problem with Softube Saturation Knob [SOLVED]

Recently Softube releases en new version of saturation knob with new features.  on my two computers when it loads produces an error that is described as main call and suggests disabling the plugin. despite that if ignored the plugin works fine but every time the vst are scanned the same error occurs. Any suggestions to fix the problem? I am talkimg about external version...

Thanks

SOLUTION: When you install the new version in cakewalk, you only have to leave the VST3 version. version 2 is incompatible with internal version 2 that appears in the pro channel. This is accomplished by deleting the softube folder that contains the new VST2 saturation knob. the installation unfortunately asks for the directories but does not allow you to choose ...😄

Captura de pantalla 2021-10-07 144805.png

Edited by Jorge Arias
  • Thanks 1

On 10/7/2021 at 1:51 PM, Jorge Arias said:

Recently Softube releases en new version of saturation knob with new features.  on my two computers when it loads produces an error that is described as main call and suggests disabling the plugin. despite that if ignored the plugin works fine but every time the vst are scanned the same error occurs. Any suggestions to fix the problem? I am talkimg about external version...

Thanks

SOLUTION: When you install the new version in cakewalk, you only have to leave the VST3 version. version 2 is incompatible with internal version 2 that appears in the pro channel. This is accomplished by deleting the softube folder that contains the new VST2 saturation knob. the installation unfortunately asks for the directories but does not allow you to choose ...😄

I think that's the solution I'm using, a really old VST version for use in PC, & up-to-date VST3 for FX Bin & Chains. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2021 at 1:51 PM, Jorge Arias said:

Thanks

When you say: "This is accomplished by deleting the softube folder that contains the new VST2 saturation knob." Is this done before the install? Also did you use the Softube installer? I have a number of Softube vsts & PC modules. Hopefully, I can use the installer and skip the vst2s.

during installation the installer does not allow you to choose what to install. the program adds a folder "softube" in the folder of the vst2 (64bits) of cakewalk. inside is the VST2 that produces the error. removing it solves the problem because the VST3 works fine. on the other hand it does not interfere with the native plugin that appears in the pro channel. It's not necessary  deletes others vst in the folder

Edited by Jorge Arias
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2021 at 10:03 PM, Jorge Arias said:

on the other hand it does not interfere with the native plugin that appears in the pro channel.

This is an older VST2 version of the plug-in.

All the Softube PC modules are regular VST2 plug-ins that pull double duty as PC modules.

Unfortunately Softube broke PC module compatibility over a year ago and they have no intention of fixing it.

As noted above the VST3 works.

Thanks for nothing Softube. Worst support ever.

Update: I have heard Softube has fixed the problem but there is no release date. Until then, the only solution is run an older release.

Edited by scook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have this error as well with only those two plug ins.  Four Softube plugs are included free with a Focusrite Red 16 Line.  Two gave no errors, but Saturation Knob and TSAR-R1 Reverb give the same error as everyone else.  I was getting very risky and enabling them.

I never installed them before but yes the solution is to find the vst2 versions (dlls) from 64 bit folder and delete them.  I don't know where the VST3s are living large but they are working.