Proud Dad!

mcmd

Just sharing .......and  perhaps many of you can relate to this....I've been an armature musician for 40yrs (and with Cakewalk form very early).  My daughter recently participated in her local High School "Idol" contest.  I'm encouraged by all these young artists performing in front of their peers.

Edited by mcmd
Trim vid
  • Like 3

Not bad at all! I don't know how they do it. I would never have had the guts to sing in front of people in high school. (In grade school I did because I was still too young to be self conscious.)

Edited by Will Hackett

On 12/30/2018 at 5:56 PM, Will Hackett said:

Not bad at all! I don't know how they do it. I would never had had the guts to sing in front of people in high school. (In grade school I did because I was still too young to be self conscious.)

Will - whats funny is that she won't sing at home when I'm around or use my studio...but with her friends or 'On Stage ' different girl!

1 hour ago, daryl1968 said:

Wow. Great voice. 

How old is she?

Hi Daryl - she's 15.

Plays the Ukulele, writes her own songs, all her friends know the lyrics and can sing along. (hey...that rhymes!)

What I'm realizing, is that social media, like Instagram, allows her to share her music with her peers and get instant feedback/validation.

Also, in general, these kids  all listen to music on their phones, often through the speakers, so 'quality recordings' isn't part of the experience that they care about.  

(BTW your music is great!)

14 minutes ago, mcmd said:

Hi Daryl - she's 15.

Plays the Ukulele, writes her own songs, all her friends know the lyrics and can sing along. (hey...that rhymes!)

What I'm realizing, is that social media, like Instagram, allows her to share her music with her peers and get instant feedback/validation.

Also, in general, these kids  all listen to music on their phones, often through the speakers, so 'quality recordings' isn't part of the experience that they care about.  

(BTW your music is great!)

Brilliant. You have very good reason to be a proud dad. She has a mature voice for her age. 

(Thanks a lot mate)

On 1/13/2019 at 3:46 PM, David Sprouse said:

I enjoyed this performance more than half the stuff people contribute on this website.  Live performance has an edge that the bed room recording world can't match.  She has a wonderful voice, hope she continues with music.  Are you playing the piano?

I'll convey the compliment - thanks! ...piano...unfortunately no...you tube backing track...