cats

jack c.

hello jack c....this is a varied piece of sounds, indeed....as well as the lyrics....personally, i like cats, but i don't really trust them....anyway, the tempo and musical shifts are quirky and fit the mood of the song perfectly....the lyrics are a narrative of questions, answers, revelations and resolve....i am reminded of the work of zappa, they might be giants, tom waits....so, i think you did a great job of creating a piece of music that is not ordinary, has a special kind of charm and engages the listener....personally, i am a sucker for good melodies but i respect the sudden mood shifts you employ in parts of the song....by all means, carry on!!!! 🎙️🎹🎶🥁

1 hour ago, Larry T. said:

hello jack c....this is a varied piece of sounds, indeed....as well as the lyrics....personally, i like cats, but i don't really trust them....anyway, the tempo and musical shifts are quirky and fit the mood of the song perfectly....the lyrics are a narrative of questions, answers, revelations and resolve....i am reminded of the work of zappa, they might be giants, tom waits....so, i think you did a great job of creating a piece of music that is not ordinary, has a special kind of charm and engages the listener....personally, i am a sucker for good melodies but i respect the sudden mood shifts you employ in parts of the song....by all means, carry on!!!! 🎙️🎹🎶🥁

larry this is the nicest/meaningful review i ever had .thanks ever so much!!!!!!!!!back in the day me band and i played toads of the short forest-orange county lumber truck-willie the *****-peaches and others.so they are a big part in me head.by the way i think i used 25 tracks or so on this.jack c.

• Like 1

Hey Jack
Of all the songs of yours I've heard, this one is the best.
The intro pulled me in with that kind of Spanish scale you have going on. The voc treatment is very good tho I still don't understand most of the lyrics (but I think that's just me and my declining hearing). I like all the abrupt changes but most of all I like the melodic phrases. Very catchy.
-Bjorn

Jack , of All the songs I've ever heard , this has to be one of the strangest .  That being said , It was Very well mixed and Finished. Your vocals came thru Very nice especially with your reverb choice.   I also really liked the instrumentation especially the intro percussion stuff.   I really enjoyed it ..        Great job !                                 mark   

• Like 1