Manager and restart AmpliTube 5" but no difference

pretty annoying :(   

they are throwing out AT5 updates pretty quickly at the minute to take advantage of the x-gear and new GB users and I suspect they are failing to do much testing.

Edited by simon
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jacques Boileau said:

See how good my memory is? 😲 Thanks for the reminder though. 👍 It does show that it happens on newer machines too.

And one more data point for this latest AT 5 version, this time I tested its performance in Studio One 5.4 rather than CbB. It showed about the same increase as with Cakewalk, so performance does not appear to be DAW related.

So probably best to use "Freeze" when multi-tracking guitars with AT 5 on each guitar track. Or get a computer like Bapu has! 🤣

• Great Idea 1

1 hour ago, abacab said:

And one more data point for this latest AT 5 version, this time I tested its performance in Studio One 5.4 rather than CbB. It showed about the same increase as with Cakewalk, so performance does not appear to be DAW related.

So probably best to use "Freeze" when multi-tracking guitars with AT 5 on each guitar track. Or get a computer like Bapu has! 🤣

Yep and pretty sad...

Developers so often pick an easy and lazy way (and cheaper) and instead mastering performance to let their app run nicely on as many computers as possible they are finding very fast ones to have a prove it is working fast so why you are complaining... :lol

This side of AT5 really sucks comparing to other competitors, unfortunately or to AT4   from our beloved devels ;)

TH-U loading time ~5sek

AT5 ~20sek on my computer (i5, 16GG, SSDs)

• Meh 1

Our devs aren't lazy and we test on some pretty low-spec machines as well.  I understand being frustrated but that shouldn't lead to conjecture and insulting developers.  Edit - and increased load times on some machines might be why it sounds better (like our tape machines) ;)

16 hours ago, Marc Cormier said:

Got it - thanks, Peter.  Why on earth are you apologizing?!!!  I have, like, 44 freebies to pick out from the Group Buy - not like I won't find something to do in the meantime.

I'm secretly Canadian.

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I understand being frustrated but that shouldn't lead to conjecture and insulting developers. 

Sorry, no insulting intended, btw I didn't say lazy developers but picking lazy way. Kind of difference.  And it was kind of general referral .  I am not aware about details of designing decision fot ATR5 project and picked libraries and test for user experience...

Of course I am very appreciating the best deal ever here as all other guys. The question is should I because of that just be dishonest and say only expected sweet things?
If nobody says something is wrong (because they love devels and scare to insult them with saying anything other than expected thanks and love u) what would be motivation to fix anything?

If nobody complains about ultra long load time so maybe devels consider it is great. This is making me pretty sad... :(

So now maybe I should be  waiting for hate and ban...   But even if you kill me for that it will not resolve the issue which is in code...

Ok, I will not say any word anymore... Stay in peace...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

Our devs aren't lazy and we test on some pretty low-spec machines as well.  I understand being frustrated but that shouldn't lead to conjecture and insulting developers.  Edit - and increased load times on some machines might be why it sounds better (like our tape machines) ;)

I'm secretly Canadian.

Too late—we already know.  The maple syrup cologne gives you away.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

I'm secretly Canadian.

I agree! Giving information that may help developers is one thing, judging them is another. After a long carreer in software development I know things are not as simple as they appear. Constructive feedback can help both the users and IK. If this is something that can be fixed, it reduces support calls, makes for a better user experience and increase sales. Everybody wins. Support has answered that they are looking into it, which is just fine by me. Let us just be patient.

BTW, you are welcomed this side of the border anytime! 👍

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 2

35 minutes ago, jude77 said:

I'm just curious as to why this is a 2.4 gig download.  Is that the program itself or  does it download all of IK's other stuff as well.

AmpliTube 5.pak is 1.4GB and AmpliTube.app.pak is 969MB installed. And then there is the .exe and other stuff...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, telecode 101 said:

you are noticing CPU resources  increase?

I don't mean only high CPU. Yes, it takes a huge slice of CPU for what it is, a guitar amp software, but also huge share of disk space of my tiny SSD. And RAM. As if it was supposed to being used alone in music production, no other synths or processors allowed needed in the project. There is no other piece of software on my PC of that size I recon, apart from the biggest Kontakt libraries. All of my DAWs, virtual instruments, effect processors, all other guitar suites are much smaller. This one is huge.

The other problem is occasional crashes starting with AT4. Even the biggest Kontakt libraries are never crashing for me.

• Like 1