(Not a deal) AmpliTube 5.2 update available

Peter - IK Multimedia

20210824_AT5.2.0_CS_update_NEWS_image_SI

Version 5.2 is here with a more streamlined Custom Shop experience. Now you can simply browse the gear carousel on the right-hand side of AmpliTube 5's GUI or use the available drop-down menus to demo or quickly unlock any gear you want.

Instant access to gear

Each piece of gear you try is fully functional for 72 hours, plenty of time to test all its features and sounds. When you're ready to make a purchase, just click the Lock Icon for the gear you want or the Triangle in the upper right of your chain to access the Buy Now option.

That gear will be added to your cart allowing you to check out normally or with your available Gear Credits or JamPoints. With AmpliTube 5.2, you'll find it's faster than ever to find the perfect guitar or bass tone and make it yours.

Update instructions

For existing users, to get updated on Mac/PC, launch the IK Product Manager, go to Manage My Products, and use the Update button next to AmpliTube 5.

New users can download the FREE, expandable AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop HERE

What's new in AmpliTube 5.2

• A new TRY & BUY mode is now available from inside AmpliTube 5 allowing users to demo and purchase new products without having to launch the Custom Shop.
  • AmpliTube X-GEAR pedals are now available for purchase inside AmpliTube 5
  • New Account tab in Settings menu to allow users to Restore Purchases directly inside AmpliTube 5.
  • General reliability improvements.

Learn more on AmpliTube 5

Edited by Peter - IK Multimedia
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

20210824_AT5.2.0_CS_update_NEWS_image_SI

Version 5.2 is here with a more streamlined Custom Shop experience. Now you can simply browse the gear carousel on the right-hand side of AmpliTube 5's GUI or use the available drop-down menus to demo or quickly unlock any gear you want.

Instant access to gear

Each piece of gear you try is fully functional for 72 hours, plenty of time to test all its features and sounds. When you're ready to make a purchase, just click the Lock Icon for the gear you want or the Triangle in the upper right of your chain to access the Buy Now option.

That gear will be added to your cart allowing you to check out normally or with your available Gear Credits or JamPoints. With AmpliTube 5.2, you'll find it's faster than ever to find the perfect guitar or bass tone and make it yours.

Update instructions

For existing users, to get updated on Mac/PC, launch the IK Product Manager, go to Manage My Products, and use the Update button next to AmpliTube 5.

New users can download the FREE, expandable AmpliTube 5 Custom Shop HERE

What's new in AmpliTube 5.2

• A new TRY & BUY mode is now available from inside AmpliTube 5 allowing users to demo and purchase new products without having to launch the Custom Shop.
  • AmpliTube X-GEAR pedals are now available for purchase inside AmpliTube 5
  • New Account tab in Settings menu to allow users to Restore Purchases directly inside AmpliTube 5.
  • General reliability improvements.

Learn more on AmpliTube 5

Resonator added as freebie?  

(trying out my reverse psychology YouTube training)

• Haha 3

Standalone locks up on the 10-second splash screen as well.  Now its at least 2:10.  I reverted back to an earlier build (thanks for the advice!) a couple of weeks ago when I noticed the VH4 model went to 26 on my resource meter, but it didn't solve the problem.  Is anyone using that model in a project that sees the same CPU hit?  I'd love to see if that's been fixed but looks like I'll need to file a ticket before that can be found out.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

My problem with Amplitube is using it without spending an hour or more experimenting / jamming out with different sounds. It's a rabbit hole I keep happily falling down, but I think I need some kind of timer to tell me I've just spent an hour playing around. I respect the guys that go in, strategically find what they need and get going. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Peter - IK Multimedia said:

AmpliTube 5.2 loads up quickly on my M1 Mac and Window 10 machines.  I don't use Studio One so I can't test that but it seems to be working overall.  @Marc Cormier -  in your case raising a tech support ticket is going to be the best route.  Sorry you are having trouble.

