How can I set the default MP3 bitrate to 320kbps?

apt

I'm using 2021.09 build 145.

Every time I export the project as MP3, the bitrate is set to 256, no matter which I selected last time.

Is there a way to change this default setting, or let it remember the last bitrate I select?

Thanks!

• Like 1

I'd really like this feature too. I'm working on a project that involves bulk processing lots of exports and I have to change it to 320 every time. I'm pretty sure it used to recall the last used setting in a session before the recent update. And also would be nice to have the option to turn off the blue post-export notification!

It's really good to see the export process being updated so thoroughly though, thank you!

You can do this if you configure it in the External Encoder. Once you do that your 320 mp3 shows up in the Export list. I have mine setup to default to VBR4, which is a variable bit rate. It processes at 320, yet in areas that 320 is of no benefit, it reduces the bit rate lower. This way your ending file is smaller.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/9/2021 at 4:25 PM, gmp said:

You can do this if you configure it in the External Encoder. Once you do that your 320 mp3 shows up in the Export list. I have mine setup to default to VBR4, which is a variable bit rate. It processes at 320, yet in areas that 320 is of no benefit, it reduces the bit rate lower. This way your ending file is smaller.

I haven't delved too deeply into the external encoder. From what I've read, the LAME encoder is somehow incorporated into Cakewalk but does this mean you have to also download it separately if you want to configure it in the utility?

On 10/22/2021 at 3:40 PM, John Vere said:

@Simon Wilkinson

Did you know you can batch process as many files as you want using most Wave Editors. 
I often finish albums of up to 20 songs, export as Wave then batch convert to MP3 using Gold Wave. 
All audio formats are supported as well as every MP3 option. no

http://www.goldwave.ca/

Thanks John, yes I often use Audacity for batch processing and final trimming/tidying up of files but I have some very case-specific projects where I still use CW for a lot of exports to mp3 where I use VST FX processing first, so it's still useful for me to stay within CW for those instances.