Plugin Alliance October Voucher

antler

since cat is out of the bag.  I created a second account a long time ago because I was having trouble receiving the newsletter.  Think it was getting blacklisted by my internet provider.  I still receive random PA  announcement on there but nothing else until last night when a $25 monthly voucher appeared.  I get my regular voucher in my other email.  So if you happen to have a backup account connected to PA you may have received another voucher.

13 minutes ago, kevin H said:

since cat is out of the bag.  I created a second account a long time ago because I was having trouble receiving the newsletter.  Think it was getting blacklisted by my internet provider.  I still receive random PA  announcement on there but nothing else until last night when a $25 monthly voucher appeared.  I get my regular voucher in my other email.  So if you happen to have a backup account connected to PA you may have received another voucher.

That does complicate things a bit though. As far as I remember, you can only use one voucher of a certain value per account/month. If that hasn't changed, you'd have to use the second voucher with the second account; then you'll have PA plugins registered to (at least) two accounts. As per their policy, you can't use two accounts at the same time on one computer unless one is used in offline mode (license on a USB stick). 

8 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

As per their policy, you can't use two accounts at the same time on one computer unless one is used in offline mode (license on a USB stick). 

Actually don't need a USB stick.  I've had and have used all of my plugins on my Home DAW, Work DAW,  & SurfacePro 4 without issue and no dongle from the start.

4 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Actually don't need a USB stick.  I've had and have used all of my plugins on my Home DAW, Work DAW,  & SurfacePro 4 without issue and no dongle from the start.

You don't need a USB stick with one account, you can use online activation. Are you using multiple PA accounts at the same time, on the same computer, without using the offline activation? 

Nope, I have three activations available for each of my plugs in my one and only PA account.  This is from the Support page:

CapturePA.JPG.79c84f04c4913505bc2cfc388b29488c.JPG

Also, from the Activation Manual:

Our Licensing System

Plugin Alliance products use a proprietary licensing system that is completely software based. No hardware license dongle, special drivers, or serial numbers are required to run any of our plugins. Everything is handled from within the software product. All of your licenses are stored in a single file located on your computer or USB flash drive.

A full license unlocks a plugin for an unlimited amount of time. You get a full license whenever you purchase a new plugin from our website. These licenses can be activated on up to 3 devices. If you want to use more devices, you can purchase additional licenses to add 3 more devices with each license."

Edited by Fwrend

24 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

Are you using multiple PA accounts at the same time, on the same computer, without using the offline activation?

3 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

I was talking about something else. 

Ah, got it - sorry.

45 minutes ago, fitzroy said:

That does complicate things a bit though. As far as I remember, you can only use one voucher of a certain value per account/month. If that hasn't changed, you'd have to use the second voucher with the second account; then you'll have PA plugins registered to (at least) two accounts. As per their policy, you can't use two accounts at the same time on one computer unless one is used in offline mode (license on a USB stick). 

I won’t use the $25 one until later as experiment and will update this thread.  I’ve heard of people giving away their vouchers and others using but don’t know if they ever tried using more than one voucher in same month.

10 minutes ago, Fwrend said:

Ah, got it - sorry.

No problem. 

4 minutes ago, kevin H said:

I won’t use the $25 one until later as experiment and will update this thread.  I’ve heard of people giving away their vouchers and others using but don’t know if they ever tried using more than one voucher in same month.

Yeah, that would be quite useful to know, if it works. About a year ago, when I wanted to do the same, PA were not allowing it, but who knows, maybe they relaxed that policy. People giving away vouchers is probably not a good indicator either way (there are plenty of people who don't get vouchers who are happy to accept them). 

Turns out $25 is generic and can be used by anyone.  People posted their code on gearspace and they match my coupon code.  Minimum $32 spend.  You can’t stack them but I was able to use it after I used my official loyalty voucher on same account.  Likely can’t be used more than once.  Haven’t tried. Enjoy.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kevin H said:

Turns out $25 is generic and can be used by anyone.  People posted their code on gearspace and they match my coupon code.  Minimum $32 spend.  You can’t stack them but I was able to use it after I used my official loyalty voucher on same account.  Likely can’t be used more than once.  Haven’t tried. Enjoy.

I think it was always possible to use someone else's voucher and, as it has been discussed here and elsewhere, in some months they do seem to be generic (i.e. everyone gets the same voucher). So maybe PA are indeed becoming more generous about how people use them. But just so we're clear - did you use two $25 monthly loyalty vouchers in the same (this) month? 

31 minutes ago, Pseudopop said:

I crossed the line with my purchases and they hit me with this:

It's quite odd with PA's system that the $50 voucher is more of a penalty, instead of an additional reward. They really should do something about this. An easy fix would be:

- if your cart value is at least $75, it works as a$50 voucher

- if your cart value is above $32 but below $75, it works as a $25 voucher 

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1

Yep, it took 2 or 3 months of not using my voucher to get me back to a $25 voucher this month.  It's always a fine balance of patience, cash, GAS, & price of desired plug.

I feel derelict not using my voucher for so long - unworthy!  😊

On 10/6/2021 at 8:09 AM, fitzroy said:

It's quite odd with PA's system that the $50 voucher is more of a penalty, instead of an additional reward.

I agree that the $25 is typically more useful. They do have occasional sales for $79.99, for more or less recently released plugins, and the $50 can be used for those. E.g., I just got Neold Big Al for $29.99 after stacking BIGAL7999 with the monthly $50. So far Big Al has been excluded from the lower prices in the mega sales (although $29.99 is not the cheapest, $99.99 minus the $75 monthly voucher is the lowest I have seen)