No sound in Cakewalk since I installed Motu M2

Asafan

Hello everyone,

I'm in deep trouble. My old sound card crashed, I installed a new one, Motu M2, and I don't know how to configure the audio devices and the driver settings. Before, with my old sound card (Steinberg UR22) I had as input and output audio devices 2 choices : Asio4all and my soundcard. Now, with the Motu M2, I have only one choice : Motu M2 ! As I tried to uninstall Cakewalk and reinstall the last version, I had a message saying that Asio4all didn't work so well with Cakewalk (wich I have never noticed before). So I went with Wasapi (shared). But I still have no sound at all...

Could you please tell me what I should do and try to get my sound back? I'm in a hurry. I must create a soundtrack for a theater show for the end of Oktober.

Thanks a lot for your help

Edited by Asafan

Yes, windows sees the device. Cakewalk sees it too. And no audio at all, even on youtube.

Could there be a conflict between the Motu M2 and my computer native sound card Realteck ? There was no conflict before with my old Steinberg. Should I go check in the Bios ?

I have a M4. There is a few things you probably didn't do during install,  I cover everything in this video. 

I had to install a PCIe USB 3 card to get mine working properly because of the Bus power. But that's not your problem at this moment. 

Make sure you re start your Computer. 

If the Motu is working it will show as the Default audio device when you click on the Speaker icon in the systems tray. Also you can go into the device manager under Sound Video and Game controllers and make sure the Motu is listed there. If it isn't then you haven't installed the driver correctly.  Use scooks link to the web site and make sure you download the latest driver, don't let windows do this or it might install a generic driver. . 

On 10/7/2021 at 4:43 AM, John Vere said:

I have a M4. There is a few things you probably didn't do during install,  I cover everything in this video. 

I had to install a PCIe USB 3 card to get mine working properly because of the Bus power. But that's not your problem at this moment. 

Make sure you re start your Computer. 

If the Motu is working it will show as the Default audio device when you click on the Speaker icon in the systems tray. Also you can go into the device manager under Sound Video and Game controllers and make sure the Motu is listed there. If it isn't then you haven't installed the driver correctly.  Use scooks link to the web site and make sure you download the latest driver, don't let windows do this or it might install a generic driver. . 

Hey! Thanks a lot for this video. I almost missed it! I'm really happy I didn't

I followed your steps and I can say I made great progress. Now I can hear midi and audio in Cakewalk, except for one (until now) vsti : Jeskola, which can play wav and sf2 but refuses to let me hear them!

I want to thank you guys for your kindness and your help.

@John Vere I hope you will do many more tutorials about Cakewalk as great as this one. I will be very grateful. I subscribed to your youtube channel.

Thanks,yes that’s the first In what might be a dozen or more.  I’m just editing # 2 now. It is about setting up midi. There are many videos on Cakewalk but they mostly are topic related. A few folks have requested more of a step by step series so that’s my goal. I’m trying to be accurate and go into details that I find are important due to those type of questions always come up on this forum.