Got it - thanks, Peter.  Why on earth are you apologizing?!!!  I have, like, 44 freebies to pick out from the Group Buy - not like I won't find something to do in the meantime.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well here is one step back. Every time I open AmpliTube 5.2 in standalone now it tells me that if I want to use any gear in trial mode, I should start the IK Multimedia Product Manager and restart AmpliTube 5. Thing is, I own everything in AmpliTube and have no need for trial mode. How do I get rid of this message?

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Standalone locks up on the 10-second splash screen as well.  Now its at least 2:10.  I reverted back to an earlier build (thanks for the advice!) a couple of weeks ago when I noticed the VH4 model went to 26 on my resource meter, but it didn't solve the problem.  Is anyone using that model in a project that sees the same CPU hit?  I'd love to see if that's been fixed but looks like I'll need to file a ticket before that can be found out.

For what is it worth, AmpliTube 5.2 works fine for me in Studio One. Also the VH4 does seem to be any more power hungry on my machine than any other amp.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marc Cormier said:

Dead in the water here.  Creating a new song in S1- just so I can load one instance of AT5 to see if the ridiculous CPU drag is any better - and AT5 locks up.

I did check this afternoon, and no the CPU usage has not drop on my Windows PC. Support has answered me that they are looking into it with a few users a week ago. But it wouldn't hurt for you  to open a ticket. The more information they have the better, and it is also important for them to know how many users are experiencing this.

I am still on 5.0.3, which unfortunately does not allow me to use the X gear stuff, for now.

Edit: But it does not crash or lock up for me, it just uses a lot more cpu than 5.0.3. Either standalone or as a plugin in Cakewalk.

Edited by Jacques Boileau

1 hour ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Well here is one step back. Every time I open AmpliTube 5.2 in standalone now it tells me that if I want to use any gear in trial mode, I should start the IK Multimedia Product Manager and restart AmpliTube 5. Thing is, I own everything in AmpliTube and have no need for trial mode. How do I get rid of this message?

Since the update, I get this warning message EVERY time I launch AT5. Even when using it as a plugin, in a previously saved project.

However, when I insert a new instance of AT5 into a project, no warning popup is issued.

Edited by abacab

9 minutes ago, abacab said:

However, AT 5.2.0 seems all good here in Studio One 5.4.0. No heavy CPU to report. AT5 is showing 11% CPU in a new project with the default preset.

For me it is higher cpu usage than you, probably because my PC is less capable than yours. But, even at 11%, just think if you are doing multi guitar layering. For example, two rhythm guitars pan left and right, a bass and a two lead guitars playing harmonies all with their on instance of AT5, along with all the rest of the plugins. It might start to matter at some point too. 

If you have a bit of time, install 5.0.3 and compare the cpu usage. It does not take very long and I would be very curious to see your numbers. My guess is that on your machine 5.0.3 should run at about 5% cpu. But I would really like to know if it's machine dependent or not. Meaning it does that on some PC configurations and not others.

31 minutes ago, abacab said:

However, AT 5.2.0 seems all good here in Studio One 5.4.0. No heavy CPU to report. AT5 is showing 11% CPU in a new project with the default preset.

Same here.  S1 5.4 and Windows 10. A little slow to stat up, but stand alone and adding it into a project works fine. 16% CPU for me...

24 minutes ago, Jacques Boileau said:

For me it is higher cpu usage than you, probably because my PC is less capable than yours. But, even at 11%, just think if you are doing multi guitar layering. For example, two rhythm guitars pan left and right, a bass and a two lead guitars playing harmonies all with their on instance of AT5, along with all the rest of the plugins. It might start to matter at some point too. 

If you have a bit of time, install 5.0.3 and compare the cpu usage. It does not take very long and I would be very curious to see your numbers. My guess is that on your machine 5.0.3 should run at about 5% cpu. But I would really like to know if it's machine dependent or not. Meaning it does that on some PC configurations and not others.

Already did. See this post from September:

• Thanks 1