Universal Audio New Audio Interfaces

Grem

On 10/12/2021 at 9:03 PM, RBH said:

What sells me on UA is the fidelity of the interface.

Yes. And once I got a taste of that...

I do love being able to use an SSL console strip, along with a Lexicon reverb to do vocals with. Sounds just so sweet!!

[edit] TOTP!!!

Edited by Grem

On 10/7/2021 at 9:55 PM, Zo said:

I guess no dsp , so regular ones , question being does it unlok luna ...

strange i see plugins coming with it ... are they going native ?

Similar kind of bundle you get with other interfaces like the Focusrite. They even provide the same Softube bundle that Focusrite does, it's called the Softube Time and Tone bundle.

On 10/9/2021 at 8:53 AM, Zo said:

Actually there smust be a dsp but not usable via plugin since there s built in compressor 76 and a drive so it must be like their pedals , digital algo , dsp calculation...

Not all models of the Volt has these. Only the higher priced models. The ones that do not have '76' in their name do not and are, of course, cheaper. But they all have tube emulation!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2021 at 7:13 PM, Michael Docy said:

The compressor is analog, not DSP.  Excerpt from the Sweetwater review:  "The Volt 76 models include built-in FET compression modeled after the UREI 1176. Best of all, these are real-world analog compressors, not a digital emulation."

And that tube?

14 hours ago, Fleer said:

And that tube?

It says in the review that they use op-amps to emulate the tube circuit.
Both the compressor and preamp are analog hardware.

Here's the quote from the Sweetwater review:

Begin quote:

610-inspired Microphone Preamps

Universal Audio is a company with a legacy — they know how to build analog circuits. The Volt’s microphone preamps epitomize this celebrated history, boasting tailor-crafted solid-state electronics that deliver a decidedly 610 tube preamp–like flavor. “It’s like with DSP — you’re modeling what’s happening in the analog realm,” explains Shawn. “But, instead of doing it digitally, we’re doing it with op-amps.” What’s more, the Volt’s selectable Vintage Preamp mode enables you to inject your signal with tube-like analog saturation and clipping.

Built-in FET Compression

The Volt 76 models include built-in FET compression modeled after the UREI 1176. Best of all, these are real-world analog compressors, not a digital emulation. While these compressors nail the 1176’s fabled punch and presence, they’re easy to use, courtesy of three application-specific modes for vocals, guitars, and drums. “With the compressor,” states Shawn, “we made presets with optimized attack and release times to make it super-easy for people who aren’t familiar with a hardware compressor with all its knobs, bells, and whistles.”

End quote.

• Thanks 1