Mixing Night Audio: GreenHAAS $49

e-cue

Mixing Night GreenHAAS $49

They had a $10 off intro offer, but it ended.  Basically it's a saturation / chorus designed by Ken Lewis.  But it does a lot more and looks like it was designed by the people that made Angry Birds.  

GreenHAAS-interface-final.png

They have a 14 day demo.  I'm sure a lot of people will be talking about it, so I do suggest you demo it just to see what the hubbub.  

Edited by e-cue

Points for the cute UI.

The problem with cute UIs, though, is that they offer few clues as to what you're actually doing. Do I need more fertilizer? Maybe. Or maybe choosing the Tulip algorithm was a mistake.

I guess the idea is to encourage experimentation, which is good. Especially if you have no idea what the Haas Effect is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barrie said:

Thanks Barrie.  I edited my hotlink to fix it.  When I type a colon in the hotlink description it messes up the text and after I had posted the correct one but with messed up text, I cut and pasted the link for the GUI by itself.  

1 hour ago, bitflipper said:

The problem with cute UIs, though, is that they offer few clues as to what you're actually doing. Do I need more fertilizer? Maybe. Or maybe choosing the Tulip algorithm was a mistake.

Valid point for sure.  On top of this, there's no manual that I've seen.  But this said, you turn up the fertilizer, and can tell it's a 'feedback' control.  I find it to be intuitive once you start messing with parameters.  One of the ones that threw me for a loop was the dry/wet- this isn't exactly just a wet/dry control on the effects on the right side, but also messes with the center like a mid-side processor.  I think this is pretty cool and I'll probably use it directly on the tracks instead of putting it on an aux channel and bussing to it.  Generally speaking, the more left of a flower I choose, the more right my fertilizer ends up.