Problem with Export Panel Display

Mark Bastable

Question

Not sure whether this is one problem or three....

1.  The Sources dropdown doesn't seem to work for me.  (See screenshot) It's a narrow strip that will scroll only to the very top or the very bottom of the list. I imagine it ought to display the whole list of tracks.

2. Maybe because of that, the checkboxes don't respond to being clicked. Or at least some of them don't.

3. It doesn't appear to display all the tracks that are in the project. But maybe it would if issue 1 were solved.

Or am I missing something I should have done?

Version 2021.09 Build 141 64-bit, running Windows 10 on a 16" laptop less than a year old

Screenshot 2021-10-06 185836.png

4 answers to this question

Ah, I've answered at least part of my own question. If I collapse the Mix and Render panel, there's room for the sources panel.

So now the my issue is one of understanding the functionality.

I can't check or uncheck some (but not all) of the boxes in Sources, but I can in Tracks and Buses, and that dominos back to Sources.

What's the purpose of each of those panels?

The Export Dialog is selection based, so:

• If you've nothing selected in your project, all sources will be available
  • If you've got tracks and/or clips selected, sources will be limited based on the selected tracks/clips.  

The Tracks/Buses in project basically allows you to alter your project selection and the mute/solo status of tracks & buses, without having to exit the dialog.

In most cases, you'd make your selection in the tracks view before you open the dialog, but if you're creating multiple export tasks it's convenient to use the "Tracks/Buses in Project" flyout to alter the selection to create additional tasks.

It's also there to be able to alter your selection if you'd made a mistake in your original selection.

What I like is in the true habit of all cakewalks  new gizmos they seem to leave the old ones intact! 
I found nothing of interest in the new dialogue I’ll use but was happy to find the Export widget in the controller bar is still unscathed and works as always. 

It’s like the insert track dialogue for instruments which has some nifty features.  But the old insert synth dialogue is still there too. 
Anther is the Plug in management is now in 2 different dialogues. This is fine for long time users but the duplicates of functions must be confusing to new users. 
I counted 8 ways I can insert a soft synth.