Universal Audio New Audio Interfaces

Grem

16 minutes ago, abacab said:

They probably had no choice, what with the IK Group Buy bleeding everyone dry!

These unit are not available yet,  I'm a sucker for these smaller interfaces. I use to collect them back when M-Audio started doing this.  I have a MOTU M2 on a system.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zo said:

strange i see plugins coming with it ... are they going native ?

How good would that be! Unfortunately it looks like a grab bag of entry-level items to entice people into relationships with companies like Softube, Ableton, PA

Edited by Craig N
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zo said:

there smust be a dsp but not usable via plugin

my observation as well, wondering how you access these built in fx, noting it's both WIN/OS, assuming some standalone app? and if this new 'platform' is capable of supporting a greater variety of fx options in the future. 

probably too much to ask for...

On 10/7/2021 at 1:14 PM, abacab said:

They probably had no choice, what with the IK Group Buy bleeding everyone dry!

You are correct. They had a sale during this IK GB and I didn't even look. Well... I took a short look! Didn't see anything that interested me!

On 10/7/2021 at 4:38 PM, DeeringAmps said:

I do love my RME babyface.

I sold my Fireface 400 when I got the UA stuff. That was a sale I regret. Wished I would have kept that thing. RME is solid.

4 hours ago, Zo said:

Actually there smust be a dsp but not usable via plugin since there s built in compressor 76 and a drive so it must be like their pedals , digital algo , dsp calculation...

Yes I think you hit the nail on the head. But like you say, bigger question is will it come with Luna? If it does, it would open up a market segment to UA that they might not get otherwise.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grem said:

You are correct. They had a sale during this IK GB and I didn't even look. Well... I took a short look! Didn't see anything that interested me!

I sold my Fireface 400 when I got the UA stuff. That was a sale I regret. Wished I would have kept that thing. RME is solid.

Yes I think you hit the nail on the head. But like you say, bigger question is will it come with Luna? If it does, it would open up a market segment to UA that they might not get otherwise.

Well unless the open for windows , i dont see a "that great" jump in volume of sales

4 minutes ago, Zo said:

Well unless the open for windows , i dont see a "that great" jump in volume of sales

Yes, I meant that... didn't include it. They gotta get on the Windows train, eventually. This may be the wqa y they go.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 2:53 PM, Zo said:

Actually there smust be a dsp but not usable via plugin since there s built in compressor 76 and a drive so it must be like their pedals , digital algo , dsp calculation...

Of course. Sorry, I meant for hosting UAD plug-ins 😎

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 1:39 PM, projectm said:

Of course. Sorry, I meant for hosting UAD plug-ins 😎

It doesn't look like UA plugins will work on the Volt interface. So no go there.

It really isn't that bad looking interface. Seems to have all the stuff you would want. Priced reasonably well also. Entry level at $139. Top of the line Volt is $369.

Good article here:

https://www.sweetwater.com/lists/lt.php?id=LBpfAFYJAlYITgsJVwtRRQAADVkEAg

Edited by Grem

On 10/9/2021 at 8:53 AM, Zo said:

The compressor is analog, not DSP.  Excerpt from the Sweetwater review:  "The Volt 76 models include built-in FET compression modeled after the UREI 1176. Best of all, these are real-world analog compressors, not a digital emulation."

Edited by Michael Docy
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Michael Docy said:

The compressor is analog, not DSP.  Excerpt from the Sweetwater review:  "The Volt 76 models include built-in FET compression modeled after the UREI 1176. Best of all, these are real-world analog compressors, not a digital emulation."

Wow, that’s actually quite interesting

I have an old system and an older silver face FW Apollo . What sells me on UA is the fidelity of the interface. The plugs are great - but there's nothing I couldn't  go with-out and substitute other good quality plugs. If these newer ones can hang with the interface headroom and fidelity - I'd go for it.